Brigade Ideas Any good ideas? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:009DBZ

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:52 AM

View Postssbcboz, on Sep 29 2008, 11:15 AM, said:

i dont know if this really part of this, but an expanded online store from would be nice; manuals, more comp air selections, all recon mags, amoung other things added would be nice. but thing things listed sounds great!

We are in the process of making the new shopping cart live and it should be live today (if all goes well). I'm not sure what changes they made, but we'll find out soon.

View Postslinkyaroo, on Sep 29 2008, 11:24 AM, said:

Is it still mandatory to put first and last name in? I'd prefer to just list my first name.

Yes, it is still mandatory. And now it's also mandatory to verify your email address. I could make it so that you can mark your name as private though. This would be kind of tough for how simple it sounds.
We decided to do this so that we can better confirm people and make things less confusing (with adding orders, verifying passwords and etc.).
DAMON GARFIELD - X BRIGADE SUPPORT - SPECIAL OPS PAINTBALL

#17 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:58 AM

What about a player ranking system similar to what the forum has? Call it the Honor system so other players can rank those they've played with on a scale of 1-10 on their honesty, integrity and game play.

Maybe a member messaging service? If I find a player in my area that isn't on the forum it'd be nice to be able to have the system email him if I would like him/her to join a game/team.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#18 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:08 AM

Blocking (ignoring) people on game locator. Some spam every weekend game and some are listed 100 miles from me but they are on the other side of the great lakes.

#19 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 11:17 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Sep 29 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

What about a player ranking system similar to what the forum has? Call it the Honor system so other players can rank those they've played with on a scale of 1-10 on their honesty, integrity and game play.

Maybe a member messaging service? If I find a player in my area that isn't on the forum it'd be nice to be able to have the system email him if I would like him/her to join a game/team.

I like that idea. It wouldn't be too hard to make it so that you could rank players. I don't know if I would want to make it so it works only if they opted into the game or not, but this will give us a good discussion.

I added something similar to what you're talking about. You can email a game to a member or whole team by entering the member or team id number in the field provide on the game.

View Postslinkyaroo, on Sep 29 2008, 12:08 PM, said:

Blocking (ignoring) people on game locator. Some spam every weekend game and some are listed 100 miles from me but they are on the other side of the great lakes.

Awsome idea. I could make it so that you can block anyone you don't want to receive game emails from and also make a filter in the search fields. This one will be a little bit trick to do, but not all that hard. It will also save me a little bit of time by reducing emails and email response time (to use the block game button lol) anything that saves me time is always a bonus.

Also I could make it so that you can block members (trouble makers) from opting into your games... thoughts, good idea bad idea?

#20 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 12:05 PM

View PostTommikka, on Sep 29 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

An improvement on the game locator for internationalisation:

Here in the UK I when using 'Games within 100 miles' I get US games listed at -4500 / -5000 miles off.

I have to go into 'LOCATE GAME' and reset the county (equivalent of state) to search proximities, or reset the country to UK to search nationaly.

I assume that the database uses a proximity system (or longitude/latitude) on ZIP codes, but would it be possible to add some locators to the international elements?

Also a possible longitude / latitude reference in the game details so that this can be used for integrating with mapping and help with giving directions to players, and if referenced in each of the locations in the brigade databases this would facilitate the distances.

I think that's a bug.

We're going to be doing a huge revamp to the Game Locator in the next few months which as far as I know will include international latitude and longitude.

#21 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 29 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

Somebody already said a report brigade members function right?

This post has been edited by Eggmoe: 29 September 2008 - 09:45 PM

#22 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 30 September 2008 - 06:40 PM

Here's an idea. Instead of removing the blank position from the brigade, make it a fill in the blank. When you log your stats under the fill in the blank position it asks for what you want to call the position. I know all the newbies in the scenario position thread would love this idea. So instead of posting your position to try and make it an actual position, you could insert your position in the fill in the blank position. Hopefully it would cut down on clutter.

#23 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:22 AM

Since your keeping each day played to 50 points, how about lowering the point values for the different ranks?

#24 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:11 PM

View PostEggmoe, on Sep 29 2008, 10:45 PM, said:

Somebody already said a report brigade members function right?

Yes, but you can already do that by sending me an email.

View PostPhobeus, on Sep 30 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

Here's an idea. Instead of removing the blank position from the brigade, make it a fill in the blank. When you log your stats under the fill in the blank position it asks for what you want to call the position. I know all the newbies in the scenario position thread would love this idea. So instead of posting your position to try and make it an actual position, you could insert your position in the fill in the blank position. Hopefully it would cut down on clutter.

I like the idea, but I would only do it with one of the spaces since the others are going to be filled with new positions.

View Postwico90, on Oct 1 2008, 10:22 AM, said:

Since your keeping each day played to 50 points, how about lowering the point values for the different ranks?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but we didn't keep the points system for play log the same. It used to be that you would get 50 points for every log. But now you only get 50 points for each day regardless of how many logs you put in one day. So it I put say 1000 logs in today, I would still only get 50 points.

#25 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:18 PM

The only difference I could see as far as points per position would be to give Refs and extra 5 points/ day of reffing. I think that something like that might encourage people to do more reffing.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#26 User is offline   wico90 

• Wico90
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WICO90/SNIPER90

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

View Post009DBZ, on Oct 1 2008, 12:11 PM, said:

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly but we didn't keep the points system for play log the same. It used to be that you would get 50 points for every log. But now you only get 50 points for each day regardless of how many logs you put in one day. So it I put say 1000 logs in today, I would still only get 50 points.

All i meant is that since you can only get 50 points a day the 6000 required to be an officer dont make sense. If it was lowered to say 4000 it would be much easier to obtain that status

#27 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:48 PM

That's only 50 points per day for the play log. There are many other ways to get points.

View PostPuzuma, on Oct 1 2008, 01:18 PM, said:

The only difference I could see as far as points per position would be to give Refs and extra 5 points/ day of reffing. I think that something like that might encourage people to do more reffing.

I like that idea a lot. It might even be good idea to give refs more like 10-20 extra points.

#28 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:52 PM

I like the idea, but I would only do it with one of the spaces since the others are going to be filled with new positions.

Say it isn't so. :o New positions!!!

I got an ideas. Once you add the new postions add another 6 empty boxes so we may drive the new members even crazier than with 3 empty boxes. :D

#29 User is offline   Puzuma 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:56 PM

Why? So it's easier to cheat to gain rank?
When you sign up for the brigade it asks you what year you started playing and gives you points yet people will still log games that took place long before the brigade was active just to get the points.

How hard would it be to add a date check? Something that would ignore games dated for before the person signed up?
Posted Image

#30 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

Not hard at all. I'll add it to my list.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users