Special Ops Paintball: Public service announcement... check for ticks! - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Public service announcement... check for ticks!

#16 User is offline   ag09 

• Pro Rec Baller
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:AG09

Posted 20 September 2008 - 09:02 PM

Matches are weak. Make some napalm or something.

I two at D-day 2008. One when I was an idiot. Went through this grass stuff wearing shorts <-Dumb. Second one I found on me was once I was back at my apartment taking a shower. It was on my stomach, weird. Anyhow, I just used the tweezers from the standard swiss army knife.

This post has been edited by ag09: 20 September 2008 - 09:05 PM

Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle. Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war! - Patton
Texas Legion - Central Texas

#17 User is offline   scurvy 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:SCURVY

Posted 20 September 2008 - 10:15 PM

FYI, if you pull the tick off after it has been there for awhile, you might not want to destroy it. Seal it up in transparent tape and then you can take it to the doc if you get Lyme symptoms later. Not nearly as satisfying as torching it, I know.
AMAT VICTORIA CURAM

#18 User is offline   Zamamee 

• something witty
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Zamamee

Posted 21 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

I'm an avid hunter and outdoorsman so I don't even want to know how many ticks I've had on me, let alone the number I've pulled off my dogs. All I know is my record for one weekend was over 30 on me.

Anyway, my method of taking ticks off once they've bitten on is gripping their head with either my fingernails or tweezers and pulling them off. I make sure that the tick actually has some of my skin in its mouth still (just pretty much a flake of skin, nothing I'll miss). That way I know that its head isn't still on me.

They've all been wood ticks though and I've never had even a close brush with any sort of disease. Either I'm lucky or my immune system is amazing.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users