• You cannot reply to this topic

Best mask for wearing glasses? DYE I3? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:30 AM

Flex is gonna be your best best with glasses. The lenses are big enough to fit your glasses behind, and are the best for fogging and ventilation.

Becc, I was thinking the same thing last night. make it like the Flex lens but the inner layer is persription. Need a way to seal off the inside like the flex, but then be able to swap the front lens and still seal it off.

Anyway, Pic of proflex and glasses:

Posted Image

#17 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

Ive had some crappy 32 degrees lenses that work, grillz, and proto el switch all have worked with my glasses.

#18 User is offline   Benshan 

• Pastor Ben
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Benshan

Post icon  Posted 09 January 2009 - 06:45 AM

Wow this topic blew up after I quit watching it :blink: I actually went with the save Phace So Phat in Digi. I just got it in yesterday from Action Village. It's crazy heavy but stays put well. My glasses, small frames, fit great under them and the field of vision is awesome. Their web site sold me on their safety and ease of changing out the lenses. I can't pony up the dough for prescription sunglasses let alone a script paintball mask. I never liked contacts because at the time I wore them they did not fit my right eye well ( I have an astigmatism) and fell out really easy. I also have a heck of a time poking myself in the eye to put in and take out. I was a really traumatic experience for me. So at any rate I will try out my new mask today hopefully and see how it wears with my glasses during play.

Sabre # 805

#19 User is offline   French 

• Group:Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:QC MAD KID

Posted 09 January 2009 - 03:22 PM

flex
INFLUENCE 09 Vaughan Vipers RXL 2k10
WARNING HEAVY METAL click me /Here my feedback
Tdot feedback Group banned# 13 MCB feedback

#20 User is offline   Xakk 

• got boost?
  • PipPip

Posted 09 January 2009 - 04:07 PM

View PostBenshan, on Jan 9 2009, 07:45 AM, said:

Wow this topic blew up after I quit watching it :laugh: I actually went with the save Phace So Phat in Digi. I just got it in yesterday from Action Village. It's crazy heavy but stays put well. My glasses, small frames, fit great under them and the field of vision is awesome. Their web site sold me on their safety and ease of changing out the lenses. I can't pony up the dough for prescription sunglasses let alone a script paintball mask. I never liked contacts because at the time I wore them they did not fit my right eye well ( I have an astigmatism) and fell out really easy. I also have a heck of a time poking myself in the eye to put in and take out. I was a really traumatic experience for me. So at any rate I will try out my new mask today hopefully and see how it wears with my glasses during play.

Sorry to hear you don't like contacts... they do make them for astigmatism now though! And they aren't all that much more expencive. The whole poking yourself in the eye thing gets easier with time. I have a friend who refuses to try contacts. He's never done it and he never wants to because he is afraid to touch his eyes. But he is the kind of guy that will jump off a bridge for the fun of it. Some people just can't do it. But later down the road, if you ever do try it, they are alot better than glasses!

The main trick that I found out, (no thanks to my optromitrist) is to keep your fingers dry. And dont try to put soaking wet contacts in your eyes either, they just flip and stick to your finger every time lol. Glad you found a mask! :laugh:

#21 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

View PostBenshan, on Jan 9 2009, 07:45 AM, said:

Wow this topic blew up after I quit watching it :D I actually went with the save Phace So Phat in Digi. I just got it in yesterday from Action Village. It's crazy heavy but stays put well. My glasses, small frames, fit great under them and the field of vision is awesome. Their web site sold me on their safety and ease of changing out the lenses. I can't pony up the dough for prescription sunglasses let alone a script paintball mask. I never liked contacts because at the time I wore them they did not fit my right eye well ( I have an astigmatism) and fell out really easy. I also have a heck of a time poking myself in the eye to put in and take out. I was a really traumatic experience for me. So at any rate I will try out my new mask today hopefully and see how it wears with my glasses during play.

Well I really have a hard time figuring out how contacts straight fall out, at least soft ones, like what I wear. There are problems I have with them, like if you rub your eye wrong they can fold over, and that's a pain to fix, but it's possible w/o taking them out. They also get dry when I sleep. And once I did the stupid thing of leaving them in on a 14 hour trans pacific flight. Lets just say that the humidity drops to like <20% and even putting rewetting drops in every 30 minutes didn't work. If your flight is longer than 3 hours, take them out for your own good.

The first time I got contacts in, a nurse or tech did it and I fainted. Very strange. After a while I still hate putting them in. It's pretty easy but they can still occasionally be a female dog sometimes. That's why I have 1 week wear lenses. Even though all of that happens and more I still love them. I look better without glasses, I can play paintball, ski, swim (w/goggles in the pool, I've been in the ocean with them w/ no problem, don't want to take the chance with all the poo in the pools) and see well, and just have a better time in some places.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users