• You cannot reply to this topic

Ambush Squad not snipers....... Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   TOPHATBOB 

• Ghillie Suit, Tophat
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:TOPHATBOB

Posted 17 October 2008 - 08:37 PM

How about a group of 3 or 4 people hiding in ambush like a sniper, but more spread out, and with a heavy rate of fire to take down more people once the enemy has passed? Basically a normal squad dedicated to ambushing.
the best way to score "kills" in paintball: Shoot your opponent.

#2 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:07 AM

WAIT!!! I've seen this before..... but where...... AHH HAA!!!! Ok the last scenario I was at, this team of non-snipers used ambush tactics, but they didn't limit themselves to it, so they were more useful to the general in charge.

#3 User is offline   raptorbite 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:raptorbite

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:46 AM

wouldnt this just be a normal ambush?
It's definatly effective,maybe not so much if you dedicate yourselves only to ambushing,but if your only playing at scenarios that it can get many elims
I miss the old days of sword beach and such

#4 User is offline   EvilxTriumphs 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:14 PM

I do this all the time on a private field a friend of mine owns. Its alot of land and he has quite a bit of moeny so its nice but any ways. We get a ton of people to come out like 200. So each side has there own outpost like area where the commander stays and so on and theres alot of paths in it and tons of woods. In the center of it all there are a ton of bunkers and everything thats where alot of fighting happens. Besides that there are dense woods and then clearings and some fields here and there. Any ways me and a group of 5 others would go straight to the densest parts of the woods and start to work our way behind enemy lines. We would go to roads and paths and set up traps and ambushes and then once we set a trap or executed a ambush we ran back into the dense woods and would pop up here and there. We had to carry a big old radio though with a big antenia and all that to pick up the commander and his orders on a wave length no one used. We would carry that in a back that we carried others things. One guy would have it and he would run the antena out of the back pack with the radio inside it. Then he would set the thing that you talk into and hear things from connected to it on his shoulder like cops and turned it down(the name slips my mind). Like i said though we would go way back there it would take like 25 minutes to get back there stealthy and not be found. Then once back there if we didnt have any objective given to us we set up ambushes often. We would go out into fields with high grass and lay near the roads and in tree lines and ambush squads and if we could not take them all out we fell back deep into the woods again thus paranoying them and made them move slower to the front. We did alot of reconeses to just saying a new group is moving up yada. Then we would be given objectives like run to the front and start to draw men off there front line so we can luach a big attack and break the line or something of that sort. It was all very effective but it was much better when two or three squads did it instead of just one.
"Evil triumphs when good men do nothing"

"War doesn't determine whos right, Only whos left."

#5 User is offline   BigAfro07 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:BIGAFRO

Posted 27 November 2008 - 06:53 PM

sounds like a normal ambush i have to agree maybe you could train with a squad to make it more effective and more often deployed in those situations but on its own its not a position a specialty but not a position.
If you live or play in Mississippi message me

#6 User is offline   Scavies 

• DIY Extrordinaire
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Valjean

Posted 28 November 2008 - 06:48 AM

This tactic is really fun if a majority of the team does it. There is nothing more scary than when the game starts you hear no firing, and when you finally get to their base, no one is there, and you get surrounded and owned by the entire team somewhere else on the field.
FREE stock picks and market analysis by a self-taught day trader!
TradersBase.com

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users