• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#781 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

To change the topic here, I do enough heavy reading for school..... :laugh:

Did anybody not fog up last weekend? I'm considering a new mask and would love some feedback/rants/raves. Also, got a 68/4500 yesterday, so I should be good on not needing to bum tanks anymore. I'm hoping to make it to Forest's, I'm working in the AM, so if I can make it, I'll be a late arrival.

#782 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:29 AM

Ahh I enjoy a good discussion and sometimes some dirt kicking can get one started.

JKR, you are a Jedi on the field so stop trying to be one as you are one. I think if I only played on private fields among friends I would be willing to scarifice some firepower. I often play on public fields or private games among strangers that I have witnessed enough wipes or uncalled 'hits' that I enjoy being able to crank up the heat when called for. Kinda like throwing at the batter with a 100mph speedball as a way of policing the game ourselves (young Mat A. knows about this). I, when I can, use good quality paint so no Monster balls are killing anyone and I've only seen this type of 'policing' once or twice. You are right that a "wall of paint" at a new player is not good for the sport and with the firepower at an electro's fingertips it can be mismanaged and it is easier to make shooting mistakes. In regards to 'skill' I guess it would be like soldiering through the 20th century where a soldier's firepower has increased and the training has differed but pound for pound they are just as skilled or maybe even less so than the generations prior but their ability to rack up kills has them feared. I have used the intimidation factor a few times as a new technique in vanquishing foes. Two young kids at Oscar's place and Tyler and a couple of others have surrendered without needing to be shot and if equiped with a pump I think the outcome may have been different for me. That does not make me a better player, on a personnal level, but it does help the team win and thus an important asset to said team. Any young recruit can pick up an electro and start blazing away and see more kills and this does not make him a better player but there is something to be said for improving ones equipment to get better results. An old mask tossed for a new one with a fancy thermal lense and a larger field of vission, softer material to create bounces and less fogging can create a more lethal player yet his/her own skills may not have improved due to the new equipment. A new pair of boots or gloves to tear through thorny underbrush...etc...etc... I agree it is not the equipment that makes a player more skilled but in my book it can make a more lethal player, a bigger asset for his/her team and in the end a more confident player and so in many ways a better player if not maybe as skilled a player as one which has to fight harder to achieve a positive result due to limitations on his/her equipment.

Luckily we have conditions that can accept both the new and the old and its funny how even us electros fear you Jedi Master more so than our own electro peers :laugh: The shout "I just killed JKR!!" is rarely ever heard but when it is it is loud and boisterious and everyone stops to listen. :ninja:

Frodo out :panzer:

BTW, I think we are letting the A-5 and X7 owners off the hook a little too easily as most of them have e-grips which makes them an electro marker but I understand they are nuetered as their firing modes can only be adjusted manualy but with their electronic triggers they can still shoot faster than a mechanical trigger. Just food for thought.
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#783 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Post icon  Posted 07 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

View Postathensplayer, on Aug 7 2009, 10:24 AM, said:

To change the topic here, I do enough heavy reading for school..... :laugh:

Did anybody not fog up last weekend? I'm considering a new mask and would love some feedback/rants/raves. Also, got a 68/4500 yesterday, so I should be good on not needing to bum tanks anymore. I'm hoping to make it to Forest's, I'm working in the AM, so if I can make it, I'll be a late arrival.

Yea, JKR and I are just enjoying ourselves a little too much here. Good bedtime reading though!

I would recommend the DYE I-4 as I have tried several masks over the last few years and this one is the only one to never fog on me. Now I am a over heating sweating fogging machine so maybe a lesser mask will work for you as the I-4 can be pricey. It is also small in terms of face coverage so us big fat melons should be wary of this. My second recommendation would be a JT Pro-Flex 8 as they can be equiped with a fan that can be turned on inbetween sneaking around and they have decent thermal lenses and are more affordable. An I-3 from DYE is also a good mask but even that fogged up on Tyler last weekend which was a first for that mask but it can be equiped with a fan as well. Besides a good marker I think a good mask is a very important investment.

Glad to see you have a good hpa tank now. What brand did you pick up?

We will probably start this Sunday around 1'sh or so and finish up around 5 or 6. So we would love to have you stop by if you can.

-Frodo

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#784 User is offline   athensplayer 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:00 AM

Tank seems to be a no-name, but carbon fiber and with a crossfire reg. "Carleton" I too, am a heat hog, so I'll take a look at the i4's. Is $100 about right? After being blind, stuck in the woods I'd agree a great mask is worth it. I like the idea of a fan and if that's cheaper...but I'm always a fan of the simpler the better. I should know today what time the job will finish up, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Bible battles are in either way, and I swear- you and I are playing at least one game together where I don't take a face shot in the first minute!!!!!

