• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

A5 vs. X7 views on which is better Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   stinkfingr 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

a5 unless you just wanna be LOUD and proud ... they are a lot of fun to shoot off in an indoor field that is basically one big echo chamber ... but either gun will scare small animals and little children poopless ... lololol ... especially dry fired

#17 User is offline   KILLER TRENT 

• You show me an inch, and I'll show you the deadbox.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:snipa trent

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:11 PM

View PostThalion, on Nov 11 2008, 09:32 AM, said:

Might I inquire what the problem with the BT-4 is?

I mention this only because the A5 and X7 are more or less the same internals (function on the same principle, but may not be exactly interchangable) as the BT-4, but made with less quality parts.

For the same cost, you could get something far better. If you're dead-set on one or the other, get the A5. The X7 is the A5 with a higher price tag and some extra rails.

I really don't enjoy using the BT much and it chops ALOT of paint. I have to squeegy it almost every hopper full of paint and it doesn't shoot straight worth crap. Me and about 6 other guys bought the BT when it first came out and I'm the last of the group to still be using it. I don't know if this is the case with every BT gun but it is with mine.

#18 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:43 PM

To put it bluntly they are the exact same, and both are pieces of crap. The X7 is an A5 with a body kit and some useless stuff bolted on. The A5 and X7 are both inefficient mechanical blowbacks, and use the exact same design that Tippmanns been using for years. Both are a clamshell design that makes routine maintenence way harder than it should be. There are so many other things I could say about them but I don't really have time.

#19 User is offline   sgt.crazy shooter 

• 2nd coat
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. elf

Posted 12 November 2008 - 06:40 AM

get an a-5 if ur playing sniper less chance of getting hit in the gun

#20 User is offline   AaronC 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:17 AM

View PostKILLER TRENT, on Nov 11 2008, 10:11 PM, said:

I really don't enjoy using the BT much and it chops ALOT of paint. I have to squeegy it almost every hopper full of paint and it doesn't shoot straight worth crap. Me and about 6 other guys bought the BT when it first came out and I'm the last of the group to still be using it. I don't know if this is the case with every BT gun but it is with mine.

Chopping paint and terrible accuracy doesn't have anything to do with your marker that is operator error if ever I saw it.

#21 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:50 AM

Yea, markers don't chop paint. They can chop paint, but no markers made have a specific chopping problem. If the broken paint is in your breech it either means you are using too old/fragile paint, or you're shooting too quickly for your loader to keep up. If the paint is in your barrel it could also mean you are using paint that is too old/fragile or that the paint you are using has swollen too large for your barrel.

Paint issues are a common problem when the seasons change and it gets cold out. It starts getting cold out and the paintballs start getting brittle.

Most all paintball markers are equally accurate as well. With a clean smooth barrel, consistent air source, and fresh paint all paintball markers shoot pretty similarly. There aren't really any special tricks despite what manufacturers advertise.

An A-5 or X-7 will be no more gentle on paint, and no more accurate, and no more consistent than what you currently have.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#22 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

Well I've own an A-5 for 5 years and still love just as much as when I got it (A-5a2 from SO). Have never really been crazy about the X-7's. It's cool that you can put all the different feture but almost all don't do anything. I guess the same goes for the A-5 but it's been out longer so there are more useful modes than what the X-7 has. Like other people have said though, don't limit your-self to just buying one of those two. Even though I love my tippmann I don't deny that you could buy a much better gun for the same money, it just so happens that my A-5 just fits me better than other guns.

On a slightly unrelated note, has something happened to Tippmann the past 1 1/2 - 2 years? I knid-of lost contact with recent paintball news. I heard something about their manufacturing mving to China. It just seems like most everyone hates tippmanns now. Maybe it's just a general shift in opinion but even SO custom A-5 inventory has been cut down to JUST the A-5a2. Anyways, if anything big did happen, would someone let me know?

~Stone

This post has been edited by Stonewall: 14 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users