Special Ops Paintball: reball/marble? - Special Ops Paintball

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

reball/marble? It hurt. Have a 3rd degree concusion now Rate Topic: -----

#151 User is offline   M.O.P. 

• Group: Penquin Mafia ....... no you can't join.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

yea youre right i just was sayin that cheating happens everywhere. were the people that used the reballs caught or did they just get away with it
................ Flippy the Wonder Bunny, Ace and MaDuce like ducks with a passion. My color is white. Morrowind addict.

#152 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Millslane

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

People who cheat where i play get a Judge Punch. 2 punches and you are expelled from the event with no refund. Judge Punches are given for shoot hot (anything above 280) wiping, bonus balling, and playing on.

There are a few things you can do which will get you kicked out without a single warning. Most of the additional unsafe crap that happens at Ion would get you expelled froma Viper game with out a single warning. you should know better!

#153 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

View PostCertifiedPaintballer, on Jul 14 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

View PostMillslane, on Jul 14 2008, 03:21 PM, said:

why the hell are you guys still going to this event? It was a absolute nightmare last year and from reading this thread, nothing has changed. Why would anyone play this event? Its not worth it, the field should be shut down and the owners should be put in jail and fined.

A lot has changed actually. And how is this the owners fault anyway?

See my earlier post. Skirmish is the only place this happens, and there are other events of similar scope and size. Explain to me why it happens only there and not at D-Day. The only explanation to me is the staff and/or owner.

As for "a lot has changed," I'll agree when I see a year of Skirmish go by without an incident like this.
Member of Team Akkadian

#154 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

View PostMerchant of Paint, on Jul 14 2008, 02:39 PM, said:

yea youre right i just was sayin that cheating happens everywhere. were the people that used the reballs caught or did they just get away with it

But how can this happen year after year??? And nobody does anything about it? The refs and owners apparently don't do anything to prevent it and if they are, they need to do more. Its not worth injuring yourself by saying "well, they can't catch everyone"

This is a real problem and it won't change until the players make it change by speaking up by not supporting the event until they do what needs to be done to make those changes.

This weekend we had a player go down at a Viper game. She snapped her ankle somehow. Players ran to her side, the refs told Viper, he blew the signal and all players on the field dropped their markers to the ground and took a knee all over the field. Not a single shot was fired. We were told that it would be a while and to bag up our markers, turn them off and walk off the field. This was all done in less than a few short minutes and the field was cleared. Yes, it can be done but not without the owners and producers wanting it to happen.

#155 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:45 PM

View PostThalion, on Jul 14 2008, 03:42 PM, said:

why the hell are you guys still going to this event? It was a absolute nightmare last year and from reading this thread, nothing has changed. Why would anyone play this event? Its not worth it, the field should be shut down and the owners should be put in jail and fined.

A lot has changed actually. And how is this the owners fault anyway?

See my earlier post. Skirmish is the only place this happens, and there are other events of similar scope and size. Explain to me why it happens only there and not at D-Day. The only explanation to me is the staff and/or owner.

As for "a lot has changed," I'll agree when I see a year of Skirmish go by without an incident like this.

Well, you can ask a lot of the other players that were there. It wasn't perfect, but they improved, and the refs were running around try to find the people (just like im sure theyd do at D-day)

#156 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:47 PM

Can a admin please close this thread now? Its really getting out of hand.

#157 User is offline   CertifiedPaintballer 

• Forum Newbie
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:certified paintballer

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

View PostDeltaX, on Jul 14 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

Can a admin please close this thread now? Its really getting out of hand.

Well Puz is in here

#158 User is offline   Millslane 

• i give up
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:48 PM

A lot has changed actually. And how is this the owners fault anyway? I mean, they could of done a lot more other years, but I think they actually tried to find the people this year that were shooting re-balls, and if the stories are correct, than they did catch some of the people.

And I agree, close the thread, because I don't think it is going to just die out.

But it still happened. Were the police called on these people? Were they charged with assault? Were they arrested? Until it stops, the field owners can always do more. Its their fault that they let it get this bad in the first place. Don't think that we, the players, are stuck and have no other choices. Most field and owners are not filthy rich and actually do have to continue to do well in order to stay open. We are the real voice, stop letting bad fields and bad owners put you in harms way. Speak with your wallets, they will listen.

#159 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:50 PM

View PostCertifiedPaintballer, on Jul 14 2008, 02:45 PM, said:

Well, you can ask a lot of the other players that were there. It wasn't perfect, but they improved, and the refs were running around try to find the people (just like im sure theyd do at D-day)

I'd have to double check with one of the higher ranking officers, but I'm pretty sure I didn't see a single ref dedicated to "running around trying to fin the people." If a ref saw something up in their area, they'd jump on it.

It speaks a lot about a field if this incident is considered "improvement." Millslane got it right - it isn't worth the safety risk to say "it improved" or "not everyone can be caught in a game that size."
Member of Team Akkadian

#160 User is offline   DeltaX 

• ION Spec Ops Leader
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DeltaX

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:51 PM

Okay man, we all hear what you are saying. Just like the people before you. This thread was made so I can tell my story and tell you how well I making through life at the moment. Now that I'm fine, we can close the thread.

#161 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:56 PM

View PostDeltaX, on Jul 14 2008, 03:51 PM, said:

Okay man, we all hear what you are saying. Just like the people before you. This thread was made so I can tell my story and tell you how well I making through life at the moment. Now that I'm fine, we can close the thread.

Done
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

Share this topic:

• (11 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users