• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:42 PM

Just for you Justin....

Attached File(s)

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#947 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 18 September 2009 - 05:39 PM

matt, i plan on being down in coolville before 10 on sunday, maybe andrew will show if hes not too scared of the karnivore
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#948 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 September 2009 - 06:47 PM

Be afraid. Be very very afraid. The Karnivore will dominate all foes and Andrew is no match for the Autorooster!!

I will be in Hubbard playing in the Band of Brothers scenario game. Will post details Saturday night.

Andrew and his army of cows will take on the Cottageville players. Go milk!!

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#949 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

Sure Chris, I am scared. Is that what will make you happy? You are the paintball god, and I am worthless. Can all the $#*&-talk stop now? I'm quite sick of it on all ends. I'm just here to play paintball. Leave me the hell alone.

This post has been edited by AsphyxiateHeart: 18 September 2009 - 08:07 PM

It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#950 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:12 PM

Sarcasm for ftw!

#951 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

PS....the man with the golden gun is coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plans fell through for VA (long story) but congrats to you all, cause now you can witness the greatness. And by that I mean, sprinting ahead, getting too far forward, and always being the first with paint on his lenses. Or it'll be an MVP day, who knows????

Still working on details of course, but maybe coming up with Forest...Or alone leaving town at a disgruntling 4pm after many unsuccessful wake-up calls.

Can't wait to play alongside all u guys- it should be a blast. I'm hoping to sell some baked goods so this trip doesn't put me in the poor house, so bring your quarters :wacko:

#952 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

I do not like nuts in my brownies and definatly no raisins in the oatmeal cookies! Oh, the chocolate chip cookies need to be soft and not over cooked! No hard candy on the cup cakes as well and please no fruit involved in anything!

#953 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 20 September 2009 - 12:01 AM

well boys, the karni will be up and running down in coolville tomorrow, matt, didnt know if youre still going down, we plan on getting there before 10 dude. whos coming out for lukes game oct 10th, the dreaded cousin chucky is suppose to be there for all to witness his power.

whos ready for michigan
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#954 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 04:37 AM

I believe Mathew, Andrew and a friend or two might join you today Chris. I'm ready for Michigan!!

I played up at Battlefront Paintball, my favorite public field in all of Ohio, as a gear up for the Michigan trip. Here are some vid's. The first one is from yesterday and the second one is from when Scoob and I went last spring. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=m_JQBeNaXy8

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HHEXzjF-FDA

This is from their summer scenario which I missed...cry. But you can see the fallen tree (1st vid) where yesterday I sprung my succesful ambush on the unaware American paratroopers!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CZqybkdqEqE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pyq9k-SzOEs...feature=related

So yesterday I had a blast (Bob Long All-Star Techs...sorry I had to get that plug in!) at the Band of Brothers scenario game put on by First-Strike. They did an excellent job in producing and reffing this event. With about 300 players (final numbers are not in yet) they had their hands full and came out smelling like roses. I have never seen the medic role applied so successfuly and the location of re-insertion points along with re-insertion every 15 minutes and new missions given to the team generals every 20 minutes or so created a very fun day indeed! I paid $101.00 for registration, Diablo Heat, all day air, an id tag (silly spies!) and a patch. So not bad at all! Now I did end up getting an extra case of paint (surprise!). Everyone knows I like to shoot and on the plus side I was racking up some amazing numbers as a result. :happy:

Stories...hhmm. Well, I'm just going to share three:

1st: Justin you might find this interesting. I was in a re-insertion point (netted safe zone) and a Auto-Mag lover gave me ups for my Bob Long! I told him I was over my Tippmann luv fest and he spit back a similar story. He enjoyed having a consistant and accurate marker and that the Auto-Mag has never failed him but he had horror stories from his flirtation with Tippmans. We both agreed Tipps have their ups and downs and we were both very satisfied with our non-Tipps!

2nd: A few mates and I engaged enemy U.S. paratroopes across the creek and firing through heavy bush we had to expend some amo (cough cough). Well we got an "out" and some verbal abuse. Two minutes later we saw movement again and we again shot one or two rounds into the heavy bushes. This time we got verbal abuse (a lot of it) and return fire! So we lit him up again...lets just say a ref had to pull this player off the field.

3rd: Part 1:I had a big tree. I had a U.S. patrol heading my way down an open path. I was alone. They were about 15 feet from me. I sprung my trap....and only one ball came out!! Part 2: Me and some mates were given a sweeping and clearing mission. About 40 minutes into the mission (we fought our way to the U.S. back insertion point) I found myself all alone. :wacko: I decided to follow the next enemy re-insertion and shoot them all! I waited. I followed. I mowed down the group of 4 highschool kids. I followed a few more, lined up my shot and nothing... :unsure:

Relavance: The 1st story is to strengthen our anti-Tipp rehtoric as we get ready to battle the Empire of Tippy!! Disclaimer: I still luv my A-5! The 2nd story reminded me of a certain someone (enough said). The final story is a hard lesson and reminder to all who's paintballing lives and dies with batteries to change the batteries in your loader and your marker prior to all big scenario events!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend and "no" I will not be going to Lukes game on the 10th as it is my grandmothers b-day party.

Frodo out :panzer:

This post has been edited by Frodo: 20 September 2009 - 04:40 AM

#955 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:16 AM

I think ill be out around noon, but if I'm early I'll look for ya. First time with the blow up toys....kinda excited

#956 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 05:23 AM

Part 3-1 sounds like another guy I know, who, when using a Tippmann at certain scenerio games would often find himself consistant for only about the first trigger pull. But sometimes that was just a friendly puff of air too.

Alas, I've seen the light!

Interesting phenomenon, this in and out group stuff. Something as simple as making distinctions, drawing a line in the sand brings "us" closer and more antagonistic towards "them". While many of us still love our tippys....

Said the sociologist

#957 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 20 September 2009 - 10:08 PM

So...Mathew, Chris, and I had a fun day playing speedball...If you would like to see some pictures of it, here's a link...Thanks to Brittany for taking photos.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2371...mp;l=0607629c46

As for Michigan I'm excited! It looks like we'll have a crew of ten including...

Mathew
Forest
Wraith
Frodo
Me?
Chris
Tyler
Matt
JP
James

...This is looking to be an exciting time!

All of us up there it should be a straight up blast!...Maybe there will be some vendors up there with a lot of cool new gear too! Maybe I'll get to see an EGO 10...(drools)...Though I doubt it...This is small time for Planet Eclipse...But hopefully I'll see one...Maybe a DYE NT...or any other new gear. Excitement!

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#958 User is offline   Vyo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Vyo

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:41 AM

trying to find the gear I need to pack as I type this.. and do a final pressure check on the gun.. and backup... and trying to figure our travel iteneraries since I've gone and volunteered to drive for this motley crew...

as I ask my my team all the time before an event.. "is it time to leave yet?"

*** well.. my AKA Viking is ready to rock and roll. now to get the rest of the gear ready :) ***

This post has been edited by Vyo: 21 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

#959 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:12 AM

James. All you really need are toiletries and the clothes on your back...However I get special privelages because I am a student and I will bring lots of books and my laptop and TONS of gear...

#960 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:16 AM

View PostVyo, on Sep 21 2009, 08:41 AM, said:

trying to find the gear I need to pack as I type this.. and do a final pressure check on the gun.. and backup... and trying to figure our travel iteneraries since I've gone and volunteered to drive for this motley crew...

as I ask my my team all the time before an event.. "is it time to leave yet?"

Thanks a lot for helping out with the Driving Vyo!! I'm sure Justin could use a break from his constant Northward jaunts! 5 more days...

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users