Special Ops Paintball: A question of fairness... - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (9 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A question of fairness... Rate Topic: ****- 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   ghostinthewood 

  • ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 5,414
  • Joined: 22-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dub Town, IN
  • Brigade Name:GHOSTINTHEWOOD AKA SERAPH

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:49 AM

I've never had a problem enforcing BPS caps at tournies. To go completely unbiased just limit the ROF. Next thing you know the stock class guys are going to be saying they're undergunned and what everyone to have 15balls in their hoppers...
<a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=3077" target="_blank"><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/Serapiel2/GITW1.jpg" border="0" class="linked-sig-image" /></a>
Guerillas arent endangered, they're just hard to find...sXe
"I dont think you're supposed to call you're girlfriend a n00b..." ~ robin 1:20pm 12/24/08
<3 robin
<a href="http://www.makeittosunday.com/" target="_blank">http://www.makeittosunday.com/</a>
(22:08:48) T-Freak : hey dont laugh at me...im just a dumb pentacostal morman
0

#32 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

  • Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 05-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bay City MI
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 24 November 2008 - 10:57 AM

View PostThalion, on Nov 20 2008, 10:40 PM, said:

Option 2. All players may only take into the field X amount of paintballs per game (up to you what the limit is, I play an annual local tournament where the number is 10 paintballs, but it's also a pump tournament)


this is the best option IMO. i think it's funny when some woodsballers get beat by speedballers they blame everything but their own crappy playing. (not saying the all woodsball players play like crap or that they all blame it on other factors, just saying if you're losing, it probably means you should get better.)
0

#33 User is offline   Gadget Soldier 

  • SoCal Event Poster
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 388
  • Joined: 12-December 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Southern California
  • Brigade Name:Gadget Soldier

Posted 24 November 2008 - 11:16 PM

so how about this as an example? a set rof at 15 and a set amount of paint per game, lets say 2 or 3 pods (~140 in each and not the dye lock lids) and nothing in the hopper?
Posted Image
South Western Scenario Forum: http://www.paintball4all.com
Team Knuckle Draggerz proudly sponsored by:
Paintballphotography.com / Paintball Gateway Online Store / Tippmannparts.com / Pinokio Hoppers
0

#34 User is offline   jim762 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lemoore, Ca
  • Brigade Name:jim762

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:18 AM

I play at a woods ball field all the time. Last time we played, a bunch of speedballers showed up. We were nice and went semi auto just for them. they started using ramping, we still beat them, just with hit and run tactics. We drew 4 of them into an ambush. I think you can beat them with out full auto. But every one on semi is the way to go.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't!
Sponsored by: Urban Ops Armory
0

#35 User is offline   GuitarSlave 

  • Moutain Bike Racer
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,113
  • Joined: 05-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bay City MI
  • Brigade Name:GuitarSlave

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:44 AM

serously, a BPS cap shouldn't even be an issue. most guy can only walk 13-14 anyways. just ban PSP/ramping modes and you're golden
0

#36 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

  • The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 25-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Valencia, California
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:01 AM

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper
0

#37 User is offline   jim762 

  • Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 171
  • Joined: 30-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:lemoore, Ca
  • Brigade Name:jim762

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:14 AM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 06:01 PM, said:

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?


We eventually went full auto. since the speedballers were throwing so much paint, i talked to the field staff and he said go for it. we just beat them sooner. we stated throwing back walls of paint. I Think semi auto should be the only restriction. Don't restrict how much paint you can carry. Our field usually asks if any one os against full auto. If no one speaks up then we go full auto. Leave ot up to who ever is playong.

May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I won't!
Sponsored by: Urban Ops Armory
0

#38 User is offline   Jackson 

  • Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 01-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 01 December 2008 - 08:08 AM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?

Or get a double trigger for your A-5. Problem solved.

This entire thread reeks of "He didn't beat me with skill. He has better equipment, that's the only reason he won." If you can't beat them with firepower, beat them with tactics and accuracy. If you can't beat them with tactics and accuracy, then they are a better player than you.
0

#39 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

  • The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 25-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Valencia, California
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:02 PM

View PostJackson, on Dec 1 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?

Or get a double trigger for your A-5. Problem solved.

This entire thread reeks of "He didn't beat me with skill. He has better equipment, that's the only reason he won." If you can't beat them with firepower, beat them with tactics and accuracy. If you can't beat them with tactics and accuracy, then they are a better player than you.


