Machine Gunner A cost cutting solution to the Heavy Gunner Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Cesh

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:15 AM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 14 2008, 08:56 PM, said:

60/3000 cubic FOOT scuba tanks (single or linked)

60 cubic foot at 3000 psi ... that'd be 450 gallons of compressed air. Or 1700 liters. Or 103950 cubic inches. Either you are really storng, have a cart behind you or one of us both made mistake here. ^_^
Because ... that'd be roughly 340 kilograms. The third of a ton, not adding the containing bottle. Wow.

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight
Propellant: HP System /w remote, 68/4500 Backup Propellant: HP System, 48/3000

#17 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• My boomstick is bigger than yours...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Iron_Man

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:40 AM

look at my brigade page, i have multiple pictures. i am strong. i'm 5'10, 300lbs. add 2 scuba tanks, 4,000 rounds of paint, the weight of the twins, and myself, and suddenly i weigh enough that at most scenarios i cannot go into structures, or onto second stories of structures unless they are VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED.

also, each tank gives right around 3 cases worth of shooting. more on a hot day.

most people that try on my gear can't walk around a picnic table. sometimes we take bets. lol.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 15 July 2008 - 07:45 AM

Posted Image Posted Image
THE DEATH BUNNIES! - We hate your face!-

#18 User is offline   MaDuce 

• Grab your gun and bring the cat in.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MaDuce

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:45 AM

In lieu of a true Hammer, I think the best alternative would be several players who can provide large amounts of accurate supporting/suppressive fire. This could be done with a 98 or A-5, but it would be alot easier with a mid-range electro.
"Its very hard to grasp the idea at first but once you accept it, it makes A LOT of sense!" -- Minnesota Sn1p3r on conspiracy theories
"Everyone instantly jumps the conclusion that the government is out to get us." -- SWAT SAINT
"Bad Duce, bad." -- Ace-014
"Good man, Duce, good man." -- Tryon
"Also accepting female snipers." -- Lt.Col.Vortex

#19 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:46 PM

^^^ very true. in fact, the louder the markers the better. if you get a loud report in addition to the loud thud on the bunker, the enemy could possibly mistake your numbers and cower in fear even more. not to mention the extra person means extra angles.

#20 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:19 PM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 07:40 AM, said:

look at my brigade page, i have multiple pictures. i am strong. i'm 5'10, 300lbs. add 2 scuba tanks, 4,000 rounds of paint, the weight of the twins, and myself, and suddenly i weigh enough that at most scenarios i cannot go into structures, or onto second stories of structures unless they are VERY WELL CONSTRUCTED.

I still doubt you carry 60 cubic feet of compressed air at 200 bar / 3000 psi. Again. That'd be 340 kilograms. That's 215 kilograms more than your own weight. You don't carry yourself twice again. So, cubic feet seems wrong. Other than that, carrying to scuba tanks seems just logical considering your job. I don't doubt that, just your measuring unit. :happy:

Location: Hamburg, Germany Camo Pattern: German Flecktarn Marker: Tippmann A5 Sidearm: 32 Degrees Delta .68 /w Picatinny rails
MilSim: VLTOR stock, Metadyne RIS handguard & M4 magazine, rail covers, flashlight, fake laser system, flip-up front sight, QD sling swivels
Tech-Mods: APE Board E-Grip, 12'' Lapco barrel, APEX tip, Straightline barrel set, squishy paddles, QEV, red power tube, red dot sight

#21 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

dude... theyre scuba tanks. all scuba tanks are measured in cubic feet. you have 40, 50, 60, 80 and the monster 110. go to a dive shop. or look it up online. and you're right, they don't weigh 300 pounds. but the buggers are extremely heavy when linked. if you can, go to a dive shop and ask if they have a pair of 50 or 60's on a bc or backplate for you to try on. do a lap around the store and see what i mean.

no disrespection, but i know my stuff. i'm the one wearing it in the picture. lol. and if you think that sounds heavy, try wearing a single 20lb c02 with a steel tank surrounding the 20 pounds of liquid c02.

ps- it is compressed air... not measured as a liquid. a 100Ci/5000 bomber tank from specops doesnt weigh 50 pounds does it? well then... a scuba tank doesnt weigh 150 pounds either. i think your math is off. lol.

i mean... dude.... you're refuting A PICTURE!!!! do i need to make a video or something? ROFL

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 15 July 2008 - 04:56 PM

#22 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:50 PM

You need to make some youtube videos, entertain us for a few minutes per episode.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#23 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:27 PM

View PostCesh, on Jul 9 2008, 05:51 AM, said:

So it's a Broadsword with a bipod?

Sounds like it to me.

View PostPLAGUE, on Jul 14 2008, 10:49 PM, said:

wow, Iron Man is a true Hammer.

He knows the position, it's pure imposition of will by means of a force multiplier. The twins are his force multiplier naturally.

The hammer would be more like calling in a CAS concidering that a hammer can hold down a treeline.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#24 User is offline   Jonas 

• Woodsball? Sounds fun.
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:H

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:30 PM

A hammer can hold down anything by just being in the general area. I get reports that there's a double trouble nearby, i'm making sure I only stick my head out if I'm sure he's not around. A few cranks of that baby is more then enough to make a paint check unnecessary.
Yeah I use an M-16 grip, wanna fight about it?

Best webcomic ever.

#25 User is offline   only ion 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:only ion

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:36 PM

i think that a 98 just wouldent be enough even with an e-grip
geter[/font]-dunn[font="Courier New"]

#26 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:12 PM

View Postonly ion, on Jul 15 2008, 11:36 PM, said:

i think that a 98 just wouldent be enough even with an e-grip

You might as well make it two :) They are cheap enough. I've even seen hammers made from two 98s.

