Special Ops Paintball: So you have the Ion Longbow. Now what? - Special Ops Paintball

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

So you have the Ion Longbow. Now what? Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#31 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:53 PM

I say it's worth it. My buddy with the longbow, when it was a tac, could do a 3-shot burst from 150+ft, and three rounds would hit you in the chest. He's done it to me, the fatherless man. He's one for gun problems; he's positively plagued with them. But even the problems he had with the tac didn't put him out of the game. Five or ten minutes and he was up and running again. It's a great marker, it'll shoot as fast as you can pull the trigger. And if you do desire a "mouse-click" trigger, like I say, Pneumag it. Pneumagging involves making the trigger trip a valve that supplies air to a ram, which trips the sear and subsequently fires the marker. Makes for an awfully light, short, mechanical trigger pull.

But regardless of all the good we say, you might get a mag and hate it. Regardless of how good a marker is, personal preference is always the biggest factor. Case in point: I was looking for a high-end semi for scenario play. I ended up purchasing a PPS Blazer. The blazer lived up to everything people told me...light, accurate, easy to clean, reliable, etc. I went to DDAY this year with the idea of using it, and touched it once the whole week. I liked the blazer, but I just found myself playing pump more often. Was the blazer great? Hell yeah it was. Was it for me? No. I would definitely recommend you at least try a mag at some point, even if you do end up getting an Ion.
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#32 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:28 PM

well, don't worry, i think you all have me convinced. i'm probably not going to go with the ion. a few of my good friends do have them, and i do know of the problems you have talked about. i've been there on the field when something went wrong with it and they were out for 5 games+ if not the rest of the day, trying to figure out what was wrong. i'll definitely be doing some more research and looking into an AGD.

matt- i do have several pump buddies, and i have thought about getting into them. still haven't decided if i'm going to or not.

#33 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 13 July 2008 - 07:48 PM

Ask one of your buddies if you can borrow their pump for a few games, then decide. Phantom's are soooo nice.

#34 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:26 PM

so now that the ion is out and the tac-one is in for consideration....

what's the operating pressure for it? i'm having a hard time figuring out what it is. should i run LPA or HPA on it?

also, what kind of thread does it take for barrels?

This post has been edited by Brainshot: 13 July 2008 - 10:28 PM

#35 User is offline   Reapa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Reapa

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:22 PM

:ghillie: it has cocker threads and i have used mine for at least a year since it came out LOL i love my lb mags never break down thye are hpa and operating is 800 rt 1200 yea big gas hogs but when one shot counts who cares

View PostBrainshot, on Jul 14 2008, 01:26 AM, said:

so now that the ion is out and the tac-one is in for consideration....

what's the operating pressure for it? i'm having a hard time figuring out what it is. should i run LPA or HPA on it?

also, what kind of thread does it take for barrels?

[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=57886"]Official ref#69[/topic]

#36 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:47 PM

is there anyone else that can explain the operating pressure and the HPA/LPA air situation? no offense man, but i really had no idea what you were saying with the spelling/grammar mistakes in there.

#37 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

Yeah, she needs high pressure air, but I don't know that 1,200 will ever be necessary...

#38 User is offline   Reapa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2008 - 11:59 PM

View PostBrainshot, on Jul 14 2008, 02:47 AM, said:

is there anyone else that can explain the operating pressure and the HPA/LPA air situation? no offense man, but i really had no idea what you were saying with the spelling/grammar mistakes in there.

okie we will try this again www.automags.org answers all your questions :ghillie: since they was misspelled so badly

1000-1200 = rt on an xvalve
air (regular valve) 800psi

my grammer isnt perfect but when it comes to mags i have owned my own .com over it ;D

This post has been edited by Reapa: 14 July 2008 - 12:01 AM

[topic="http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=57886"]Official ref#69[/topic]

#39 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 14 July 2008 - 12:18 AM

View PostReapa, on Jul 13 2008, 11:59 PM, said:

okie we will try this again www.automags.org answers all your questions :( since they was misspelled so badly

my grammer isnt perfect but when it comes to mags i have owned my own .com over it ;D

I still didn't get those parts...

#40 User is offline   Reapa 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:56 AM

View PostWoodsball Freak, on Jul 14 2008, 03:18 AM, said:

View PostReapa, on Jul 13 2008, 11:59 PM, said:

okie we will try this again www.automags.org answers all your questions :( since they was misspelled so badly

I still didn't get those parts...

you have got to be kidding me im good with guns bad with typing..... the 800 psi is the regular operating pressure for mags

#41 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 02:53 AM

ha, sorry about that. i gotcha now. thanks. so, get an HPA tank, right?

#42 User is offline   Matt 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 July 2008 - 06:48 AM

Yes.

#43 Guest_Woodsball Freak_*

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

View PostBrainshot, on Jul 14 2008, 02:53 AM, said:

ha, sorry about that. i gotcha now. thanks. so, get an HPA tank, right?

Lol, I forgot to answer the question, yes.

#44 User is offline   Hatchet 

• Certified Pump-Ninja
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Hatchet88

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:47 AM

You know, Brainshot...you don't need an HPA tank if you buy a Phantom! :laugh:
The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.

^I think I'll just leave it that way. It suits me.

#45 User is offline   Brainshot 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:36 AM

View PostHatchet, on Jul 15 2008, 07:17 PM, said:

You know, Brainshot...you don't need an HPA tank if you buy a Phantom! :D

ha, you know, i've actually been thinking about it now. i've played with my friends autococker pump and really liked it. i know the phantom feeds differently, but if i go with one i'll probably go with the phantom. how is the stock barrel?

... it's still really hard to pass on the AGD Longbow. maybe i should get both.

Share this topic:

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users