• You cannot reply to this topic

pump haters... not aplying to me... Rate Topic: **--- 4 Votes

#1 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:47 PM

ok, none of this is aplying to me, but is there anyone out there who hates pump guns? like i have noticed that no one really hates pumps around here, it is kinda like the ak-47 in cod4, everyone is cool with it. are there any pump haters out there? is there a society of shocker owning pump haters out there? if so tell us where so the sopc can infiltrate and bunker them 10 times then reload :laugh: whoa, off topic... just wondering. still love pumps tho :P

This post has been edited by the eggman: 30 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

#2 User is offline   Epic win 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Yardsalesniper312

Posted 30 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

pumps are cool but you should not force them on people BUT! pumps are cool IMO.

#3 User is offline   jolly giant 

• d(-_-)b
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:jolly giant

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

well there not quite my style but theres nothing wrong with them

#4 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

Pumps= win.

About the whole forcing it upon someone, I dislike that supremely. Once I was playing with my A5, and some guy with a PGP wanted me to play pump and was like Man, pump is so much better, semi sucks, etc. Then I pulled out my Splatmaster and he shut up.

If someone is curious about pump, then tell them all about it. Let them borrow your marker. so on and so forth.

It's like being vegetarian. I'm cool with it, just as long as you don't try to force me into believing that I'm wrong and your right and I should convert immediately because all those poor chickens/cows/kittens are tortured etc...

(Not flaming vegetarians, about 10 of my good friends are vegetarians. I tried it for a month and wasn't super hardcore into it, I didn't get enough protein and lost some weight, which is bad for me because I'm already skirting the line of healthy weight by about 10 lbs.)
The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#5 User is offline   the eggman 

• ninjadodjy is always watching you...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:bake-bake

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:17 PM

i am trying to get my lil bro to START OUT pump. he keeps using the excuse "the pumping will wear out my arms...." i told him "not if you are good :D "

#6 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:18 PM

People play pump so they have an excuse for why they suck so bad :D

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#7 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:24 PM

Im feeling this is going to end badly.

People dont hate pumps at all. Its using them that they dont like. You wanna see if somebody is good at paintball? Give them a pump. That is how you see if they are good or are hiding behind a clutch of firepower.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#8 User is offline   Ethrealwolf 

• If we must die, we will die. but we will never yield.
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HALOWOLF

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:31 PM

View Postflorentine, on Aug 30 2008, 09:24 PM, said:

Im feeling this is going to end badly.

People dont hate pumps at all. Its using them that they dont like. You wanna see if somebody is good at paintball? Give them a pump. That is how you see if they are good or are hiding behind a clutch of firepower.

1) crutch
2) we don't like being told "you're only good if you prove it with a pump". I've proven my skill time and again with semiautomatics- and since we've already agreed on this forum that firepower (RoF and ammo load) isn't a significant advantage, the lack of it can't be a significant disadvantage, so playing pump would prove...nothing I haven't already shown.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sounds of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.

http://onpaintball.blogspot.com/

#9 User is offline   Paintsoldier 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:34 PM

All the elitest-like attitudes around here get annoying. It's just what I like to play. I joke around with people wasting paint but, nothing serious like some of the ranting going on here. Oh, well, maybe I just take it too seriously.
a.k.a. old_school_player (techpb), paintsoldier (MCB), paintsoldier8 (PbN)

#10 User is offline   Fenrisulfr 

• They call me "Opsy."
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:BlackOpsGhost

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:37 PM

View PostEthrealwolf, on Aug 30 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

1) crutch
2) we don't like being told "you're only good if you prove it with a pump". I've proven my skill time and again with semiautomatics- and since we've already agreed on this forum that firepower (RoF and ammo load) isn't a significant advantage, the lack of it can't be a significant disadvantage, so playing pump would prove...nothing I haven't already shown.

True all the way.