Have you ever fired an A5 with a double trigger? Compared to an electro with a double trigger? There is a difference. I'm not saying that we lost every game. I just found that sitting there throwing a wall of paint tends to be lazy. We want skill vs skill, not skill vs ropes of paint. I wish everyone's A5 had an egrip so the double trigger MIGHT help level the field, but Speedball markers are mostly electro already with minimal trigger pull.
Seriously, let the speedballers have their electro triggers and hoppers since they rely on ROF instead of skill. Just let the Tippmann's have their Egrips. No SEMI-AUTO rule.
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper
0

#40 User is offline   Pandemonium 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,077
  • Joined: 25-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:08 PM

View Postghost93, on Nov 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

How about a flat 15bps max ROF? Stopping people from using a better gun is dumb IMO. Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?

.
0

#41 User is offline   The Dirty Samurai 

  • The Finger Of God
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 318
  • Joined: 25-July 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Valencia, California
  • Brigade Name:The Dirty Samurai

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:13 PM

View PostPandemonium, on Dec 1 2008, 02:08 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on Nov 20 2008, 06:37 PM, said:

How about a flat 15bps max ROF? Stopping people from using a better gun is dumb IMO. Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?

.


Figures that a speedball player would repost this. LOL
ROF Cap is fine...but for both sides.

Q:Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?
A: Um...were you there? Don't think so. Just admit that you being biased for speedballers. Just wamnt it level
Special Ops Feedback: http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...showtopic=52171
PB Nation Feedback: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1547443
The L.O.S.T. Boys(League Of Scenario Tippmanns): http://tobewired.com/reaper
0

#42 User is offline   Pandemonium 

  • Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,077
  • Joined: 25-February 07
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Pandemonium

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:23 PM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

View PostJackson, on Dec 1 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?

Or get a double trigger for your A-5. Problem solved.

This entire thread reeks of "He didn't beat me with skill. He has better equipment, that's the only reason he won." If you can't beat them with firepower, beat them with tactics and accuracy. If you can't beat them with tactics and accuracy, then they are a better player than you.


Have you ever fired an A5 with a double trigger? Compared to an electro with a double trigger? There is a difference. I'm not saying that we lost every game. I just found that sitting there throwing a wall of paint tends to be lazy. We want skill vs skill, not skill vs ropes of paint. I wish everyone's A5 had an egrip so the double trigger MIGHT help level the field, but Speedball markers are mostly electro already with minimal trigger pull.
Seriously, let the speedballers have their electro triggers and hoppers since they rely on ROF instead of skill. Just let the Tippmann's have their Egrips. No SEMI-AUTO rule.

Wow....seriously dude, do you even play paintball? That post just made me incredibly angry. Have you ever played speedball? You might have a little more respect for speedballers if you played a game with them. From what I have learned from playing paintball, speedballers (at least the generaly experienced ones) do not rely on a high ROF to play well. Give a professional player a pump...and they will beat you. Hands down. You seem to have a grudge against us because you cant or havent beaten us. Suit yourself. Speedballers in general play much more aggressively and faster then the average woodsballer. Learn to cope with that if you want to beat us. But don't blame it on the fact that someone is shooting lots of paint at you. Man up and find a way to beat them for gods sake. If they beat you, they most likely have more skill then you do. Live with, don't make excuses. People like you strengthen the rift between woodsball and speedball. That's just pathetic.
0

#43 User is offline   Jackson 

  • Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,947
  • Joined: 01-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Pittsburgh, PA
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:43 PM

View PostPandemonium, on Dec 1 2008, 03:23 PM, said:

Wow....seriously dude, do you even play paintball? That post just made me incredibly angry. Have you ever played speedball? You might have a little more respect for speedballers if you played a game with them. From what I have learned from playing paintball, speedballers (at least the generaly experienced ones) do not rely on a high ROF to play well. Give a professional player a pump...and they will beat you. Hands down. You seem to have a grudge against us because you cant or havent beaten us. Suit yourself. Speedballers in general play much more aggressively and faster then the average woodsballer. Learn to cope with that if you want to beat us. But don't blame it on the fact that someone is shooting lots of paint at you. Man up and find a way to beat them for gods sake. If they beat you, they most likely have more skill then you do. Live with, don't make excuses. People like you strengthen the rift between woodsball and speedball. That's just pathetic.


