Special Ops Paintball: painting a J&J barrel - Special Ops Paintball

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

painting a J&J barrel will paper inside work with all the porting? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   newbz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Newbz

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:20 PM

topic says it all, is paper inside enough to keep the paint out with all the porting ?

thanks!

#2 User is offline   Maj Tom 

• This is the funvee. Not the humdrumvee
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Brigade Name:Maj Tom

Posted 18 September 2008 - 12:53 PM

You may want to stick a swab or bunches of paper towels under the paper to hold it tight against the porting.

#3 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 18 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

I'd use a dowel wrapped in foam or paper towels to make a really tight fit, pehaps even plug the holes with toothpicks or something similar. When you're finished, you should thoroughly inspect the inside and clean it several times- the last thing you want is paint to get in the holes or barrel ('course paint in the holes/barrel might turn it into a cheap apex/flatline... NAAAHHHHH !!!! :happy: ) What paint are you using- regular spray enamel or duracoat?

This post has been edited by Violator: 18 September 2008 - 10:06 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#4 User is offline   newbz 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Newbz

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

i have some left over enamel i used on a my road and triathlon bikes from last season, that baked and matte clearcoated on works great.

View PostViolator, on Sep 19 2008, 12:39 AM, said:

I'd use a dowel wrapped in foam or paper towels to make a really tight fit, pehaps even plug the holes with toothpicks or something similar. When you're finished, you should thoroughly inspect the inside and clean it several times- the last thing you want is paint to get in the holes or barrel ('course paint in the holes/barrel might turn it into a cheap apex/flatline... NAAAHHHHH !!!! :wacko: ) What paint are you using- regular spray enamel or duracoat?

#5 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 19 September 2008 - 02:19 PM

That should work pretty well- won't be as durable as Duracoat, but it does hold up pretty well, especially w. clearcoat on top for xtra protection. Just make sure you take the precautions we mentioned above to keep the barrel squeaky clean. Post us a pic when you're done- love to see how it looks.

- V

This post has been edited by Violator: 19 September 2008 - 02:46 PM

This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users