Special Ops Paintball: BT TM-7 - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BT TM-7 Any word? Any reviews? Post'em up! Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

Poll: BT TM-7 (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you buy one?

1. Yes (37 votes [58.73%])

Percentage of vote: 58.73%

2. No (3 votes [4.76%])

Percentage of vote: 4.76%

3. I'd have to do more research.... (6 votes [9.52%])

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

4. Dude, I'm flat broke right now. (17 votes [26.98%])

Percentage of vote: 26.98%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 User is offline   planb87 

• Plan B
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Plan_B

Post icon  Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:56 PM

So as most of you already know, BT has released a new woodsball marker built off of Mini Technology. To cut straight to the point, I think this gun may have some serious potential and I'm looking for any personal reviews from fellow players that have used this marker. Now here's what I don't want to hear........ NO EXTREME BIAS. It can sometimes get a bit childish. If you aren't a fan of BT markers or you have never had any experience using this marker then don't bother commenting. But hey! If you have used it, fill us in!

Thanks!

This post has been edited by planb87: 22 July 2008 - 01:57 PM

#2 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 22 July 2008 - 01:58 PM

nevermind.
Aloha, Doug

This post has been edited by dougdeb: 22 July 2008 - 02:00 PM

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#3 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:John Hatcher

Posted 08 August 2008 - 06:55 AM

Just picked mine up two days ago. I love it as of now can't give you much of a review as of yet but i'll keep you posted.

#4 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:09 AM

Team F.E.A.R's hands on first look at the brand new BT TM-7!

*NEW* Videos Review/Maintenance:
Maintenance Video: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38350
Test/Review Video 1: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38380
Test Video 2:http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38639
Test Video 3: http://www.viddyou.c...m?videoid=38793

*NEW*Written Review

My initial impressions of the gun are that of great happiness. The stock barrel is insanely accurate but a bit on the loud side. This is due to it being so short (9 inches and .691 Bore Size) and the porting not coming until the very end of the barrel. Though it is not a problem for me it maybe for others.
The gun is extremely light for a fully decked out milsim gun (2.5 pounds)...even with a hopper on the gun there is still nothing to it!
The kick in ramping and FA is barely noticeable out of the box and will only get better as the spring breaks in. Just secure the stock on your shoulder and you're good to go.
The gun is also very efficient from the get go. I was shooting a full hopper of paint and only using 250-300 PSI in my CF 68/4500. Again once the reg breaks in this will only get better.
Switching firing modes is fast and easy. You can go between every firing mode in a matter of seconds and be prepared for what ever the battle brings your way.
The battery changing system is by far the best I have seen on any gun. It is incredibly fast and easy, you can change a battery out in less than 5 seconds with no tools.
The velocity is also very easy to adjust requiring only an allen key small enough to fit in the adjustment hole that needs to be turned near the battery door.
The trigger has 4 adjustment locations that can change the feel of the trigger to meet anyone‚€™s preferences. I choose to keep it stock as I loved the way it felt right out of the box. Was a very light pull and very responsive.
It also come with an awesome barrel sock, a helpful manual, and a nice parts kit with a spare of almost everything you need to rebuild the gun including an extra set of detents and lube.

Now onto my gripes....come on nothing is perfect.
The stock does not lock into place when the stock is pushed all the way in. This is not a bad thing really as it makes pulling the stock out very easy to do when needed in the heat of battle. There are indents in the stock for it to lock in that position, but it looks like the stock won't slide in far enough to catch them.
The foldable fore grip is only 2 position, open and closed. Most others are 3-5 position. Although it is obvious it is a cheap grip it is still very comfortable.
Due to the way the hopper sits on the marker you are limited as to what you can mount on the back rail. Most large dot sights and scopes will not clear the hopper. A ripclip, qloader, or an offset mounting rail will fix this.
The stock grips are kind of hard, but still very nice and have finger grooves for increased grip.
It hasn't happened yet, but I am afraid the select fire switch labels are going to wear off with continued mode switching. The same way as my X7's did.
You have to split the shell to get to the bolt. Not anymore work than an A5 or and X7 but compared to the Mini and other speedball type markers this is a lot of work.
First time I took it apart I was afraid of breaking the eye and battery wires on the inside of the gun when I had to disconnect them to remove the internals. As long as you go slow and are careful you have nothing to worry about though.

All in all I would give this gun a 9/10 right out of the box. For the price you pay for this marker you are getting one heck of a value! Nothing needs to be done to this marker for it to compete with any other gun you will run into on any field.

Without further adieu the pics:

The Unboxing:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

With a Halo B attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

With a Eggy 2 attached:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Size Comparisons!

SP SP1 vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

BT Delta vs. BT TM-7:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Please feel free to leave Feedbacks and Comments!

#5 User is offline   SOGSnakebite 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Snakebite1967

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:31 AM

My team is already half outfitted with the TM7 the rest as soon as units become available

#6 User is offline   Enhander 

• Enhander
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Enhander

Posted 08 August 2008 - 07:34 AM

Its an amazing marker...one of the best Ive ever shot.

#7 User is offline   Snagletooth 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Big Papa Pink

Posted 12 August 2008 - 08:18 PM

Hello Gents,
I canít say enough good things about the TM7. I played with mine for the first time this past weekend; even in a downpour it continued to function flawlessly. I was playing with a gravity-fed hopper so the rate of fire was not at itís best, but once the rip-clip is available it will resolve that issue. I would highly recommend one. I would also recommend the 4 inch Stiffi/SO C-Series barrel with the Apex adaptor. What a sunning combination; Iíll post a picture when I can, but it played as well as it looked.
Domination Through Saturation

#8 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:17 PM

Very interested in 4" stiffi barrel. Where are those pics?

#9 User is offline   SOGSnakebite 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 04:50 AM

8k fired thru mine now no problems accurate efficient light marker just love it ....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 User is offline   RAYC22B 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:36 PM

SOGSnakebite I see your running it with a remote looks good. I'm waiting on a thread saver for mine becuase my shop said I should use one what do you think I read that post on PB nation about that kid that says it flexs. I shot one with a big fiber tank and I didn't feel that what about you? OH yeah hows the ripclip?

This post has been edited by RAYC22B: 26 August 2008 - 05:37 PM

#11 User is offline   SOGSnakebite 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:10 AM

I run a back up 48/3000 in a pouch and on long battles i have had to run Bottle on marker and i havent noticed too much flex , generaly i just leave my remote nipple in the reg and have had no issues what so ever.

The Rip just well Rips lol on the TM7 i love the package

#12 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 August 2008 - 10:46 AM

You guys are going to make me buy something i dont have the money for.
i saw one of these last time i played and it was awesome. the owner let me hold it and its so much lighter than it looks, but it doesnt feel like cheapo plastic.

This post has been edited by mass destruction: 27 August 2008 - 10:48 AM

(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#13 User is offline   Phillyblunts 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Phillyblunts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

Ordered one of these today. Went with 3 day shipping, so it should be here shortly. I'll post pictures and whatnot then I'll give a review when I play with it.
Its not about out running the bear, its about out running YOU.

#14 User is offline   paintballer_08 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:paintballer_08

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

Wow! I want one!! Thank you guys for the pics, the videos, and all the information. I now know what I want for Christmas!! :P Man that is just sweet...

#15 User is offline   SOGSnakebite 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:26 PM

Its a fantastic marker for sure

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic