QLoader-Midwest Player Rep.

Proud to be a Christian!!!

#2 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:38 PM

Have you been to one of these? I guess the free entry offsets the cost of gas to get down there!

I might see what is happening. I would like to go to this park, haven't been before.

Is it a big paint throwing fest? Or is it more strategic? I never buy a whole case for open play, but I might bring my 98 (I usually play pump) and see if I can shoot a whole case.

#3 User is offline   Kheph 

• Mackenzie's Dad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kheph

Posted 26 October 2008 - 08:48 AM

View Postslowerpig81, on Oct 25 2008, 12:38 AM, said:

Have you been to one of these? I guess the free entry offsets the cost of gas to get down there!

I might see what is happening. I would like to go to this park, haven't been before.

Is it a big paint throwing fest? Or is it more strategic? I never buy a whole case for open play, but I might bring my 98 (I usually play pump) and see if I can shoot a whole case.

I haven't been to this event...but I have been there for their Scenario Events....IT'S A GREAT FIELD!!!! During Scenario...it's very tactical and strategic. Very Large field with lots of room for maneuvering so you really have to stay on your toes when you are attacking or defending a base. From what I gather, they are going to split everyone up into two teams and at certain times throughout the day a different base will be the objective and one side will defend and one will attack...each team will have an opportunity throughout the day to try and successfully attack and defend each base.

This game is not set up like their normal scenarios...it's a player appreciation day so there won't be missions and all of that...but it should still be a great time..

Check out some videos from past events:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m3qoEIc2lIM
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0W_icWzcj-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtWWP_XvHFk...feature=related
Khephren

#4 User is offline   fastlearner 

• Are you Ready?
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:fastlearner

Posted 26 October 2008 - 07:40 PM

View Postslowerpig81, on Oct 24 2008, 10:38 PM, said:

This game and spring fling are great familiarization games. The teams are very relaxed. You can use these games to see how to best attack or defend the objectives for the bigger games Smakman hosts.

The OES and FFO games are very intense and its a 360* tactical environment. Think of it as Halo 2 "Territories" in addition regular to missions aspects.

This post has been edited by fastlearner: 26 October 2008 - 07:43 PM

Play Safe, Play Fair, Play hard

"The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life." Teddy Roosevelt

#5 User is offline   Kheph 

• Mackenzie's Dad
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Kheph

Posted 27 October 2008 - 09:42 AM

Just so you guys know....SMAKZONE is only about 2hrs from St. Louis/St. Charles area......Take 55south to Hwy 67 and head toward Poplar Bluff... Go 81.9 miles to HWY 34 (to Piedmont) just north of Greenville....Smakzone is just a couple miles down 34 on the right...

It's an easy drive..goes by faster than it seems and the gas prices down there are very cheap... REGARDLESS....it's well worth it just to get a chance to play at the Field.....Mark and the Crew out there are the best.
Khephren

#6 User is offline   sgt.crazy shooter 

• 2nd coat
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:sgt. elf

Posted 27 October 2008 - 12:20 PM

i might be going depends anyone else on the team im on is going or not

#7 User is offline   DEVILS REJECT 

• Devils Reject
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:DEVILS REJECT

Posted 27 October 2008 - 01:12 PM

I have been to this field, and must admit that it was nice, though both teams fought so hard that neither got to see the other side of the field.

slowerpig81; I played at Wyandotte, OK. the DDay Bunker in December for a game. My 98C did excellent in winter play when nearly all others quickly failed or froze when the temp was 19 degrees. Eventually though, even though these guns are "bulletproof", both my rings froze and of course became caught in the bolt action and mangled themselves. From my experience, bring extra rings, a heated vehicle and extra socks for your feet and air tanks! I also put handwarmers that you buy at the convenience store in my gloves which got them working, then switch them out to my socked airtank/nozzle and back. Even wearing winter footwear, the foot of snow helped me to go through four pairs of socks in a couple hours.
Hint: in winter play, look for the steam....

This post has been edited by DEVILS REJECT: 27 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

Devils Reject aka Original Ghost Sniper aka Hologram Man aka Where the HECK Did That Come From? aka Two Ball Ghost Killer aka The Legend aka Dr. Satan aka Eoghan the Great aka Mr. Nine Faces. CRAZY GOOD TACTICAL PAINTBALL TEAM

#8 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JMSIONA

Posted 27 October 2008 - 07:54 PM

yea i played at smakzone in early 2008, its a pretty sweet field, i really liked it! Bit of a drive from where i live, but it was a great time.

Its our last event scheduled for 2008 but i wanna be sure there will be at least a few people going so its not just like my team plus 10 people

#9 User is offline   sgt.crazy shooter 

• 2nd coat
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:05 PM

i hope we go i want have two tournys under my belt before 2009

#10 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:11 PM

yea im fine with going if theres a nice turn out.

we would definately have to sleep in a hotel though.. and then you would finally be able to experience the legendary farmington days inn lol

#11 User is offline   sgt.crazy shooter 

• 2nd coat
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:12 PM

what happen there?

#12 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:16 PM

you dont remember us talking about it? the beds were harder than the floor man lol

#13 User is offline   sgt.crazy shooter 

• 2nd coat
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 October 2008 - 08:17 PM

now i remember

#14 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 05 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

If it's that cold, I don't really know. Ill bring my Pro/Carbine, It's also very reliable. I might have to put grav feed on the 98 if the cyclone starts blending. It is stock, no soft paddles. I'd rather use the 98 since it has anti chop, and the P/C doesn't. I have a HPA tank. I might get a siphon on my 20 oz, just to use liquid CO2 in the P/C just for the awesome co2 cloud. I'm always really fascinated by aerosols and how they behave (eg smoke, steam etc). I dont really know, it's supposed to be as consistent as HPA if it's cold enough, according to Doc.

This post has been edited by slowerpig81: 05 November 2008 - 06:31 PM

#15 User is offline   jmsiona 

• my milkshake
  • PipPipPip

Posted 05 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

yea get some squishy paddles and they should do well with the paint when its brittle.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users