• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ricers? Tuners? whichever you prefer to call them Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   t_boneshacone 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:t-bone

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

But they are fun, i got me a 98 accord, its in progress right now, but i got me a cold air intake, and the thing roars now, and its a pretty quick car to begin with, yes its a 4 banger, good on gas and pretty fast i can deal with, its probably as fast as anything thats in my town right now lol, i am going to get new headers eventually, and probably exhausts, a body kit to stand out, gotta stand out, and some handling stuff eventually too lol. I just wanted to tell everyone that i drive a ricer and i like it, so who else drives and or likes them, and if you dont like them, let it be known lol
Thats like walking into a room and saying 'Chocolate Cake' and then walking out...nobody knows what you mean.
-Tenacious

I bet my gun-whore (nah- not a gun whore yet- more of a gun-skank. or whatever comes before whore... Catholic Schoolgirl? :P) senses will kick in and then I'll end up with something else...
-thisissparta

#2 User is offline   Veritech Squad 

• Come at me bro.
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:19 PM

Didn't we have an entire thread against these?
Wretched is the sound of my voice.

IN MY DROPSHIP ZIGZAGS STAY LIT

#3 User is offline   blackcelldrumr15 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:25 PM

You know, I was thinking the same thing about having that thread....

But either way, if it is something they enjoy, more power to them!

Sooo, I'll get out of the way and let the conversations begin...
Posted Image
Facebook - Group: Banned #18
PMR - P90 Ion FOR SALE - System X Sniper

#4 User is offline   mtaylor 

• Lacking Creativity
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:mtaylor

Posted 09 July 2008 - 09:33 PM

I have nothing against performance upgrades

It's the kids who glue a bodykit onto their civic and a coffee can onto their tailpipe that irritate me.

Also-Stickers=fail
Stickers for performance companies that you don't actually have parts from=epic fail.

<Insert Sig Here>

#5 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:04 PM

I like tuner cars. There's quite a bit you can do to them, even to the point where they beat American Muscle on the 1/4 dragstrip.

I'm a really big fan of the Lancer Evolutions, Nissan Skylines and Mazda RX-7s.

#6 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:09 PM

Bone stock 2001 Mercury Cougar with a 170 HP 2.5L Duratec. It's a good way to ruin a ricer's day because that engine actually pulls. No, I don't race. But when I'm accelerating to get on the freeway, I don't have any problems pulling away from the pack.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#7 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:StupidWhiteBoy

Posted 09 July 2008 - 10:48 PM

i always hated ricers and always talked bad about them. one day one of my friend's buddies brought over a 96 civic which he swore up and down that it eats mustang cobras. i found this to be a very stupid thing to try to convince people otherwise and made it pretty clear that i didnt believe him. he decided to prove himself and brought me for a test drive....and to say the least i felt very stupid. found out he had the motor swapped with a fully built b18 (which i think is from an integra gsr, could be wrong tho). he litterally had everything possible done to that motor, and he sure wasnt lying when he said it was fast.

#8 User is offline   CHIsassin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:CHIsassin

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:11 PM

I dont care for them. Mostly because the people that "think" they "tune" them only put on an aluminum baseball for an exhaust and the huge spoilers and then the spacers on the wheels. So I suggest dont put on a body kit unless your gonna buy one thats like 5g's atleast. And if you do put an exhaust on pleeeease put a header on so it atleast sounds decent, also chip it at the same time. get your power as you want it...

#9 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:23 PM

View PostCHIsassin, on Jul 9 2008, 11:11 PM, said:

I dont care for them. Mostly because the people that "think" they "tune" them only put on an aluminum baseball for an exhaust and the huge spoilers and then the spacers on the wheels. So I suggest dont put on a body kit unless your gonna buy one thats like 5g's atleast. And if you do put an exhaust on pleeeease put a header on so it atleast sounds decent, also chip it at the same time. get your power as you want it...

5g's for a body kit? i hate them too, but there are decent ones out there that are much cheaper. 5g's could get you a very nice h22 and probably cover installation as well.

i would buy rims and get the car freshly painted, maybie a billet grill, i like a very clean look, rather than bodykits.

headers and a muffler still wont sound right, your best bet is to replace all the headers, cats, and piping, but that is pricey, if anything i would go with a cat back system and add the rest later on.

i cant decide on wheather or not i want to buy a swapped crx or fix up the caddy i got.

This post has been edited by 508WoodsBall: 09 July 2008 - 11:28 PM

#10 User is offline   CHIsassin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:31 PM

Yes theyre some cheapers ones..But you need quality..Not all bolt up kits are good.. Not all are gonna line up when you got cheaper.. You can get them even painted to exact body color instead of getting sent primared..and so on

#11 User is offline   508WoodsBall 

• 3POX1 5/19/09
  • PipPip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:34 PM

View PostCHIsassin, on Jul 9 2008, 11:31 PM, said:

Yes theyre some cheapers ones..But you need quality..Not all bolt up kits are good.. Not all are gonna line up when you got cheaper.. You can get them even painted to exact body color instead of getting sent primared..and so on

thats true too. i honestly do not see a pont to them, maybie if your car is going in a wind tunnel and the body kit is being custom made for you to improve you aerodynamics it is just adding weight and i wouldnt doubt that it could actually increased drag too. not to mention a lot of them look terrible.

This post has been edited by 508WoodsBall: 09 July 2008 - 11:35 PM

#12 User is offline   CHIsassin 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:40 PM

View Post508WoodsBall, on Jul 10 2008, 01:34 AM, said:

View PostCHIsassin, on Jul 9 2008, 11:31 PM, said:

thats true too. i honestly do not see a pont to them, maybie if your car is going in a wind tunnel and the body kit is being custom made for you to improve you aerodynamics it is just adding weight and i wouldnt doubt that it could actually increased drag too. not to mention a lot of them look terrible.

Yes I completely agree..I dont care..But if he wants to go that way..Better go all or nothing other wise it just looks dooky..

#13 User is offline   C0N0R 

• whose the guy who horked our clothes eh?
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mad Sabre

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:23 AM

View PostVeritech Squad, on Jul 9 2008, 09:19 PM, said:

Didn't we have an entire thread against these?

yes we did,

sometimes you can actually find someone who has a performance minded "tuner" while the other 99% of the time its some idiot buying horrible sounding exhausts and ugly rims with his paychecks from mcdonalds

for example-
twin turbo toyota supra- TUNER

almost all honda civics- RICE

i dont even like imports...
SO's own Guitar player/luthier (builder), ask me any questions about guitars or guitar building.
brownie points-15
Gear- Jackson DX10D with OFR, Tremol-no, and concentric pots. Schecter omen 6 with... wait.. wrong forum..
Hope you plan on keeping it, resale on big pickups is dropping faster than your mom's skirt-aqua__scummm

#14 User is offline   Boost_Junkie 

• Headshots... 50% off
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Stinky Bush

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:36 AM

I have a 2006 Subaru WRX STi. Bolt ons and a tune got me 325hp and 370tq.

Manny

#15 User is offline   Digital Pirate 

• Commonwealth Expeditionary Force
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Moderators
  • Brigade Name:DigitalPirate

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:48 AM

View PostBoost_Junkie, on Jul 10 2008, 06:36 AM, said:

I have a 2006 Subaru WRX STi. Bolt ons and a tune got me 325hp and 370tq.

Manny

WRX Sti's are sexy cars.

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users