• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ricers? Tuners? whichever you prefer to call them Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

it might be a f23 after doing a little more research and its more than likely a f23
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#47 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

View Postt_boneshacone, on Jul 15 2008, 09:54 PM, said:

it might be a f23 after doing a little more research and its more than likely a f23

well its a newer motor, so i would imagine it has potential, however i have heard nothing about this motor.

#48 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

i aint totally sure yet
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#49 User is offline   EPIC Sword 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:25 PM

i would say skip the f23 and go for the h23 as soon as the d16 gives out in my buds civic we are droppin one into it and yeah i hear they have great potential
TACO BELLER #4
Group banned: # 7
"he survived fie shots to the face and one to the stomach, give this guy a klondike bar!"~ the eggman

#50 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:01 PM

spam much?

On topic:
I am thinking more and more about what I want to buy in a vehicle. I at first wanted a 4x4 truck or blazer or maybe a jeep. With gas though I don't know that I could afford it. With your guys' performance upgrades do you still get good gas mileage?

#51 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

Spam cleaned up and warning issued.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#52 User is offline   Warriortothecore882 

• out of retirement
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warriortothecore882

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:31 AM

View PostMighty Mike, on Jul 16 2008, 02:01 AM, said:

spam much?

On topic:
I am thinking more and more about what I want to buy in a vehicle. I at first wanted a 4x4 truck or blazer or maybe a jeep. With gas though I don't know that I could afford it. With your guys' performance upgrades do you still get good gas mileage?

It depends on what you do. As you increase your power, you will increase the amount of fuel you use, so you would lose some mpg's. It all depends on what you do to it and how it's tuned, really.

On topic, I'm not a huge fan of most ricers, only because they are cars that have potential, yet are done so poorly. I drive a 2000 Ford Mustang with the 3.8L V6. To be honest, this motor disappoints me, but its quick enough for me until I'm out of school and can get a V8. One thing I love seeing is the huge spoiler on the FWD cars, makes me laugh every time.

Fortem et Honorem - Strength and Honor

#53 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:11 AM

Honda S2000
Toyota Supra
Subaru WRX STi
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Lexus LF-A
Nissan 300ZX TT
Nissan GT-R
Nissan Skylline
Nissan 350Z

There are two kinds of imported cars from Japan: the performance-orientated onces and the econoboxes. WHen someone tries to modify an econobox, 90% of the time it will end up a ricer. There are still a lot of people that know how to properly build an Accord, Civic, or IS300.

But as you see above, there's a whole nother class. The performance guys. Not only are they fast as hell, they HANDLE WELL. And when I say they handle well, I mean they're excellent in the corners. American cars have never handled well. Did you know that, when edmunds did a heads up against the 319-horse 2007 Shelby Mustang GT and the new 305-horse Subaru WRX STi, the Subi beat it in 44 out of 46 performance categories, inlcluding the drag race? Did you know that a 1992 300ZX TT will beat a 2002 Mustang GT in every single possible performance category there is, despite being 10 years older? Did you know that the Nissan GT-R runs side by side with the 638-horse ZR1, even though it weighs 600 pounds more and has only 480 horses?

That's right, it's all about build quality and all-around performance, not peak torque or largest engine displacement. REAL imports don't deserve to be called rice. Start recognizing the difference because it's making Japanese cars look bad.

#54 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 16 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

View PostEPIC Sword, on Jul 15 2008, 10:25 PM, said:

i would say skip the f23 and go for the h23 as soon as the d16 gives out in my buds civic we are droppin one into it and yeah i hear they have great potential

isnt the h23 non vtec? id say go with the h22

#55 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

the h23 is non v-tec but not a bad motor overall, the f23a1 i have is v-tec, and its displacement ratio is 9-3-1 i reckon thats decent for a stock car, i have a intake and muffler i think all together i would have a hp gain of maybe 15, maybe, displacement ratio probably wont change at all, until i get new pistons cams and the such
-Tenacious

-thisissparta

#56 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

I wasn't looking to mod an econobox but just wondering if a tuner would be able to get better mileage. I guess though just about anything is better than 4wd

#57 User is offline   Philipp122 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Philipp122

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:40 PM

^Yes, Japanese cars get better gas mileage per horsepower than American cars, excluding of course RX7s and RX8s because rotary engines are fuelaholics.

#58 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:42 PM

View PostPhilipp122, on Jul 16 2008, 12:40 PM, said:

^Yes, Japanese cars get better gas mileage per horsepower than American cars, excluding of course RX7s and RX8s because rotary engines are fuelaholics.

Thanks man

#59 User is offline   EPIC Sword 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:03 PM

yeah id keep the f23a1 you have and just start from there intake exhaust stage 3 chip
TACO BELLER #4
Group banned: # 7
"he survived fie shots to the face and one to the stomach, give this guy a klondike bar!"~ the eggman

#60 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:29 PM

got an intake, and muffler, working on the whole exhaust setup headers, pipes, and stuff for easier bolt on stuff, then ill probably go more deeper into the motor after that, like intake manifolds, throttle bodies, pistons, the block on mine is pretty good from what i have read, cams, but thats alot later, and can you tell me what a stage 3 chip is
-Tenacious

-thisissparta

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users