• You cannot reply to this topic

.43 vs .68 not sure about a few things.. Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:04 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 21 2008, 08:07 AM, said:

Are you talking about those Predator PR1000 markers? Those are .50.

The reason everyone is bringing up RAP4 is because they are the only company that makes .43 markers. Real paintball companies use .68 (with some minor variations). RAP4, as I understand, started with L.E. training and branched into paintball. We won't discuss the number of horror stories heard about the marker quality.....

.43 is fine IF you can find it readily available, and have a marker that can actually use it, especially for close quarters as it won't have the same amount of sting. The reliability at longer distances has been covered already.

Actually there is: RAM which is basically the same as the RAP4 guns but of a higher quality and much less issues of the RAP4.

#17 User is offline   Iron Eagle 

• Emotionally Exhausted & Morally Bankrupt
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Angry Badger

Posted 21 October 2008 - 03:09 PM

This is why .43 caliber paintball is inferior to a .68 caliber paintball

1. Accuracy will suffer. A .43 projectile will be affected by wind and gravity much more than a .68 caliber projectile.
2. I don't think you would be able to buy any other barrel than the ones that are included with the marker.
3. I have never heard of a field that will allow or supply this paint. If you run out in the middle of the game, or the field has the Field Paint Only policy, your gun is useless.
4. RAP4 makes them.

Edit- Forgot to look at the link. Because it is magazine fed, you are severly limited in carrying capacity.

This post has been edited by Iron Eagle: 21 October 2008 - 03:11 PM

Ambassador of intelligence, deliverer of logic, mirror to the obvious

#18 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 21 October 2008 - 08:57 PM

I think I read somewhere that .43 paintballs were meant to bo fired at 350 FPS. I'm not saying I recommend you do it, as mask lenses are usually tested with .68 paint. I don't feel like doing calculations on mass and velocity, but there would be a certain higher velocity that .43 cal paint could be fired at to have the same muzzle energy as a .68 cal paintball fired at say, 300 FPS. This should, in theory make the .43 cal paint just as safe but actually fly farther due to it's equal muzzle energy but smaller ballistic profile, resulting in lower air resistance.

But really just because I say it could be ok doesn't mean you should do it.

#19 User is offline   zincage 

• Social Elitist
  • PipPip

Posted 21 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

Thanks for the tips guys.

I guess its going to be difficult to explain that, this is an entirely custom project and im not using magazines, nor will i be switching out barrels. Im making an indirect fire minigun for scenarios.

I dont think i will encounter much problem at sub 60 foot ranges. very low wind conditions around our field, as well as pretty tight quarters.

thanks for the help.
[topic="152354&h"]Looking for a PSP bundle? look no further[/topic]

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users