• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#916 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Another amazing day for the Athens/Glouster boys! While our start may have been a little slow, and our numbers a little off (dang non-committals), it was still quite a blast. The man with the golden gun had a good day with his new town, and all new technology worked without a hitch. Probably never got up to 25 BPS, but when you're sneaking up behind an unsuspecting Frodo, there isn't a huge rush. Nikki and her man, Adam, made a late appearance and seemed to be a good asset to the red team, who had just lot some helpful fire power.

And some bad news...I'm out for MI. :(

Prior plans for VA are a go, which should still be a sweet weekend for me down at the pits in VA. However, I'll greatly miss the camaraderie, laughs, and getting to fight as a whole squad again against the evils of Tippmann. When's the next Hells game? Let's put it on calendars.....I'm there!!!

The man with the golden gun out! and passing out...

#917 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

Mathew it will be very sad that you won't be making Michigan as I greatly enjoy working alongside you. Then again, maybe Frodo and I will work alongside each other once more...Though the one chance we got this weekend we didn't really take it serious as we talked a lot, ran toward the same tree, shot around for the fun of it...But oh well...Seems to be sadly that Oscar is not gonna make it to Mich...Very disheartening indeed...But that means more room in the caravan right?...So let's fill it! Let's call all of our friends and harass them till they commit and don't show up at the last minute...(I'm not bitter)...Class is starting gotta go.
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#918 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:26 AM

Mathew again took the MVP trophy for the day out at Forest's. His 'Golden Gun' was not that shiny (think metallic dust gold) and blended in very well with the leafs and so on. Not to mention it served him well as it shot consistently, efficiently and accurately. He did get me from behind as I flanked the entire enemy, almost got shot by a teammate, almost shot said teammate and than engaged the SP8 armed Forest only to receive fire from the 'Man with the Golden Gun' and I took a hit in my mask and thus left the field with (literally) a bad taste in my mouth.

Forest has a new baby everyone! It's a healthy, slightly heavy and ferocious SP8! It is very quiet (compared to an A-5) and shoots a lot of paint (about 20bps) and looks like a SCAR. Andrew found her on Ohiopbx.com and after I looked at it we both were in agreement that this was the "one" for Forest. I think we created a deer hunting paintball slinging monster!

Andrew and I did work TOGETHER for once and it was a fun romp through the paintball playground as we vanquished several bushes, we made funny faces at each-other and used obscure sign language, I painted an entire tree marble green and we took out the broken marker wielding Wraith. Wow, did we ROCK!! :wacko:

Even though the day could have been better, as we had several 'no shows', we did have 5 vs 5 most of the day and later on had a few games of 6 vs 6. So minus the slow start it did turn into a good paintball slinging day:D

Frodo out :blink:

Btw, My nemesis once again got me with the 'Frodo Slayer' as his ambush turned into a hobbit meat grinder...boy did I walk into that one! :rolleyes:
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#919 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

Oh dear yes, Forest is very vicious now...I'd watch out, as he's going to be even harder to hear...and find...Unless he has gun malfunctions and you try to assist him..."What's the marker doing now Forest?", I said innocently...while Mathew and Brian encircled him.

With the Hobbit's time with us not as great as it once was I may end up being the Wraith's new arch nemesis...As we typically found each other on the field of battle yesterday. Quite frankly we were evenly match as he shot me twice...Once on a sock sticking out while I was prone and the other time he had me cornered on a hill...But I repayed the favor by shooting fifty balls his way in two different games...Fun time Wraith...Fun time...Just think that first little go around we did could've been the tie-breaker...but if I remember correctly friendly fire Frodo but a stop to that...

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#920 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

As for all the new gear yesterday it was very exciting to see Forest with his new SP8...I hope he loves it, and I'm sure it will serve him well once he figures out the buttons. He has a new Viewloader Revolution hopper coming his away (in camo)...

I was sporting my new DYE outfit...with the DYE C9 Pants...which provided stretchy and easily breathable material so that I stayed cool under fire and didn't have to worry about rips...(especially when I walked into barbed wire)...My new C9 jersey which when matched with my pants looked very stylish but also provided that camo edge to stay hidden in the woods...My new DYE pod pack which provided quick relase of my pods and was light weight in camo fashion so that it matched the rest of my wonderful wardrobe...Let me tell you DYE is right for you! (My check is now in the mail for this post)...And I can't wait to tell you how great my new elbow and knee pads are! :rolleyes: (C'mon DYE PAY ME)

#921 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:52 AM

The new outfit does look pretty sick! I think the lack of a DYE logo on your socks is what did you in that one game. So what's up with this EGO 2010 teaser I'm hearing about? Is it going to be macro line-less? Can the PE loving Andrew stay away from a new and shiny new EGO??? Will he have the strength and will power?? I say just be done with it and get a Karnivore from WGP!! Join the dark side as Chris and Tyler have. You know you wanna!! Just stick a DYE logo on it :rolleyes:

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#922 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:48 AM

View Postathensplayer, on Sep 13 2009, 10:24 PM, said:

Prior plans for VA are a go, which should still be a sweet weekend for me down at the pits in VA. However, I'll greatly miss the camaraderie, laughs, and getting to fight as a whole squad again against the evils of Tippmann. When's the next Hells game? Let's put it on calendars.....I'm there!!!