#785 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 07 August 2009 - 08:18 AM

If you want a good mask like the i4, but with better coverage...Invest in the Empire E-vents 09. A great mask as well. I still prefer my i4...but, it is my second favorite mask on the market...Also the proto axis (I think it's that model) is supposed to be pretty amazing...but if you have a small head the i4 is the way to go...Otherwise you may look like you placed an athletic cup over your face. The e-vents is practically the official speedball mask...It is used by a wide variety of teams of people that get hot, sweaty, and play dirty. So that's my opinion. If you want to check one out this weekend let me know and I could pass one along.
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#786 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 07 August 2009 - 03:59 PM

Frodo, I guess we are just scaring everyone away with our long-winded rants! :wacko:

View PostFrodo, on Aug 7 2009, 07:29 AM, said:

I often play on public fields or private games among strangers that I have witnessed enough wipes or uncalled 'hits' that I enjoy being able to crank up the heat when called for. Kinda like throwing at the batter with a 100mph speedball as a way of policing the game ourselves (young Mat A. knows about this).

Oddly enough, I view this almost as a self-fulfilling prophecy. As ROF increases, in some games it's almost as if connecting with someone with one well-placed shot isn't enough anymore. Players dismiss the one hit on an arm or leg sticking out from behind a tree as if nothing ever happened. We don't see it in our group but having played in Marietta with walk-ons, it happens. They don't take notice until you have hit them multiple times.

After reading your take on player skills vs effectiveness/lethality, I'd say we are on the same page. I knew we were anyway but I still like to spark a little conversation once in a while!

Oh, and thanks for your kind (but exaggerated) words on my supposed Jedi skills. Note I only try to aspire to be like one...I am far from it.

Well, I do faintly resemble Yoda so I will give you that much... :eck:

This post has been edited by JKR: 07 August 2009 - 04:06 PM

AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#787 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

But a fun argument none-the-less JKR! I agree that its too bad that sometimes one hit does not seem to do the trick and that is due to the higher ROF's and the rapid growth of the sport has cheapened the honor and chivalry which used to be applied without being said. You and I are on the same page its just that you have stuck to your guns both figuratively and literally while I have crossed over to the dark side in order to fight evil with evil. Yoda rocks!! I had a bowling team in Schwienfurt, GE and we were the 'Jedi Knights' and I was Obe-One (Andrew check on that spelling pls). :wacko: We never amounted to much but I did sleep with the Turkish girl on our team...Score :eck:

#788 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 07 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

has anyone heard about center stage yet

i think i may have found the gun im getting, its a suprise
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#789 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 07:17 AM

View Postshalehillslayer, on Aug 7 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

Oh, oh...let me guess...

You're getting a Typhoon! :laugh:

If I'm right, do I get a prize?
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

#790 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 08:25 AM

Slayer, I bet your getting a TPX pistol because all the cool kids have one :laugh: But you'll deck it out with a top of the line virtue board and amo feed it from a back harness and get 40bps and with a high power rifle scope you'll never miss!! Am I close?

#791 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:03 AM

View Postshalehillslayer, on Aug 7 2009, 10:09 PM, said:

No...wait...

It's a Phantom VSC with stock class breach and direct feed breach complete with a 3.5oz CO2 tank!

Oh, sorry - that's what I want to get next. Nevermind...

Maybe shalehillslayer is getting a Nasty Houndstooth! Yeah, that's it! (drools on keyboard)
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#792 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:24 PM

you guys are nowhere close, but i garuantee you will tremble in fear and pee your pants, it really is amazing though, tyler knows what it is and hes madder at me than he was when andrew got that dm9 after buying his ego

btw whats a houndstooth

This post has been edited by shalehillslayer: 08 August 2009 - 06:25 PM

hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#793 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 08 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

View Postshalehillslayer, on Aug 8 2009, 06:24 PM, said:

but i garuantee you will tremble in fear and pee your pants

Not a chance! ;)

The Nasty Houndstooth...a PPS double barrel pump!

http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.p...age&pID=208

The "Nasty" designation comes from it's two barrels. The Houndstooth is single barrel.

Many more style points than some space 'gun...c'mon, ya know ya want one!!!
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#794 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

I bet its the new Bob Long Victory with the new efficiency engine (1 case per full 68hpa fill!), a solid pillow bolt, closed bolt w/tool-less removal, a new on/off asa, a new smaller regulator and a cool Tadoa board too boot!! Knowing you it will be the red/black with the title: "Grand Master" lasered onto the side just for good measure. If you don't pick this one up I may just have to for next year. :dry:

#795 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellraiser6

Posted 09 August 2009 - 07:41 AM

I will not be able to make it to the Biblical Battles.

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users