• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#826 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

LOL - Poor Forest, when will he learn

Again kids I had an Awesome time yesterday, I hope that we all can do it again soon. Jack when you get the chance take a look at what I've posed on the CPPA forum. I think you'll enjoy it, oh and if you don't know this about me then you should, I'm a button pusher. Yea I was that kid growing up, but then again I work for a camp so I really haven't grown up that much. :(

Thanks Frodo for being my XO yesterday, and rocking it out with Athensplayer, Ozz, and the others. You guys were kicking ass and not bothering with names.

Tim

#827 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 17 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Hey Shale Hill Slayer, it looks like Invictus and I will have both the EGO and Victory to loan to you and let you test and play with this Saturday if your interested.

Athensplayer, I have fixed the first shot drop off on the Shocker as it was the same setting I set last Saturday but this time I locked it in..cough cough...sorry about that. :ninja:

The weather is looking good for this Saturday (knock on wood) as a high of 79 is predicted!
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#828 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 17 August 2009 - 05:20 PM

i actually think im going with the ego, im saving every penny i have so i can get it before world challenge, i wont be able to afford the victory by then. ive been doing the math and im gonna have a heck of a time getting the money for the ego.
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#829 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:58 PM

You can't go wrong with the EGO from what I have seen. It has proven to be a very reliable and efficient marker and the company is top notch. If I could'nt have a Bob Long (purley loyalty, solid performance and individuality reasons apply) I would go Planet Eclipse for sure. DYE would be a distant third as they seem to be over-priced but high quality for sure. I believe that if I'm not mistaken that Bob Long is the only one of these companies which are purely produced in the good'ol USA though. So is it going to be the classy Pink Lady, an all White snow storm of freezing death or a surprise better left unkown until the battle of the non-Tippmann's begin? The great thing about Planet Eclipse besides their high quality and solid tech support is that you have almost limitless color schemes at your disposal!

This post has been edited by Frodo: 17 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#830 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:22 PM

Glad to hear the shocker is really fixed this time. Even though I know it'll be near impossible to live up to last weekend's performance. I should be bringing a guest out on Saturday, a friend who is a girl, and she's pretty pumped. And I'm not talking about Brandon, but I'm trying to put the screws to him as well....haha!

#831 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 04:35 AM

Sounds good Athensplayer. We are looking to have a decent turn-out this Saturday as I hear the Shale Hill Slayer is bringing a full car load and along with the usuals and maybe a group which we haven't met yet (Invictus knows about this group) we should be looking at maybe 14 to 16. Which are perfect numbers for Oscar's place. If anyone needs loaner equipment for a friend please let me know in advance so I can make the arrangements.

#832 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:53 AM

Thanks Frodo. I'm having that girl coming out, so +1 on needing gear but I can bring CO2, balls, and a super SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] mask. I've got Brandon covered minus a way to carry some balls and again a SHIZZLY [I DON'T WASH MY HANDS AFTER I WIPE] mask.

Assuming the shocker is still mine to "break in"

Athensplayer out (or back to his "office hours")

#833 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

i should have at least 4 guys coming out to ozzys

#834 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:21 PM

Do your four include Tyler and his friend Josh? Or is it that you have four unique people? Just curious...Oh and I think I have some good jerseys lined up...
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#835 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:33 AM

White "wife beaters" with salsa and beer stains do not count as jerseys... Who knows what you dug up at that new apartment of yours as I heard the horror stories involving the trash the previous tennants left behind.

The Shocker is all yours this Saturday Athensplayer. Even though I was tempted to use it as it is shooting pretty sweet right now. But alas Mr. Bob Long is a calling.

#836 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2009 - 11:51 AM

yeah, its tyler, josh, the other apprentice travis and matt c so im looking at possibly 5 unless some more hocking students want to come

hell surivors is looking iffy, i have to sell some stuff if i have any chance of going.

#837 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2009 - 12:14 PM

andrew we need to look into sponsorships and a website for invictus, we can possibly get something form ansgear and tippmann

#838 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:50 PM

View Postshalehillslayer, on Aug 21 2009, 02:51 PM, said:

hell surivors is looking iffy, i have to sell some stuff if i have any chance of going.

I don't care if you have to whore yourself out. You are coming to MI as I am not being left alone with Mr. Swamp Ratt and the Barrel-less Wonder... That would also force Invictus and myself to work together and that just doesn't happen. Not to mention my last few posts has earned me the ire of a certain W.V. marksman and I need someone to watch my back!

#839 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:14 PM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 21 2009, 03:50 PM, said:

View Postshalehillslayer, on Aug 21 2009, 02:51 PM, said:

I don't care if you have to whore yourself out. You are coming to MI as I am not being left alone with Mr. Swamp Ratt and the Barrel-less Wonder... That would also force Invictus and myself to work together and that just doesn't happen. Not to mention my last few posts has earned me the ire of a certain W.V. marksman and I need someone to watch my back!

No ire here, my friend! I am just polishing my ancient paintball equipment so that my relics will be in tip-top condition and ready for hobbitt punishment. :rolleyes:
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#840 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 22 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

The day out at Oscar's place today was a good day for all as it definately had the usuals of The Shale Hill Slayer running out of paint and air half-way through the day (that used to be me), Forest showing up late and having equipment issues to boot, Dirk showing up late and trying to leave early, Frodo shooting up Tyler and one team dominating most of the day. But there were several fun surprises to be had today. Slayer, Invictus and myself were 'space gun' swapping trying out each-others overly priced toys. I have to say the DM9 is the smoothest and one of the quietest markers I have ever shot and yet I wasn't content. It was as if I was shooting air and I had to check a few times to make sure paint was coming out as this masterpiece is almost too good. I immediately wanted a poppet so I could feel a little kick and hear the roar of paint being fired down range. Next was Slayer who enjoyed his time with the EGO, DM9, and the Victory. He will hopefully post his comments but I think he liked them all and maybe the DM9 even more due to his experience with spoolies. Other surprises were Athensplayer running the field now two weeks in a row. Mathew was a beast again with that Shocker NXT and he was only shot once all day and that was the final game. I think he has found his calling. We also had this fella by the name of Brandon (aka Intimidator) make a guest appearance and he ripped with the TM-7 all day. I think he was in disbelief at the extent our group has progressed (or have gone over-board) in terms of numbers and equipment aquired. Another surprise was a guest of Athensplayer who was the only female playing today and she was better than at least half of the male meat taking in her constant barrage from her bad-ass X7 (thanks Mathew). Oscar has also thrown in his lot with the Tippmann Challenge group this September and he will be an asset (go World Team) to our cause! The final surprise was that Invictus played with the Phantom almost the entire day. Even as the disgruntled yellow team continued to get lit-up he stayed with it. He could've had more kills as he had me dead to rights a few times but he stuck with it. He did do 'ok' with it as he did rack up some kills. I am happy for him and his new found love as he is looking to purchase a pump now (I hear applause from W.V.). But I think this field and with its fast and open pace was maybe not the best place to break in a new playing style.

All in all a very good and a very fun day. We were well taken care of by Oscar's wife who had a tub full of ice with bottled water, a tent for shade, tables, chairs and the kicker was the pizza which was consumed by all. So good job Red team in dominating the day and hope to see you all very very soon.

Frodo out ;)

This post has been edited by Frodo: 22 August 2009 - 08:42 PM

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users