Machine Gunner A cost cutting solution to the Heavy Gunner Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:24 AM

View PostJJ GBR, on Jul 16 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

Hey, iron man, don't lean too far over backwards, your spine will snap!! And on to the machine gunner thing, why not just have one big gas tank? And i don't see what prevents a broadsword from having a bipod (apart from them being farely useful - the bipod that is). Or even better, instead of a machine gunner, why not just have a broadsword and a sabre paired together - far more versatile.

Well we'll just wait for him to fall over before we rush him. It will be like shooting a turtle!
The point of a hammer is that you don't need to have any two or more people paired together, a hammer is a single unit with the firepower of two or more people. Therefore, if there was an objective that needed to be defended and you were running low on squad support, you could easily leave the hammer to defend one key section of the defense while using the rest of the squad to defend other parts. Let's not even talk about the force multiplier or intimidation factor involved in having one on your team.

Having that much firepower contained by a single unit is a godsend in most battles, it requires far less coordination to release the hellstorm of paint on a location, and in the case that the opfor is far away, the hammer could simply aim up and rain paint on them, hopefully having some breaks or at least make them retreat where the flanking squad could ambush and wipe them. The uses are simply endless. The fact is, having a single unit with two guns is better then two units with two guns, at least in a squad it is.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#32 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 16 July 2008 - 10:36 AM

^^ you get an A in hammernomics. ;)

(you know, this isnt the first time ive been threatened to be toppled and stranded like a turtle. a former teammate said the same thing once. HAHA!!)

on the subject of the "machine gunner", i kinda could see a broadsword like player using a bipod if he had the 500 round APP hoppers, and was used to playing scenarios with long missions, and long waiting times. those hoppers get heavy FAST. setting an a-5 with a bipod on an oil drum as part of base security or trail overwatch is a great tactic for large scenario fields. a pair of eyes with a radio and a bit of firepower can do wonders for watching penetrable areas.

personally i like bipods because if you dont have a nifty gun crib in the staging area, there's a potential paint waste disaster if your marker moves while you're filling the hopper. i could probably play as a hammer forever if i caught everyone's spilled paint from one weekend ya know?

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 16 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#33 User is offline   CamoDeafie 

• LVL 0 Human class flanker-
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 17 July 2008 - 11:02 AM

i once ran a 98 RT with a vert air kit, and a 150hopper (didnt have cyclones back then, and it was a rico AK hopper, nice thing) and a FX stock, that vert air thing effectively eliminated the whole bipod thing for me...and it was strong enough to support a 20oz tank, so i used it as a monopod....effective enough :D other than that, i dont see why it has to be A-5.....i mean, at SPPL, the teams were MUCH more effective with their pairing of fast electros and lots of pods each person..... and it wasnt possible given the lay of the land for us to afford covering for our own Hammer, so we instead just got 2 people with fast guns together and it was much better at that. :) if our Hammer could carry more than just 6 pods, that;ll work for us :P lol
Team Black Sheep, Oregon Division
ex-gunwhore
"All at is subject to political manipulation except that which speaks the language of the same manipulation."-N.S.K./Laibach
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable " - /-wear me!?

#34 User is offline   ALPHAWOLF_007 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ALPHAWOLF_007

Posted 21 July 2008 - 10:11 AM

he should have a reasponse he would drain his battary crazy fast

:ghillie: :panzer: :ninja: :panzer: :ghillie:
hey,

#35 User is offline   JJ GBR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JJ GBR

Posted 21 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

View PostJonas, on Jul 16 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

View PostJJ GBR, on Jul 16 2008, 12:49 PM, said:

Hey, iron man, don't lean too far over backwards, your spine will snap!! And on to the machine gunner thing, why not just have one big gas tank? And i don't see what prevents a broadsword from having a bipod (apart from them being farely useful - the bipod that is). Or even better, instead of a machine gunner, why not just have a broadsword and a sabre paired together - far more versatile.

Well we'll just wait for him to fall over before we rush him. It will be like shooting a turtle!
The point of a hammer is that you don't need to have any two or more people paired together, a hammer is a single unit with the firepower of two or more people. Therefore, if there was an objective that needed to be defended and you were running low on squad support, you could easily leave the hammer to defend one key section of the defense while using the rest of the squad to defend other parts. Let's not even talk about the force multiplier or intimidation factor involved in having one on your team.

Having that much firepower contained by a single unit is a godsend in most battles, it requires far less coordination to release the hellstorm of paint on a location, and in the case that the opfor is far away, the hammer could simply aim up and rain paint on them, hopefully having some breaks or at least make them retreat where the flanking squad could ambush and wipe them. The uses are simply endless. The fact is, having a single unit with two guns is better then two units with two guns, at least in a squad it is.

But we're not talking about a sabre and a broadsword replacing a hammer, we're talking about them replacing a machine gunner, who only has one gun. And i personally think two guns beats one, no matter who's behind them.

Woops - my first post should have said bipods were fairly useless, not useful - sorry

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users