• You cannot reply to this topic

Games in Glouster, OHIO Rate Topic: ****- 3 Votes

#751 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:shalehillslayer

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:35 AM

yeah tyler is coming, im bringing him and travis and maybe some others from school and probably racheal.

i keep my gun on semi anyway so were good there
hockingpaintball.blogspot.com

#752 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellraiser6

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:44 PM

Yet another great day with outstanding company and awsome food!

#753 User is offline   JKR 

• My presence foretells death...I am Wraith
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WRAITH_

Posted 01 August 2009 - 07:09 PM

I agree completely! Thanks Luke for putting on fantastic games today. Your surprises added some nice twists to the game and kept everyone well entertained. Thanks so much for the great food and thanks out to everyone else who brought such tasty treats.

Wow, aside from the persistent and universal goggle fogging problems, it's hard to imagine a much better day of play. I can't imagine anyone driving home today not having had a great time. There were some epic battles (I bow to the Hobbitt for ending the day the victor in our duel) and some very well-played action.

I am looking forward to the next game! :(
AIRGUN DESIGNS
"Because quality shoots straight...always"

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/feedbac....html#post91505

#754 User is offline   Thumper63 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Thumper63

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:54 AM

Thanks to all who came out to play, I appologize for the video malfunction as I know most were looking forward to it. I will get it transfered and make copies for all who want one. Good food (MEATBALLS ROCK) friends, and games, who could ask for more. Thanks to Justin for giving me some much needed help and planning for the few new barricades that were added. Thanks again to evertone for a great day of play.....hey....do you smell smoke? Thumper OUT>
So what.. I know my gun is older than my kid, at least they both can vote.

#755 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 02 August 2009 - 05:48 AM

Good job Thumper in the production of another great day. Definatley the #1 paintball environment in Southern Ohio!! Thanks to everyone who helped make it a fun experience. Top 3 winners were the smoke, the social gathering afterwards and the great meatballs of course! I thought the smoke was really cool and was escpecially efficient in the creek during the defence of Hill 881 in which ended in a draw due to the attackers being bogged down with fogged masks and the loss of their frontal skirmish line which undermined their great rear action which decimated the defenders. The 3 way scenario sounded cool on paper but maybe needs some tweeking (Andrew). :wub: Maybe a time limit on the attack/defend scenarios but my real luv is always the ctf games.

Thanks again to JKR, Thumper and Invictus for the food, cake and scrapbook (which really rocks!) and to those who made the long trip (Hellraiser, Athensplayer and JKR) all 3 of which drove a couple of hours or more to attend! My fav battle was of course the duel with my nemesis the Wraith who if he woulda known it was I, the sneaky devious Hobbit, would've surely not given up his strong position. Too bad Athensplayer was outdone by our own teamate or he most surely would've had the killing blow on our fav marksmen. But JKR did put a marb down Forest's barrel which was definately the shot of the day! :laugh: Most interesting outfit goes to Invictus who looked like a character off of Mad Max and coming to the game in a Harley whould've sold the look even more.

Peace out and I'll see some of you at Biblical Battles up in Mansfield on the 15th.

-Frodo
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#756 User is offline   centerstage 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:centerstage

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:38 AM

Guys my name is James I live in coolville and just yesterday aug. 1 opened up my own paintball field Centerstage Paintball. Right now there is two netted fields one of which is an X-ball field and the second field is mostly big round hay bails with some random semi parts. Within the next 2-3 weeks there will be a second rec field constructed basically out of the same materials. I know you guys mostly play woodsball if im not mistaken but i dont have a woodsball field yet it wont be ready until beginning of spring 2010. We have a website that we are currently working on that is centerstagepaintball.com our normal summer hours will be from 10am-7pm. If anyone would like more information let me know i would be more than happy to accomidate you.

#757 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 08:57 AM

James congratulations on opening a Paintball field, I wish you luck. You are now competing with MAM Paintball, and our open games that we host from time to time. Please let us know where in Coolville you are so that some of us can possibly come out and play on your field. Also what are you prices, and what kind of paint are you shooting. Some of us are particular about the type of paint our guns shoot. Do you have a pro show as well?

We wish you luck

Tim

#758 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 02 August 2009 - 02:33 PM

Andrew, remind me to liberally apply Marballizer to your goggles to you next time I see you on the field for that pink paint of yours! I just threw my Multicams into the wash for a third time to try and remove the pink you so generously gave me yesterday. :)

Oh, and for those I have spoken to about the October scenario game in TN that I had planned on going to, the water has been muddied considerably. Seems the field owners and/or event organizers decided to move it up a weekend to October 3rd and 4th :rolleyes: Not only does this mess me up (already asked off work) but also may pose a problem for those expressing an interest in going down too who had already planned on going to the Tippmann Challenge in MI. So, AsphyxiateHeart, Frodo and Shadowjackal - please shoot me an email to let me know if this change will completely remove the possibility that any of you might be able to go to TN with Vyo and I. I am still assessing how this will affect me and if I can go.

And Frodo - you are very welcome for the scrapbook and sendoff yesterday. Thank you for being a good friend and such a worthy adversary. Although I know we may still play occasionally in the future, I know that those games will be too few and far between. You will be missed my short, hairy-footed friend! Best of luck to you and the Mrs in the future...

Scoobshag, I will miss you too, buddy. I hope I can shake your hand before you take off out into the "real world". Sorry you couldn't join us yesterday and I hope we can play together again in the future.