The Hell Survivors 2010 calendar is here: http://hellsurvivors...fevents2010.pdf

I put forward the motion that our motley crew of ballers band together at least once a year for the Global Conquest scenario (it is the most affordable @ $40 pre-reg after the initial jersey is purchased) which takes place on the last weekend of June every year. I understand several of us are on the move and our lives may be growing a little more unpredictable but it would be a great way to get away from future work and wives (or husbands- I'm concerned about you Glouster boys!) if you 'had' to go to a college paintball reunion of sorts! :happy: We can don our England jersey's and fight off the Russian and Chinese hordes for eternity!! Maybe at some point if this foolish idea actually pays dividends we can come up with some corny team name as we bring in new friends and family members. I do like Mathew's A (Athens) Team. My idea would be something like AC/GC (Athens Crew/Glouster Crew). No jersey's needed as we are sporting Team England colors. Maybe just a banner near our usual parking area and a patch (not an eye patch you fools!) err something. Maybe this takes off or maybe in 2 years we very possibly have all moved on (except for you locals) but I think its worth a look at least!

Frodo out :)

Everybody jump aboard the Global Conquest train!!

Attached File(s)

This post has been edited by Frodo: 14 September 2009 - 10:58 AM

#923 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:50 AM

Like it, love it, want some more of it!!!!

#924 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 11:11 AM

It is also important to note that Hell Survivors is attempting to correct the disparity in team sizes this up and coming Global Conquest by cutting off pre-registration for teams that are filling up too quick. So, even though the deadline for pre-reg is May 1st we might want to commit as early as January to be on the safe side. Just food for thought.

#925 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:11 PM

Even though I have no idea what I'm doing this June (ie moving to a new side of the country, working, starting Doc school...) I think an early pre-commitment is the only way to pull off something like this. Plus, with a nice $40 fee, it'll hold people to it. Worse comes to worse, if I register and then REALLY can't make it, someone could play under my name who's more of a newcomer. Once it's in a calender, and you're committing with others, it's get's easier to actually pull off.

Come January, sign me up!!!

#926 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 September 2009 - 12:53 PM

I agree. Once money is forked over it becomes more difficult to jump ship. I think this December I will (or someone else) can bring it up again so we can get our numbers straight and than make the final commitment come January.

#927 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:44 AM

I had a blast at Global Conquest, I'll prereg even though that's the beginning of summer. I think I'm going to need to blow off some steam anyway come the begining of June.

First school comes tomorrow, putting the finsishing touches on camp, and getting my staff ready. I'm about to break some more news to them about what they can and can't do at camp when campers are here. They are going to love me. :ghillie:

Can't wait to shot at you guys again, I feeling that ich to play. I'm going to try and have a Oct game here at camp who is interested.

Tim

#928 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 06:34 AM

We would love to have ya aboard Scoob in the conquest of the world against our numerous enemies who want nothing better than to break our crumpets and spill our tea!

In regards to October. The schedule, from what I hear, is filling up fast. On the 10th is a possible Luke game. On the 17th is a possible game out at Oscar's. On the 24th is the Invictus Scenario. Some of these dates were just finalized over the weekend and if you were here last Sunday maybe you could have gotten a choice of weekends. But as is they only have the 3/4th open and than the 31st or 1st of November your choices and chances are slimmer now if you want some of these cats to come your way! :ghillie:

#929 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

View PostFrodo, on Sep 15 2009, 09:34 AM, said:

We would love to have ya aboard Scoob in the conquest of the world against our numerous enemies who want nothing better than to break our crumpets and spill our tea!

In regards to October. The schedule, from what I hear, is filling up fast. On the 10th is a possible Luke game. On the 17th is a possible game out at Oscar's. On the 24th is the Invictus Scenario. Some of these dates were just finalized over the weekend and if you were here last Sunday maybe you could have gotten a choice of weekends. But as is they only have the 3/4th open and than the 31st or 1st of November your choices and chances are slimmer now if you want some of these cats to come your way! :)

Tim, if you'd like to assist in running the Revolutionaries scenario it would be great to have you down...(Or to even play if you want). Speaking of which...The 2010's are coming out...and they look sweet!...The EGO 10 is kind of a disappointment though...It's basically an 09 with all the upgrades...Disheartening indeed. However the new DYE NT...WOW...Wouldn't mind to get my hands on a little bit of that action...So...The paintball extravaganza in Georgia is going on...Let's see what else gets unveiled in the coming time...Maybe an i5 mask?

On another note...interest seems to be growing for the scenario game in October...

And speaking of which...Is anyone interested to heading over to Cottageville with me this weekend on Saturday? Or possibly playing Speedball on Sunday in Coolville? Btw Justin...if I play Sunday I'd probably swing over to Outback after...Up for dinner?

Mathew, I'd love it if I could fight alongside you.

Anyone else...The same statement applies.

#930 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:00 PM

How about November 7th as the game day to play paintball at camp or maybe even the 14th how does that work for people? I of course have to clear this date with camp but it shouldn't be a problem.

Tim

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users