• Brigade Name:druidsdecendant

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:42 AM

Posted Image

Impeller spinning....

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Warped A5; M98; 68 Magnum w/ AGD 6-Pack, Automaggot #92 Custom Modder #5
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#17 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:24 AM

It's not too shabby, but it would have look a bit better had you sanded out those plastic weld seems more before painting and taken a little more time on the paint job. So how long before you use it in a game to see how your craftsmanship holds up?

#18 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 December 2008 - 03:34 AM

View PostWeigel21, on Dec 13 2008, 05:24 AM, said:

It's not too shabby, but it would have look a bit better had you sanded out those plastic weld seems more before painting and taken a little more time on the paint job. So how long before you use it in a game to see how your craftsmanship holds up?

Man, I tried....lol. That stuff is like IRON. I have 2 new sanding sponges, both having 200 grit surfaces (Extra course) and it wore them BOTH out, removing very little of the JB at all.....lol.

The paint scheme itself is just fine for me because...well...I'm not afraid to roll around and can see me repainting it after one or two games...lol. I wanted to see how this particular 'camo scheme' works in our woods first. If not working, I'll likely just go all tan with some odd striping of black and green. IDK......just tinkering with paint schemes right now...

Should be in 2 weeks or so. I have yet to do a paint count, drop test and load it on the marker. I'll probably do that Tuesday (day off) in the afternoon...provided the weather holds out....

This post has been edited by druid: 13 December 2008 - 03:35 AM

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
I got my OWN smiley...

#19 User is offline   betasniper 

• A four dimensional object
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:betasniper

Posted 13 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

very nice

do you have a very coarse file? if you do, use it. it might get rid of more material before it completely wears out.
Wikipedia is the Walmart of knowledge, they have everything, but it is all tainted one way or another. If you spit on your monitor, your saliva becomes a rainbow, this is Microsoft's form of "optimism". One way to know if your lazy is if you use print preview, because you can't press the print button your self.
Zdspb-Marker Animations Long list of working markers, visit if confused Click here!!! Auxiliary Grammar Police #13 225Bp
If you collect coins, you're an economist. If you collect rocks, you're a geologist. if you collect death threats, you're the president.
"Most people swear by there A-5 I tend to swear at mine instead."-Long Wood, MY AWESOME WEBSITE!!!once you've gone shameless, you'll never go blameless As I lay in bed, I looked at the stars and thought, where the hell is my ceiling? "I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car..

#20 User is offline   Nom Carver 

• My browser PWNS yours!!!
  • PipPip

Posted 18 December 2008 - 07:07 PM

Well if you did happen to repaint it and happened to have some mesh netting around..........

(Cough)
you could try out my how to here
(Cough)

Yay free advertising!! :D JK seriously man thats pretty cool. Wish I was brave enough and had enough stuff laying around to do something like that.
(\__,,
( x x) <--- This is Bunny if I see him in one more signature...
(")_ -==(")
Dear Tippmann, Clamshells suck. Signed, Friggin everybody - F-3
feedback My How to paint snakeskin how-to; OMG!!!

#21 User is offline   druid 

• Celtic Warrior - Mo Anam Cara
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 December 2008 - 09:21 PM

View Postbetasniper, on Dec 13 2008, 04:48 PM, said:

very nice

do you have a very coarse file? if you do, use it. it might get rid of more material before it completely wears out.

I can't get in there with my Dremel bud...a file isn't going to get in any better...lol...

View PostNom Carver, on Dec 18 2008, 09:07 PM, said:

Well if you did happen to repaint it and happened to have some mesh netting around..........

(Cough)
you could try out my how to here
(Cough)

Yay free advertising!! :P JK seriously man thats pretty cool. Wish I was brave enough and had enough stuff laying around to do something like that.

Believe me when I say, I truly considered doing the snakeskin design to begin with and in honesty, I still could over top of what's already on it. I'm considering tweaking the interior so I have no immediate intentions on repainting.

Thanks. I've got a ton of gear laying around...going through it in planning for OK DDay, I started 'thinking'......lol...
I got my OWN smiley...

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +

Fast Reply

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users