Justin
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company."
-- George Washington

#759 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:12 PM

im definately interested in playing center stage, these guys all know i like to mix it up and play speedball and woodsball. are you open both sat and sun? where is it exactly.

This post has been edited by shalehillslayer: 03 August 2009 - 08:14 PM

#760 User is offline   AsphyxiateHeart 

• PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Invictus07

Posted 03 August 2009 - 10:43 PM

Chris...You are so hard to get ahold of...I've been calling you since Sunday...a few times a day...I'd like to start getting some work in on the team...So feel free to call me...

Onto other notes...

Luke...Thanks for a great time. I look forward to seeing how your field evolves over the next few months. If you need any help let me know. And of course great food!

Justin- Thanks a lot for all your hard work on the scrap books. It was also great facing off...er...getting the drop on you a couple of times...Though there was a time or two when you lit me up as well. Speaking of which, are you sure you don't want an electro? I noticed your fingers moving quite quickly this weekend!

Chris- Was fun being on your side for a bit...Working together...even if it was for two seconds becaue your battery died. I look forward to doing it again in the future.

Tyler- Great job this weekend. Your skill is improving!

Matt: ...Nice Spyder...

Matthew Austin- Great job to you as well. Quick footed and quick to act as always!

Tim- You were missed.

Dirk and Forest- Their feedback is paired...because...well...they are a pair...and I wouldn't trade them for anything...It was fun guys...

To the Pomeroy people- I'm glad you all came out. I look forward to seeing you guys with us in the future. Hoping to get all the old crew together...

Brian- No matter how many people we drag in you won't be replaced...I hope this last month of paintball goes well for us. Thanks also for supplying some gear to pan out to a couple of our new guys.

Oscar- Awesome as always. I look forward to the next game at your place.

Rodney- It was awesome having you back. Hope you can start coming more often.

And last but not least...

Megan and Angela- Did quite well this weekend. I'm afraid if they start playing more often they may tear us regulars up. For first timers they are catching on fast. I was quite suprised.

And to those I didn't talk to...Great having you out...

I can't wait for Biblical Battles.
It takes a long time before you learn to play like yourself - Miles Davis

"We used to tell them in Outward Bound, when a parent would come and ask us, ["Can you guarantee the safety of our son, Johnny?"] And finally we decided to meet it head-on. We would say, ["No. We certainly can't Ma'am. We guarantee you the genuine chance of his death. And if we could guarantee his safety, the program would not be worth running. We do make one guarantee, as one parent to another. If you succeed in protecting your boy, as you are doing now, and as its your motherly duty to do, you know we applaud your watch dog tenacity. You should be protecting him. But, if you succeed, we guarantee you the death of his soul!"]" -Unsoeld

#761 User is offline   Frodo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frodo17

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:02 AM

Yea, JKR's fingers were moving pretty fast indeed! I thought I was up against someone with three round burst and here it was Mr. Marbles and if it wasn't for a few luckily placed twigs and a barely large enough tree I would've been worm food for sure!

Shale Hill Slayer, I have a car load of mates heading up to Bibilical Battles (about a 2 hour drive) on the 15th. I comfortably have room for you and if need be we can strap Tyler to the hood. So, let Andrew and I know if you can make it. It would be cool to team up and kick some tail with you again.
"Ideals are better than ideologies." Antebi

"It is not, however, a question of what we would like but of what we can have." Ruppin

"I am misanthropos, and hate mankind, For thy part I do wish thou wert a dog, That I might love thee something." (W.Shakespeare, Timon of Athens, iv. 3, 52)

#762 User is offline   scoobshagg 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 07:40 AM

Shadehillslayer you'd like Battle zone it has the right mix of woods ball and speed ball it's right up your alley. We can always make room for another. Plus if there is already people heading up there then that's all the more reason to hitch a ride with them to go.

Tim

#763 User is offline   shalehillslayer 

• the shale hill slayer
  • PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:23 AM

id like to go but its a matter of if i have to work, its too late to request if off, does it cost anything to play there if i get lucky and dont work

#764 User is offline   JKR 

• PipPipPip

Posted 04 August 2009 - 02:10 PM

View PostFrodo, on Aug 4 2009, 06:02 AM, said:

Yea, JKR's fingers were moving pretty fast indeed! I thought I was up against someone with three round burst and here it was Mr. Marbles and if it wasn't for a few luckily placed twigs and a barely large enough tree I would've been worm food for sure!

After playing for the last 21 years, I can turn up the heat when I need too! :(

Generally, I get more satisfaction out of playing a slower ROF but once in a while, it's necessary (and fun!) to utilize my Automag to it's fullest potential. Honestly, I don't feel that it takes much skill to shoot an electro really fast and when I can come out the victor using an "inferior" 'gun, well that just ices the cake for me. That's not to say that my opponent isn't skilled, just that the 'gun itself doesn't demand much from the player.

As for an electro, Andrew - don't hold your breath. I just don't like them. I like the feel of a mechanical trigger and have no plans on giving up my Automag for a space gun! You guys can shoot and enjoy them to your heart's content but it just isn't for me.
AIRGUN DESIGNS

-- Dwight D. Eisenhower

-- George Washington

#765 User is offline   hellraiser6 

• HELLRAISER6
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hellraiser6

Posted 04 August 2009 - 04:30 PM

Thumper, here is the link to the webiste I was telling you about.
http://www.hyperstea.../contactus.html

Purchased the TPX today and a new hub for my truck. Shreaded the bearings in my old one...MAN good thing that didnt happen to me on the road back from Lukes place....

Share this topic:

• (89 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users