Special Ops Paintball: What do you do - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What do you do Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: What do you do (55 member(s) have cast votes)

Ok your playing at your local woodsball feild.a capture the flag game 20 on 20 game and things turn for the worse and you just lost half you team with out the opfor ever taking a loss ,what do you do.

1. Call all your squad members back to the deffence. (20 votes [32.26%])

Percentage of vote: 32.26%

2. Try to push on and take thier flag. (19 votes [30.65%])

Percentage of vote: 30.65%

3. surrender. (2 votes [3.23%])

Percentage of vote: 3.23%

4. Other (post) (21 votes [33.87%])

Percentage of vote: 33.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   Galen 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:#33

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:44 AM

Ok i just wanted to see what people would do.

#2 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 20 August 2008 - 10:54 AM

ok assuming i had exactly ten people (you said half) i would put 3 guys on defense and strong side the enemy with the other seven. i have no idea as to how a plan could go that wrong that you just lost half your team in a split second though.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#3 User is offline   TyTy 

• Formerly known as Ty29...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Cpt.Ringo

Posted 20 August 2008 - 11:31 AM

You need to regroup. I'd send out a scout or go myself for the fun of it, someone fast. Figure out where they're coming from and how many are coming. If more than half are on one side stage a lazy D on that side. If it's half and half I'd stage an ambush on one side and try my best to push through. If they're scattered all over push a strong side while leaving a few defenders back. You need to get your act together and make a decision before it's too late. There are a lot of options though.
-Ty

This post has been edited by Ty29: 20 August 2008 - 11:32 AM

#4 User is offline   STAZ211 

• Do it........i dare you
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:STAZ211

Posted 20 August 2008 - 01:06 PM

regroup and leave some for defence, the rest head out twords the enemy flag (stealthy like). make the enemy play to you. if you sit tight and defend, you'll have to play to them, which works in their favor.
"Let he who desires peace prepare for war..."

"Home of the free, because of the brave..."

#5 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 21 August 2008 - 12:19 AM

by defense we are assuming some sort of bunkers, etc? if some sort of fort, or heavy bunker area is being used for the flag base, then the remaining 10 players need to set up a good defensive line to whittle down the bloodthirsty horde of attacking players. With good defensive positions, the common ratio for attacking is usually 3-1. with only a 2-1 ratio (or less if any attackers were left to defend the flag), the odds play in the defense's favor.

Remember: they win if they get your flag. by taking a few members off your defense to mount a small raid on their flag, chances are they will power through your numerically smaller defense before your small attack squad can break through theirs.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#6 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 21 August 2008 - 04:30 AM

View PostSTAZ211, on Aug 20 2008, 04:06 PM, said:

regroup and leave some for defence, the rest head out twords the enemy flag (stealthy like). make the enemy play to you. if you sit tight and defend, you'll have to play to them, which works in their favor.

DITTO!

#7 User is offline   deathcon 1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:joker12

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

FIRST, you need to regroup whats left of your team and get your flankers going because you need to get back on the attack. Just use a lot of flanking manuvers and you should be able to pick them apart.
:D
IF TIS WHORTH DOING ITS WHORTH OVER-DOING.
AS A GREAT PAINTBALLER ONCE SAID: LEAD,FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY.

#8 User is offline   GunRunner7 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:GunRunner7

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:11 PM

Well, I would put some guys back on defense, send a small group on to flank and make all kinds of ruckus. That would hopefully distract their group and I would power the rest of the squad on the other flank. Just keep pushing.

When I die, I want to go sleeping peacefully like my grandfather did.......not screaming like the passengers in his car.

#9 User is offline   Voky 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:TOP NOTCH

Posted 21 August 2008 - 01:12 PM

I say do a mad, Kamakazi dash for the flag.
Lover of Chick-fil-A #1
PM me for a #
Alabamian #1

#10 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 28 August 2008 - 11:21 PM

View PostVoky, on Aug 21 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

I say do a mad, Kamakazi dash for the flag.

...actually, if the numbers were a bit smaller (eg. a 10 vs 10, so 5 v 10) i'd pull that. do the unexpected (eg. rush forward instead of fall back), and in the first few seconds it takes the opfor to figure out what the hell you're doing/ get over the shock of "he can't seriously be trying that," you can even up the numbers. Suppression fire is amazing, let me tell ya
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#11 User is offline   Knight Hiro 

• Knight Hiro
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Knight Hiro

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:01 AM

ok so i assume that the attackers are allready out in the field. its now two to one what you wanna do is stage a fighting retreat. Making the attackers pay for every inch they gain. make sure to keep an accurate count. And as you probably fell into an ambush (thats why you just lost half your guys) the other team is going to try to finish you off quickly. If you have some snipers left (gillie suit type) get them out of the nitty gritty retreat and into some ambush positions. You wont havemjuch time to do this so make sure your attackers are mobile (should have been done before game begain) In the confusion it might even be possible to sneak a guy behind their lines while retreating. Once back at the base. fortify the side they are coming from. thin their ranks. if you were able to sneak that guy around have him let them have it from behind. Once youve taken a significant number of them out, go on offense, attack their base ands whats left of their defense from at least two sides and get the flag.
Warriors unite its time for the end of the world!!!!

#12 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:13 AM

I'd pull my guys back, keep 4 on defense and send my best seven to their weak side to capture their flag and take down some of the Opfor.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#13 User is offline   lethalpanther 

• OOO a lizard!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:lethalpanther1

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:22 PM

send a scout of some snipers to slow them down, make a lazy D defense, or just make everybody huddle *near* the base. When their group runs in expecting someone, and they find nobody, they'll let their guard down allowing for some easy pickings
It's only a game, you don't need to be afaid of anyone, except for ONE person. Its not the teenager with a marker worth more than your car. Its not the SPPL player with about 35 BPS firing rate. Its the 40 year old guy lying in a corner, taking a nap before the game begins. His camo will probably be old, and he will most likely be toting a pump. He's been playing since before you were born, and if he mentions how much he didn't like when he had to play with oil based paintballs, make SURE he is on your team. This guy is a ghost.-Match99
Your grace...Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought honourably. And Rhaegar died. - Ser Jorah Mormont

#14 Guest_Woodland Warrior_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:12 PM

I would leave 3 guys at the flag to defend. Send 3 more people to slow the enemy's advance. Then, take the remaining 5 people, swing around the enemy flank, and capture their flag. When you take it, rush out and hit them from behind. With any luck they will be caught in the crossfire and be taken out.

#15 User is offline   UD 80 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:56 PM

i would put most of my men on D but 2 of my men (daggers or ambush snipers) would harrass the enemy as they get closer, think hit and run, once they fell back to the line they would get there BUTTS on it.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users