Playing pump will NEVER make you better. Pump didn't make me better. I made me better simply by being conscious of what I had been doing, and you can do that with ANY gun. I'm not the best, no, not by a long shot. But I'm better than I was last time. I made me do that. Not the gun. Guns don't give +talent buffs in real life. Only experience and know how does.

This post has been edited by Fenrisulfr: 30 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

BOG, that was the most annoying thing I have ever had to endure, and I once watched a whole Teletubbies episode. - Hobo
I don't have MAJOR problems. I have minor annoyances that YOU consider major problems.
WARNING: Extreme sarcasm ahead.

#11 User is offline   HeadshotPhantom 

• Rockin', Cockin', and Class Stockin'
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:HeadshotPhantom

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:41 PM

I like to talk "pump" trash when I play. "Hey you got me, but that kill cost you $8!" Or when you get someone "Your death was worth 2 cents. How does that make you feel?" Lol. Some people laugh, some people cry, and some people actually realize the fact that I'm right. Also a lot of people like to try pump because they see how much fun I'm having with it while I play.

#12 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:05 PM

View PostPaintsoldier, on Aug 31 2008, 12:34 AM, said:

All the elitest-like attitudes around here get annoying. It's just what I like to play. I joke around with people wasting paint but, nothing serious like some of the ranting going on here. Oh, well, maybe I just take it too seriously.

I agree with this statement. Though I play pump, I've been noticing the elitist attitudes around here more lately since I saw a post a while ago about it. It used to be "If you don't like it, don't come to the pump section." but now it's "Deal with it." because that attitude has spread to other parts of the forum. I don't hate pump players, but I hate the attitude some of them have. Just like I don't hate speedballers but I hate the attitudes some of them have. Same goes for woodsball, and I play all three. Ideologies are the same no matter what they concern, some people will hold their own to a higher standard and expect others to as well.

I started playing pump because I wanted to save on paint and the idea that I could improve my playing sounded awesome. I also live rather close to a rental field and that's where I play, so needless to say I don't have much trouble playing semi and wasn't getting better at paintball. Plus the paint costs $100 a case...

To me, pump is like practicing hockey drills with a heavy puck while everyone else is using a normal one, playing a video game with a handicap, or playing Tennis with a small racket. It's less about winning and more about improving. I can't count on firepower when I get into a bad situation, so instead I learn to prevent them. I'm not better than anyone else because I beat them with a pump, it just means that I practiced more or got lucky.

#13 User is offline   BAGELS 

• good stuff^
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:I3agels

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:06 PM

maybe we should leave this thread for the people who DON'T like pumps.

THE INVISI-SIG!
I have no sig, because I am cool like that.
I love my phantom, because it is cool like that....schweet

#14 User is offline   kook 

• leet as the street
  • PipPipPip

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:34 PM

I'm not a fan of playing pump, but I don't have a problem with people playing it.

Live and let live I say.
My SpecOps Feedback

Put This In Your Sig if You Work Long And Hard For Your Paintball Money
I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too.

#15 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

View PostFenrisulfr, on Aug 30 2008, 09:37 PM, said:

View PostEthrealwolf, on Aug 30 2008, 10:31 PM, said:

1) crutch

True all the way.

Playing pump will NEVER make you better. Pump didn't make me better. I made me better simply by being conscious of what I had been doing, and you can do that with ANY gun. I'm not the best, no, not by a long shot. But I'm better than I was last time. I made me do that. Not the gun. Guns don't give +talent buffs in real life. Only experience and know how does.

I dunno, I think that, over time, playing pump will make you a better player-not just by picking up one, but after playing with it. I know I'm a better shot at the very least now having played pump-before I started pumping, I saw something moving, pointed at it and opened up. Now, if someone runs across, I have one, maybe 2 shots to hit them with, so I need to make damn sure they hit. Or, if I'm 'jousting' with someone in an opposing bunker, I can't just use the volume approach-I have to make sure I hit them with the first shot, because I'm not going to get another.

But, again, that is experience. The gun forces you to do it, but still.

Share this topic:

• (6 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users