• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#811 User is offline   Vyo 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Vyo

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:19 PM

Aye, Justin is most likely gonna get to drag me to Michigan to slug it out with you guys again... I just gotta get the wife approval (which won't be hard since she knows I'm bummed out about our BearClaw plans falling through (AND the 2ndary plans to goto a game in Southern GA bombing out, too)) Shouldn't be hard to get the time off from work either.

I'll get the old AKA Viking cleaned up, juiced up and ready to roll. (she may be old school, built like a brick, but she can dump the paint just as well as those space guns you all are found of, and just as air efficient too)

Justin keeps drooling so much about an RT mag... maybe I'll get enough time to get my RT Classic running, and bring it along :laugh:

#812 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 13 August 2009 - 06:29 AM

Vyo, happy to have another ace join the group for our trip north to bash in the heads of the Tippmann team!!

On the subject of our next Michigan game, Scoobshagg and I were discussing matters (he still doesn't know if he can go) and we agreed that radios and better group coordination will serve us all well. The thinking was that at Global the teams were divided into 7 and the chances of us getting too far from each-other were slim (unless you were Athensplayer trying to find the sneaky Frodo!) but at the World Challenge with 2 big teams slugging it out the odds increase of us almost never seeing a team member for hours on end and since, for the most part, its fun to run n'gun with our mates and watch and laugh errr I mean help players like Forest find their lost barrels... So in the area of radios and team communications we should step it up a notch and it starts with me getting the radios up and operating and than you willing volunteers (anyone not wanting one can go w/out and we will cya for breakfast and dinner at least) to actually use them. Just some brainstorming on our parts and Invictus we promise to only pick on you via radio when you actually warrant it. :laugh:

Frodo out ;)

Btw, Chris you are welcomed to break in the shocker this Saturday if you can make it and I will throw in some paint to make sure you have enough amo to get the job done properly.

This post has been edited by Frodo: 13 August 2009 - 08:24 AM

"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#813 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 09:43 AM

I am happy to give up the navigating, just as long as a certain special someone doesn't get the reins. I'm also happy to try out a "new" shocker if Chris can't make it. I just hope I don't fall in too much love with it.

#814 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:33 PM

Athensplayer, you handle that X7 with deadly experience and precision so I would hate to see you without it but if Chris can't make it I am happy to see someone step-up and break it in for me.

Driving arrangments are almost set for Saturday and when we hear from Chris we can finalize them.

I also called up to Michigan today and have two hotel rooms reserved but this time they both have twin beds and are right next to each-other. If we can't fill both than I can drop one at the last minute for no extra charge.

Frodo out :panzer:

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#815 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 13 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

View Postathensplayer, on Aug 13 2009, 12:43 PM, said:

I am happy to give up the navigating, just as long as a certain special someone doesn't get the reins. I'm also happy to try out a "new" shocker if Chris can't make it. I just hope I don't fall in too much love with it.

Well screw you too. I'm defecting. I'm done!
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#816 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

what day is tippmann world challenge, i may be able to attend

also has anyone heard about centerstage yet
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#817 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:51 PM

Last weekend in September...26th and 27th I believe.

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#818 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip

Posted 13 August 2009 - 10:55 PM

I love how you can sit here and see who's signed in...I like to eagerly await posts...and then I see new people...like there was just someone on here with the name "Beyond The Grave"...they sadly didn't post...Maybe they will someday though...Oooh Miller is still on...maybe he'll post again.

#819 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:43 AM

Tippmann World Challenge (TWC) is on the 26th and 27th and as of right now we are going to mimick the June game in terms of Hotel and driving arrangments. Some of the changes might be: Forest and Dirk do promise to camp and stay the entire weekend this time around, JKR is bringing Vyo, both Mathews may not be able to go, Scoob is still a waite and see and my brother might bring a friend as well. So we should have decent numbers again. The rules for the game itself are different as well as it's just two big teams slugging it out trying to acquire as many points as possible through objective holding and kill rates as they actually keep a body count and officers are worth big points! One of our own is going to try to play as an officer as well and thus Invictus can keep us informed as to what is going on. We also hope to get everyone on the same page and join the non-Tippmann team. We have a few extra non-Tippmanns laying about so we can make this happen if people are willing. Sadly, the prices for this one look to be about the same as Global with a $65 2day field fee, $60 per case of good Fireballs, free air and no jersies as they use red (Tippmann) and yellow (World Team) marking tape. But, let's hope for non-dimpled paint and cooler weather in late September!

The TWC is slightly bigger than Global Conquest in terms of attendance. Global gets about 1200 or so while TWC gets about 1700 (Monster game is largest with about 3000+). The TWC is also sponsored by Tippmann and Smart Parts so expect some really good vending as well as door prizes. The last two years has seen the World Team win but it was the Tippmann Team winning the previous four years and all of the last six years the World Teams have been the smaller team by a few hundred or so. So we will be out numbered but not out played!

No news on CenterStage as of yet.

This post has been edited by Frodo: 14 August 2009 - 12:09 PM

#820 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 14 August 2009 - 02:40 PM

I just heard that I am the new Outdoor Education Director for Natures Classroom, for Camp Templed Hills. So to celebrate I say extra medication for everyone.

#821 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

im in for world challenge boys, just gotta get it cleared from work, sadly i cant make biblical battles, guess i have to work tomorrow, im still in for ozzy's, i have next saturday off
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#822 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

Chris- you missed what would have been some total domination. Me, Brian, and Oz tore it up out there.

Just wanted to say a big AMEN to all the teammates who stayed teammates throughout the day. As always, it was great playing with you!!!

#823 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:55 AM

We missed you yesterday Shale Hill Slayer! The Delta Force squad would've been even stronger with you among us!

I heard that Forest showed up at Battlezone at 10pm last night and that neighbors called the police as they complained of some crazy man in camo wielding a weapon shouting "one more game fellas, one more game!" He would'nt leave the field and the police had to tazer him multiple times (Forest has a high pain tolerance as we know) as he grew belligerant and began to pepper the officers with Stingers from his A-5 even after the barrel had fallen off again. One officer was quoted as saying "If he would've used a less painfull paint we would've only pepper sprayed him but the fact that he used Stingers forced us to match his lethal use of force with one of equal pain and thus we tazered him. Then when he told us they cost $55 we just had to hit his head on the squad car multiple times to knock some common sense back into him. Luckily none of them broke on me or I would've really been angry." Forest is awaiting arraignment in the Mansfield county jail.

This post has been edited by Frodo: 16 August 2009 - 07:57 AM

#824 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:04 PM

LOL- about to fall out of the chair. too too much

#825 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 16 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

Sorry to hear about Forrest... I hope too many officers were not as badly bruised as my body and ego... Too frustrated to say much right now... I will say that I AM VERY GRATEFUL to the Athens crew and JKR for making the long, and expensive trip to BattleZone for this game! Thank you all for your support! That field would be greatly improved by completing the expansion they have been planning... The paint was atrocious. Except for one small SNAFU, the day went very well and I think everyone had a good time. Even Blue Team seemed O.K., even with the trouncing we received.

This post has been edited by Shadowjackal: 16 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users