• You cannot reply to this topic

Brigade Ideas Any good ideas? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#1 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:009DBZ

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:39 PM

As many of you may have heard the Brigade is undergoing a Revamp and is being converted from ASP to PHP. If anyone has any good ideas or would like to see something added to the Brigade, this would be the place to let us know.
Keep in mind that the less complex ideas will be more likely to get incorporated into the Brigade quickly, if we like the idea.

Thank you,

Damon.
DAMON GARFIELD - X BRIGADE SUPPORT - SPECIAL OPS PAINTBALL

#2 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:45 PM

Is it possible to get a list of things that are going to be added or changed in the revamp? Knowing that would help reduce the number of repeat ideas.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#3 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2008 - 01:54 PM

Good idea.
I'll get working on the list since there's a lot of stuff that has been added and changed...

Here's the list of new things.
*Main page now shows up to 10 Games in your area
*Delete your own Brigade account from the profile menu
*Opt out of Game Locator Emails from the Edit Personal Data page
*Image Uploader will now let you upload images with special characters without causing problems
*Added a back button to get back to your main or team page from the Image uploader
*Play Log will only give you 50 points per day regardless of how many logs you log for the day
*Team Captains may only have up to 5 Teams per Captain
*Any Team with only one member will automatically be delete after 2 month and have their points remove to keep Team Search clutter free
*The Team Captain can now edit the team from the Team Link Index page
*Teams with more then one person can upload up to 20 Images
*Team Captains can select a new Team Captain for the team
*Team Captains can delete any Team Member of their team
*The Main Team page show up to 10 people on the Team Roster
*The View All button for the Team Roster works
*You may only have 5 Games posted at any time to keep the Game Locator free of cluter
*Added a link from Game Locator Manage My Games to Create A New Game
*When viewing game you can email the game to a member of a team by putting in their MemberID and clicking Send
*The form fields in the Search page for the Game Locator have been changed from POST to GET so you can now copy the Search Results URL and send it to a friend or whoever
*If you forgot to add your Recruiter when you signed up, you can add them from the BR Recruiter menu

Here's what I'll be working on soon.
*An optional spot on your main page where people (or only people you want to) will be able to leave comments or HTML and etc. on your main page (or another page)
*I may add a Team Play Log (need to discuss it more with Travis)
*Also might add an FAQ section (need to discuss it more with Travis)
*Will be adding products that are half off
*Commendations will be added after the release (defiantly going to need Travis's help after he's done with the new cart) but we still have to have a staff meeting about them (feel free to make suggestions for Commendations)

I'm sure I may have forgot some small things or something but that covers everything I can think of for the time being.

Also if anyone see anything that may not have been a good change, feel free to speak up.

Thank you for any thoughts/feedback,

Damon.

#4 User is offline   Suicide Jockey 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Jockey

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:02 PM

I'm happy to see that the Revamp is progressing. Moving from Good to Better is always nice.

It's a safe bet that within a few hours this thread will be clogged with inquiries into the addition of new positions, the Commendations system, and the Team Link. It might also be nice to incorporate a map system into the Game Locator -- something along the lines of Google Maps. I'm just this side of illiterate when it comes to computers, and I don't know how difficult it might be to implement, but it might be a nice feature. I realize that it's easy enough to punch up Mapquest on one's own, but in our fast-paced world, who has an extra 12 seconds to spare? A map feature could also be worked into the Play Log -- sort of a "See Where I've Played" thing.

Not revolutionary, but the Brigade pretty solid as it stands.

Now, about those new positions. . . .

The Enemy's Gate is Down
φόβοςαπώλειαςσφαιρώνχρωμάτων - Apolesfairornatophobia: the terrible fear that somehow, somewhere, you're going to get shot in the mask.

#5 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 September 2008 - 02:48 PM

We've got something big and secret planned for the Game Locator and it's kind of along the lines you just stated. :rolleyes:
But the project is a really big and difficult one that will probably take a few months.

