• You cannot reply to this topic

It's Redleg!!! I'm Back! (to the internet...) Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   MASER 

• I am SciFi
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MASER

Posted 03 August 2008 - 10:20 AM

Good to hear all is well. Stay safe over there Sarge!

Binary Specter: Scenario Paintball Team
"Haven't you read the Super Villain's Handbook? This is where you're supposed to twirl your mustache and gloat."
"We're not going in circles, nimrod, 'cause we've never been here before. We're completely lost."

#32 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:27 AM

View Postredleg_64, on Aug 2 2008, 12:57 PM, said:

Well, I'm back.

I finally have an internet connection in my room and I have a new computer too. It has been a while since I've been here, and a lot has happened in the last several months. For those that don't know me, I used to be a pretty active guy on the forums who was selected to be a moderator a while ago. I'm a soldier in the US Army and I've been serving for five years now. I have a tour to South Korea under my belt and I'm currently deployed on my second tour to the great nation of Iraq.

I was promoted to sergeant on May 1st and since then I've been both rewarded and challenged as a result of the promotion. Things still are boring as hell around here, but that's alright. My platoon was moved to another area of the FOB a little while ago. We have a horse shoe pit, a fishing hole, front yards, fire pits, a tree, and a firing range thirty feet away from my front door. There are some nice things about the area, but the firing range isn't one of them. People shoot early in the morning to avoid the 120 degree heat in the afternoon. I have to walk a half mile to get to the chow hall from here. The mortar pit is nearby and the thing shakes our building whenever they fire off the rounds. Right now we only have another five months to go in this deployment. If we were here for a year-long tour we would be preparing to leave, but we are here for fifteen months.

I'm looking forward to playing some more paintball when I get back to the States. I got burned out last year, but after this long break I think I'll be alright. I should have a little money saved up so I can buy top of the line gear. I've always wanted a $1,500 marker, lol. I'm going to try to upload a few photos for you guys to see, but I don't know if the internet connection is fast enough for that.

welcome back Redleg

Ekima

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users