I was going to respond with something similar, but maybe a little less harsh...


Walking a trigger is a skill. I can't do it, my fingers are slow. Allowing a certain group of players to use a skill-less firing mode (full auto) is even less fair than semi-auto only for everyone. And then dividing markers into "woodsball" and "speedball"... I bet you think along these lines: "The woods guns are good for range, and the airball guns are for speed." There is no difference between "woodsball" guns and "speedball" guns. They fire a .68 caliber paint-filled ball at 300fps. These just look cosmetically different and have different valves. They are PAINTBALL guns, used for playing PAINTBALL. Pandemonium is right, you are the kind of person that creates the rift between speedballers and woodsballers. As for me, I play paintball, mainly in the woods, but not "woodsball" or whatever you call it. It's all paintball.

You say you want skill vs skill, then you want to take away the skill of walking a trigger and allow full-auto. But only for some people, not all. Hypocrite much?

ghost93 said it well:

Quote

How about a flat 15bps max ROF? Stopping people from using a better gun is dumb IMO. Why don't you just admit they won because they are a better team, and not because of their high ROF?

Are you such a sore loser that admitting you got beat by a better player is so hard for you to do? Why does it automatically have to be because they can shoot faster? Blaming the equipment for a lack of skill. That's all you are doing.

And please call me a speedballer, I'd love to hear it. It would make me LOL so hard.
0

#44 User is offline   Sticky Bandit 

  • You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread Man
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 112
  • Joined: 28-September 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Shadows

Posted 01 December 2008 - 01:59 PM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 01:02 PM, said:

View PostJackson, on Dec 1 2008, 09:08 AM, said:

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 04:01 AM, said:

So when a speedballer with a trigger set to semi-auto(but can still double tap his trigger) at 15-20 bps with an electro hopper vs a Woodsball Tippmann w/ Egrip set at semi-auto with a single trigger is fair?
Some of us took out a lot of those guys and did well. We had to work harder for it, with one pull, one round firing. The speedballers can just sit there and throw a rope of paint by double tapping their double triggers. If we "woodsballer" could go full auto or turbo on our A5's then that'll level the field. Then the "speedballers" would have to work a bit more, and the "woodsballers" would be able to lay down more cover to move. How would that sound?

Or get a double trigger for your A-5. Problem solved.

This entire thread reeks of "He didn't beat me with skill. He has better equipment, that's the only reason he won." If you can't beat them with firepower, beat them with tactics and accuracy. If you can't beat them with tactics and accuracy, then they are a better player than you.


Have you ever fired an A5 with a double trigger? Compared to an electro with a double trigger? There is a difference. I'm not saying that we lost every game. I just found that sitting there throwing a wall of paint tends to be lazy. We want skill vs skill, not skill vs ropes of paint. I wish everyone's A5 had an egrip so the double trigger MIGHT help level the field, but Speedball markers are mostly electro already with minimal trigger pull.
Seriously, let the speedballers have their electro triggers and hoppers since they rely on ROF instead of skill. Just let the Tippmann's have their Egrips. No SEMI-AUTO rule.

Quit sippin on that haterade son and pick up those skills.
0

#45 User is offline   Ecellg 

  • Landing gear 25' from plane.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 511
  • Joined: 03-May 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:ecellg

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:21 PM

View PostThe Dirty Samurai, on Dec 1 2008, 03:02 PM, said:

Have you ever fired an A5 with a double trigger? Compared to an electro with a double trigger? There is a difference. I'm not saying that we lost every game. I just found that sitting there throwing a wall of paint tends to be lazy. We want skill vs skill, not skill vs ropes of paint. I wish everyone's A5 had an egrip so the double trigger MIGHT help level the field, but Speedball markers are mostly electro already with minimal trigger pull.
Seriously, let the speedballers have their electro triggers and hoppers since they rely on ROF instead of skill. Just let the Tippmann's have their Egrips. No SEMI-AUTO rule.

Two words: Stock Class

If they can get it done against mechs and "speedball guns", you can learn.
FULDA GAP 2009
Serving In The:
U.S. 3rd Mechanized Infantry Division/3rd Brigade 3-22 Infantry
NATO WILL Be Victorious This Next Year
0

Share this topic:


  • (9 Pages)
  • +
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users