#6 User is offline   Tenacious221 

• ELITE Member, now with matching elite patch!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Tenacious221

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:04 PM

Ooooh, density map of the US, the more games in an area, the more red the area gets...after a few months that could begin to look VERY cool :unsure:

-Tenacious

#7 User is offline   bubba3 

• Im a lil bord... and my dad's a big plank :)
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bubba3

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:25 PM

Id like it if you could add a check box system(like in the PM inbox) for deleting off of your gear list. I would love to clean my gear list up but I have sold so much and bought even more that going in a deleting things one by one would take me forever.
If your parents do not buy you your gear, put this in your sig I work at a hospital cleaning for my PB gear...and save change lol
stuff for sale my myspace feedback+32/-0 my brigade Tippmann Owner #23 ha you no see me!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!

#8 User is offline   Eggmoe 

• They call me "Runs With No Pants"
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Eggmoe

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

I was thinking that big scenario games should be worth more points. What if you could select "Scenario Event" when entering a play log, then you could link it to the event website to show that it's legit. Maybe Scenario games worth 100-300 Points?

Also! Make it more interactive. Give it a friend system, comments on the page, and a rep system. That would be way cool.

This post has been edited by Eggmoe: 28 September 2008 - 07:48 PM

#9 User is offline   JackRock 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:JackRock

Posted 29 September 2008 - 07:02 AM

1. Remove the extra "blank" position tiles
2. Ensure the ability to delete oneself from a team
This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must type my sig true. I must spell better than my enemy who is trying to judge me. I must type before he ridicules me. I WILL... My sig and I know that what counts in this forum is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, nor the splatter we make. We know that it is the hits that count. WE WILL HIT... Before the Admins, I swear this creed. My sig and myself are the defenders of my forum. We are the masters of our enemy. WE ARE THE SAVIORS OF MY PROFILE. - Tippmann Owner #pi

#10 User is offline   ssbcboz 

• Broken Arrow
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:ssbcboz

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:15 AM

i dont know if this really part of this, but an expanded online store from would be nice; manuals, more comp air selections, all recon mags, amoung other things added would be nice. but thing things listed sounds great!
hey, how u doinnnnn? <a href="http://www.specialopspaintball.com/brigade/member_view.asp?id=15290" target="_blank">brigade page</a> Broken Arrow past member

#11 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:24 AM

Is it still mandatory to put first and last name in? I'd prefer to just list my first name.

#12 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:36 AM

View PostTenacious221, on Sep 26 2008, 05:04 PM, said:

Ooooh, density map of the US, the more games in an area, the more red the area gets...after a few months that could begin to look VERY cool :happy:

-Tenacious

Great idea!

View Postbubba3, on Sep 26 2008, 09:25 PM, said:

Id like it if you could add a check box system(like in the PM inbox) for deleting off of your gear list. I would love to clean my gear list up but I have sold so much and bought even more that going in a deleting things one by one would take me forever.

I like it and it would be too hard to do. I could also add it to the Image Uploader and some other stuff.

#13 User is offline   Tommikka 

• Tom
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:tommikka

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:40 AM

An improvement on the game locator for internationalisation:

Here in the UK I when using 'Games within 100 miles' I get US games listed at -4500 / -5000 miles off.

I have to go into 'LOCATE GAME' and reset the county (equivalent of state) to search proximities, or reset the country to UK to search nationaly.

I assume that the database uses a proximity system (or longitude/latitude) on ZIP codes, but would it be possible to add some locators to the international elements?

Also a possible longitude / latitude reference in the game details so that this can be used for integrating with mapping and help with giving directions to players, and if referenced in each of the locations in the brigade databases this would facilitate the distances.

#14 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:42 AM

View PostEggmoe, on Sep 28 2008, 08:45 PM, said:

I was thinking that big scenario games should be worth more points. What if you could select "Scenario Event" when entering a play log, then you could link it to the event website to show that it's legit. Maybe Scenario games worth 100-300 Points?

Also! Make it more interactive. Give it a friend system, comments on the page, and a rep system. That would be way cool.

I don't think we're going to change the Play Log point system but I like the idea about friends being able to comment on games and it wouldn't be too hard to do.

#15 User is offline   009DBZ 

• 009DBZ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 29 September 2008 - 10:46 AM

View PostJackRock, on Sep 29 2008, 08:02 AM, said:

1. Remove the extra "blank" position tiles
2. Ensure the ability to delete oneself from a team

I'm all for removing the blank tiles, but those will be filled with new positions very soon.

Also you can already delete yourself from the team just by clicking delete team. I guess I could change that to delete yourself or something and that would make it more obvious unless you're the team captain, then I'll just keep so it says delete team.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users