Special Ops Paintball: a flair for the dramatic - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

a flair for the dramatic inspiring the troops, or just plain crazy Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Zzaque 

• Voce nao pode ser serio!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Zzaque

Posted 12 November 2008 - 08:08 PM

I brought my younger siblings (newbs) to a game a while back and we started the day with some games of elimination. I had one guy on my team who likes to hide and snipe. It's what he does and I knew he wouldn't change for that game. I decided to give my siblings a good first experience full of adrenaline.

As soon as the game started I ran as far up as I could get before the other team could walk (yes they were just walking) to the top of the first rise on their side of the field. I shot the first few out just as their torsos came into view. They were completely shocked and the rest jumped into a small thicket to regroup. I called my siblings up and told them to get ready. I then charged the bush firing into the brambles the whole time I was running. It almost worked because the other guys were still a little confused. I came right up to the hole in the brambles where shots could go in and come out after me. At that moment I dropped and everything fell out of sight. There was a little drainage stream and I wandered too close to the edge and fell in. It was a moment of pride and shame.

I did get a lot of complements when guys saw my little sister following my lead and doing an army crawl up to the place the other guys were bunkered down. She ended up finishing them off in her first game ever. We never saw our "sniper" the whole game. Not all my stories of ludicrousness on the field are that successful. But that one was great.
"So, I can't find any Vitamin B-12 pills . . . can't I just give him 2 Vitamin B-6's?"
-A Confused Nurse-

#17 Guest_b_soukup_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 14 November 2008 - 09:05 PM

all you got to do is remind them that there just paintballs there not going to kill you lol. :P

#18 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:18 AM

The look of a commander also has to scream hardened vet. Don't load yourself down with gear that will slow you down. Don't be affraid to wear your Brigade ranks with pride as you see some of the new guys on the team, if there playing on your team, all ways look and sound confident when giveing orders and don't be affraid to ask for opinions from your team on a plan of attack or defence plan.

Running with old school cammo like tiger stripe or woodland is also a good thing because alot of players are going digi and if a commander is still wearing cammo that other may call obsolite, but if you use it to your advantage to take out the OPFOR then you show true skill and instill confidence in your team. Never order your team to do things that you personaly won't do. As a commander, you have to be close enough to the front to have sitchuational awareness of the order of battle and be ready to jump in, or you should be on the line in the thick of the fighting because the team will respond well if the commander if in it with them. Just remember not to make yourself to obvious if there's a sniper in the area.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#19 User is offline   Asha Man 

• Some random dude behind you
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Asha Man

Posted 09 December 2008 - 09:56 PM

I have a flair for the dramatic, one time during a night scenario game I decided to go w/o gun,(I think my gun was having issues) So to inspire a group of guys to follow me I danced in front of the enemy. It was mighty funny until someone on my team thought it would be funny to shoot me in the backside :panzer:
Then I led my team through the field for an assault on the enemy base. Almost worked too. But they had a spotlight or 4.

Proud member of the chicago SaintS BP: 113

#20 User is offline   rcp_90 

• RECON!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rcp_90

Posted 29 December 2008 - 01:35 AM

I've got a bit of a "flair for the dramatic" on the field, and it certainly doesn't hurt. However, my scenario team is pretty large, and being visible (to MY guys) is thoroughly important to me, it helps with command and control. The most ridiculous episode was in ION '07. I was the beach commander for Sword, and my team and I were stuck at the foothills just at the end of the beach. There were a lot of nice guns hiding behind cover way too far back that would refuse to move forward. In utter irritation I grabbed the biggest guy on my team and we each grabbed an end on the piece of cover and walked it forward. 90% of time the guy hiding behind it would crawl along to stay safe, lol. In retrospect, that was probably a dick move, but it was hilarious. Other random pairs were doing the same thing a moment later.

Running with old school cammo like tiger stripe or woodland is also a good thing because alot of players are going digi and if a commander is still wearing cammo that other may call obsolite, but if you use it to your advantage to take out the OPFOR then you show true skill and instill confidence in your team.

I don't find this to be true. From my experience, camo helps blend you into the crowd, you look like just another brick in the wall. Although my experience is almost entirely massive scenarios, so smaller games this may be different... My own command style relies a lot on being highly visible, and then being seen always forward. It's much easier to keep track of your captain if he's wearing a red kilt... not too many of those to get mixed up with, lol. Also, useless gear makes you look powerful to the uninitiated, if that's your goal...
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

#21 User is offline   TheLeftHandofGod 

• If you die we're splitin up your gear
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Left Hand of God

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:50 PM

When i command i paint myself blue and scream like mel gibson. that tends to inspire.

Shocker Owner #2
PROTECT THIS HOUSE

#22 User is offline   platinum marksman 

• paintballer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:platinum marksman

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:31 PM

View PostTheLeftHandofGod, on Jan 2 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

When i command i paint myself blue and scream like mel gibson. that tends to inspire.

Yeah, tends to inspire the other team to yell, "SHOOT THE SMURF!!!."

Lead, and if necessary, use words.

#23 User is offline   BIGBOSS_202 

• BIGBOSS_202
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BIGBOSS_202

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

View Postrcp_90, on Dec 29 2008, 03:35 AM, said:

I've got a bit of a "flair for the dramatic" on the field, and it certainly doesn't hurt. However, my scenario team is pretty large, and being visible (to MY guys) is thoroughly important to me, it helps with command and control. The most ridiculous episode was in ION '07. I was the beach commander for Sword, and my team and I were stuck at the foothills just at the end of the beach. There were a lot of nice guns hiding behind cover way too far back that would refuse to move forward. In utter irritation I grabbed the biggest guy on my team and we each grabbed an end on the piece of cover and walked it forward. 90% of time the guy hiding behind it would crawl along to stay safe, lol. In retrospect, that was probably a dick move, but it was hilarious. Other random pairs were doing the same thing a moment later.

Running with old school cammo like tiger stripe or woodland is also a good thing because alot of players are going digi and if a commander is still wearing cammo that other may call obsolite, but if you use it to your advantage to take out the OPFOR then you show true skill and instill confidence in your team.

I don't find this to be true. From my experience, camo helps blend you into the crowd, you look like just another brick in the wall. Although my experience is almost entirely massive scenarios, so smaller games this may be different... My own command style relies a lot on being highly visible, and then being seen always forward. It's much easier to keep track of your captain if he's wearing a red kilt... not too many of those to get mixed up with, lol. Also, useless gear makes you look powerful to the uninitiated, if that's your goal...

I was refering to the fact from my experience, that if you look like a seasoned vet, others will listen, hense the so-called obsolete camo patterns like woodland and tiger stripe. It's all a matter of how you employ your camo that shows it's effectiveness.
JOIN THE WOODSBALL REVOLUTION

#24 User is offline   rcp_90 

• RECON!
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:rcp_90

Posted 08 January 2009 - 05:41 PM

I can see where you're coming from. I guess I just have an aversion of ACU pattern stuff since I have to wear that all day anyway, lol
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users