• You cannot reply to this topic

pump haters... not aplying to me... Rate Topic: **--- 4 Votes

#31 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:24 AM

Good job shooting all the woodsball/scenario players out with your pumps guys! Those guys are super good at gunfighting...

I hate when people assume woodsballers are unskilled Buckfrenzy. By what you said thats what I'm assuming. I see all kinds of speedball players in the woods playing. I see all kinds of woodsball players on the speedball field playing. There are so many variables that combine to equal shooting someone that you can't really argue this. Angles, ROF, field positions, persons size, number of players, etc. I can shoot speedball players on the speedball field with a pump. Don't tell me woodsball players suck and can't put up a skilled gunfight just because I can hit them. I'm sure everyone here has been hit by some kid/player making his first debute into either style of play. IT HAPPENS BROSEPH. I'm not really arguing so much as using your response to let go of some frustration at home here. :laugh: Flame off?
-Ty

This post has been edited by Ty29: 31 August 2008 - 02:12 PM

#32 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:26 AM

Also eggman do you play pump? We should have a pump game sometime
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#33 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:33 AM

ive never found any one that Hates pumps, but some people i know dislike Pump play..its all personal prefferance
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#34 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:34 PM

my team ragged on me for using a pump in the SPPL, but when they learned that I dont feel comfortable with a semi, cept a cocker.....they left me alone and allowed me to play the way that works for me. one of my teammates rags on me constantly though, since he played in the 80s with Blood SUckers at tourneys, and now uses a SP-8..... but to be honest, i am not that great of a paintballer compared to most of my team, and compared to my old days when i used nothing but M4 spyders or M98s.
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#35 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:59 PM

View PostM.O.P., on Aug 31 2008, 11:26 AM, said:

Also eggman do you play pump? We should have a pump game sometime

indeed i do... im fixin to snag a pgp sometime soon, you should come down to the zombie daze scenario ant pbc. it is on my profile page

#36 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:13 PM

There cool. It gets annoying when some pump players act like they are better than everyone and push pump play on people.

#37 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:52 PM

View Postthe eggman, on Aug 31 2008, 09:16 AM, said:

View PostPaintsoldier, on Aug 30 2008, 09:34 PM, said:

All the elitest-like attitudes around here get annoying. It's just what I like to play. I joke around with people wasting paint but, nothing serious like some of the ranting going on here. Oh, well, maybe I just take it too seriously.

oh yeah? what happend to the getting me out while being a one legged dying mule with no paint? i agree, your not arrogant at all :P

Eh, people change. Like I said I like to joke around as much as any one else. But, that was a private message, i.e. not trashing semis on the open forum. I never said I wasn't arogant. :P And I'd need atleast two legs...

And yes, I know that's hypocrytical of my previous statements. I just like to talk big with friends and mess around. I like to talk about the way I play, even when I ref, but, I've never had anyone tell me I'm pushing pump on them or anything.

This post has been edited by Paintsoldier: 31 August 2008 - 08:59 PM

a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#38 User is offline   Super-fly 

• That guy that doesn't post much.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Super-fly

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:10 PM

TBH I don't hate pumps (I play with one too)

I hate pump players that think they should try there best to force it on people. I mean come on if someone wants to play pump they will, but if they choose not to then leave them alone. Yeah I don't like the pump section of the forum, so instead of what some people do I stay away from it; unlike some people that go into other forums and blast away because the don't like the company it is for or the style of play it represents.
/rant

...meh

My Member Number is lower than some peoples post count. :P
People who think electros are killing paintball, are killing paintball.

#39 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

If it shoots a paintball, it's cool with me.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#40 User is offline   coco 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

View PostBAGELS, on Aug 30 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

People play pump so they have an excuse for why they suck so bad ;)

haha i bet most pump players could own your easily >.<
My Feedback

Alabamian #6

"meh mini shoot nice and all but they are like ion everywhere"

Halo V35 Fully UP'D FST

#41 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:46 PM

View Postcoco, on Aug 31 2008, 09:42 PM, said:

View PostBAGELS, on Aug 30 2008, 11:18 PM, said:

People play pump so they have an excuse for why they suck so bad ;)

haha i bet most pump players could own your easily >.<

the :( emoticon denotes sarcasm. Just so you know. :P
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#42 User is offline   Agnoeo 

• The lunatics are in my head
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:33 AM

I personally hear few if anyone push pump on someone. Its everyones choice what they want to do. I play pump because I like the rush I get from it. Saves me cash, and I put myself at a disadvantage with less paint, so its more exciting. I enjoy playing with my semi, just not as much as my phantom. I wouldn't call myself elite one bit when it comes to skill. People usually say more about me than I'd ever say about myself. Im just confident(not cocky) and like being forced out of my comfort zone of playing semi. Its really just personal preference and my own opinion on what I like. Honestly I could care less what someone does unless they ask my advice on something.

I'll joke around with friends about it, but they give me a hard time just the same. A common one between my buddy and I is he likes to bunker me in speedball, He'll say something about how did all that paint tast. While I like sneaking behind him in woodsball making him surrender and I'll say something like, not so easy to hear me with 2 tubes of paint on me. Its healthy competition for us. He's learning to watch his surroundings, while I'm learning how to work my angle better in speedball so I can get a better shot before being blind sided.

The only negative thing I'm hearing is with The whole "You may be a pump player" thread and people getting annoyed with that. If thats the case, don't go in there. I don't go to certain topics because I know I'll get fired up. Threads like that are more for humor sake anyways. Most of us are just having some good fun. There are just those who just don't think before they hit the add reply button.

I'm usually the quiet guy at the field anyways, even when somoene tries starting something with me, I blow it off and keep playing and have fun. I'm proud of my primary marker being pump, and being known as a Stock Class player. Just makes me feel good about myself doing something out of the norm.
III - One Ball, One Shot, One Kill South East Brigade Patches Coming Soon! Special Ops Pump Crew
So if a pilot scratches his multi million dollar F22, does that raise his auto insurance rates?? -Legato

#43 User is offline   WOODSBALLER 

• Oh how I've missed you!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PBALLA

Posted 01 September 2008 - 06:49 AM

I have used pumps, i like the way Sniper IIs look but i hate using a pump, its just not my thing and if i must say i think its boring!!!! I love my etek on uncapped SEMI, i can help out my team and do a lot better with it.
Natural Born Killer
HYBRID BALLER

#44 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:14 AM

Yeah I guess I can say I love just wasting paint, but on the other hand I love using my Pump and doing the complete exact oppisite. I can go through 1,000 rounds in the first hour of a game or 1,000 rounds in the first year. :P
-Ty

#45 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:50 AM

i play pump for the same reason i play speedball with a pistol. its fun and it saves me money.
ive never met any of these "agg" pump players, but since i play alot of speedball i rarely meet other pump players to begin with.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users