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#27 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

^^ i made one before i got the DT kit. fell apart after a few uses though. a couple others were made as well and sold on these forums. i could teach anyone how to build one, its finding the person willing to lug it, feed it, and baby it that's the challenge. most people look at my gear and say "omg... that's totally crazy!!", but none of them would be willing to wear it and use it or pay for it's bartab. lol. i can spend in excess of 300 bucks a scenario for JUST PAINT.... and that could be used in a matter of MINUTES in the FIRST BATTLE if i was totally nuts with it... and that was 10 cases worth.

as for the youtube videos, i would love to do stuff like that. all i need is a camera and someone more tech savvy than me. lol.

ps- i know i seem to have put down this position idea, thoroughly stomping it into a pulp some might say, but like ive said before, most paintballers will never see a hammer except on here, so my biggest advice from a supression point of view is that a minimum of 2 guys working with eachother to hold something down, while a teammate runs to take the objective is about as effective as you're gonna get without a hammer backing you up. the reason i'm so FOR keeping the hammers' title as the ultimate supression is because... well.. we are. nobody else can lay as much whoopage single handedly as a hammer because that's our soul purpose. firepower. the reason the hammer is such a great tool is that it frees up a minimum of 2 players. thas 2 players that could be searching for angles, opfor, props, etc. not to mention 2 sets of eyes watching for booby traps and flankers.

i'm really glad this topic has gone on as long as it has, because i feel like the more non hammer players that read and respond to this topic, the more mythbusting about the true effectiveness of a hammer can be done... with a REAL HAMMER answering questions, and giving input. sure ive been through this argument a million times before on the hammer pages, but its nice to get out of the cave onc ein a while and put out information rather than use it to defend yourself. (which i was doing at first). but now it seems like the facts are sinking in, and youze guys are realising what the reality of the situation is. and for that i applaud you all.

#28 User is offline   Cesh 

• nerd-shield dancer
  • PipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:33 AM

View PostIron__Man, on Jul 15 2008, 04:51 PM, said:

dude... theyre scuba tanks. all scuba tanks are measured in cubic feet. you have 40, 50, 60, 80 and the monster 110. go to a dive shop. or look it up online. and you're right, they don't weigh 300 pounds. but the buggers are extremely heavy when linked. if you can, go to a dive shop and ask if they have a pair of 50 or 60's on a bc or backplate for you to try on. do a lap around the store and see what i mean.

no disrespection, but i know my stuff. i'm the one wearing it in the picture. lol. and if you think that sounds heavy, try wearing a single 20lb c02 with a steel tank surrounding the 20 pounds of liquid c02.

ps- it is compressed air... not measured as a liquid. a 100Ci/5000 bomber tank from specops doesnt weigh 50 pounds does it? well then... a scuba tank doesnt weigh 150 pounds either. i think your math is off. lol.

i mean... dude.... you're refuting A PICTURE!!!! do i need to make a video or something? ROFL

Mhmm. My scuba tanks over here are measured in litres.
Had a double-linked 14 liter / 3000 psi system just this weekend. :(

Here is the math I've done:

1,1 liter (68ci) of 4500psi compressed air weighs about 315 gramms. (Possible source of mistake)
2/3 of 315 grams mean 210 grams per 1,1 liter at 3000psi.
That's 191 grams per 1 liter. (Researched a tad bit, it's even 240 grams (at 20░C / 68░F). But even with the wrong value, the result is overwhelming)
60 cubic foot would be 60 * 28,3 liters. Or 1698 liters.
1689 liters * 191 grams ~ 324 kilograms.

Enlighten me. I am sure I have a fault there, but I can't see where.

Oh, and because it didn't come out right, I suppose: I don't doubt you carrying these beasts. Just the value of 60 cubic feet at 3000psi. :)

This post has been edited by Cesh: 16 July 2008 - 07:35 AM

#29 User is offline   Iron__Man 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:54 AM

oooh, see i didnt realize you were using the metric system. (saw you're in germany just now). well, im horrible at units of measurement, especially metric, but i'll tell it like this. i know exactly what the size and pressure is of the tanks because i had to know how much to regulate the pressure down to, so that i wouldnt explode the markers when i aired them up. the size i picked was the largest i could carry for any length of time. i'd tried on 80 Cf tanks, but 2 of those was just backbreaking.

each empty tank probably weights a good 15 pounds or so with the backplate, possibly closer to 20. i dont have a scale around, but i'd estimate a full scuba tank of mine weighs between 30-50 pounds with the backplate, reg, hose, adapter, and/or regular hpa tank. 2 of them together seems to be right around 100 pounds, but that's filled, linked, and tapped for the guns. my actual weights might be off because people experience different amounts of stress due to their physical abilities, so what may seem like 50 ponds to me might be like 75 pounds to someone else.until i get a scale, i wont know for sure. either way, theyre heavy enough that when its the end of the day, nobody in their right mind voulunteers to help me pack up... and if they do, its usually their first and last time offering. lol.

This post has been edited by Iron__Man: 16 July 2008 - 07:58 AM

#30 User is offline   JJ GBR 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:JJ GBR

Posted 16 July 2008 - 09:49 AM

Hey, iron man, don't lean too far over backwards, your spine will snap!! And on to the machine gunner thing, why not just have one big gas tank? And i don't see what prevents a broadsword from having a bipod (apart from them being farely useful - the bipod that is). Or even better, instead of a machine gunner, why not just have a broadsword and a sabre paired together - far more versatile.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users