Special Ops Paintball: Why Does It Seem like everyone hates Tippmann? - Special Ops Paintball

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Why Does It Seem like everyone hates Tippmann? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:T-Freak

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:25 AM

I dont like Tippmanns, mainly because I play Speedball, and i play SC, so Tippmanns dont work for me, i also hate the Hype Tippmann and other mil-Sim Companys give just to sell there stuff, and then all the useless mods that cause new guys to waste Buttloads of Money...yeah i dont like Tippmanns (and yes i have owned Tippmanns before)
Life is short, get off your couch
[IMG-]http://i215.photobuc...eak/meeko-1.jpg[-/IMG]
Posted Image

#17 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Warpaint537

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:35 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 5 2008, 11:25 AM, said:

I dont like Tippmanns, mainly because I play Speedball, and i play SC, so Tippmanns dont work for me, i also hate the Hype Tippmann and other mil-Sim Companys give just to sell there stuff, and then all the useless mods that cause new guys to waste Buttloads of Money...yeah i dont like Tippmanns (and yes i have owned Tippmanns before)

...and none of the speedball manufacturers HYPE their products. Tell me, what does a pretty girl wearing a bikini and a speedball marker pressed between her breasts have to do with paintball? Some mods may be useless to one user, and highly practical to another...it all depends upon application.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#18 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:39 AM

View PostWarpaint, on Jul 5 2008, 10:35 AM, said:

...and none of the speedball manufacturers HYPE their products. Tell me, what does a pretty girl wearing a bikini and a speedball marker pressed between her breasts have to do with paintball? Some mods may be useless to one user, and highly practical to another...it all depends upon application.

hey, guess you read me Wrong, i DONT buy "speedball" stuff, like i said i play SC Speedball which means Pump only! I absouloutly hate Companys that use Female Models to sell there stuff, but this thread is against Tippmann so thats what i wrote about..
Posted Image

#19 User is offline   Ekima 

• :Grin: I like it when you run!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:EKIMA

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

View PostCesar, on Jul 4 2008, 11:24 PM, said:

i bring mine to the field as a back-up, i like it, its served me well and the only complaint i have is i am not a fan of the 98c barrel threads, they are too big and i actually cut myself on the death point once...but other than that theyre fine.

same

Ekima

#20 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 08:55 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 5 2008, 11:39 AM, said:

View PostWarpaint, on Jul 5 2008, 10:35 AM, said:

hey, guess you read me Wrong, i DONT buy "speedball" stuff, like i said i play SC Speedball which means Pump only! I absouloutly hate Companys that use Female Models to sell there stuff, but this thread is against Tippmann so thats what i wrote about..

No need to defend your opinion to me or anyone else...you like what you like and you play what you play. Everyone falls prey to some hype or another...whether it's to pursue some utopian vision of society, or deciding which gum last longer. This thread isn't against Tippmann, it's about, "Why does it seem like everyone hates Tippmann?" You stated you HATED Tippmann because of the HYPE, and because of the useless mods. I was merely pointing out that every manufacturer HYPES their product, and that how useless something is depends greatly upon the application. You may be justified in hating Tippmann products because of some perceived HYPE, however for myself, I see HYPE committed everywhere. In the words of the generation that follows me, peace. :ghillie:
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke ~ "Well...shall we?" ~ Hoot, Black Hawk Down
Posted Image

#21 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:00 AM

I actually didnt say i hated Tippmann, just the Hype :ghillie:
Posted Image

#22 User is offline   Warpaint 

• "Well...Shall We?"
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:04 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 5 2008, 12:00 PM, said:

On that we agree, then...I'm not a fan of hype either...I just don't discriminate between one manufacturer's hype and another's. :(
Posted Image

#23 User is offline   Mobles 

• Better than Mack
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:06 AM

right, the only reason i was dissing Tippmanns Hype here is because its a Tippmann Bashing Thread :ghillie:
Posted Image

#24 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:10 AM

I dislike Tippmann because their quality has gone seriously downhill in recent years. I've had trouble with every single one I've owned (as opposed to some of my markers have never had an issue). They're inconsistant to shoot (velocity fluctuations) and really aren't the "reliable" markers people remember coming from Tippmann in the past.

I'm irritated at the Tippmann fanboys and Tippmann itself for living off a past reputation and treating the past like the present.

I'm further irritated at the Tippmann fanboys (I don't blame Tippmann for them, but we may as well talk about them as well) for the "Tippmann is the best" attitude many have. Sure, if the same inconsistant blowback design they've used since the mid-90s works for you, by all means. I prefer to have higher performance gear than that.
Member of Team Akkadian

#25 User is offline   Tu_Padre 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:West Staines Massive

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

Exactly what thalion said. Their markers were the amazing in the early days. But they haven't changed at all. The a5 and the 98 are the same marker just about. There are better markers out there than a tippmann and people are still living in the past thinking they are the greatest ever made.

Blowbacks while tried and true, just aren't the best. There's other types of markers and with the tm7 and the m-tac tippmann isn't going to control woodsball anymore.

Group:banned #16 Feedback: SpecOps +14/-0 MCB: +2/-0

#26 User is offline   Marine Scout Sniper 

• Digitaly Sniping one shot at a time
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:scoutsniper777

Posted 05 July 2008 - 09:56 AM

View PostT-Freak, on Jul 5 2008, 11:00 AM, said:

That i can somehow agree on. To some people the hype is too much. I've seen some guys never own another marker but a Tippmann. I'm happy for then that they like the durability that much.

But.. I got curious about an autococker from the cocker guys here at the forum then one of my friends got a tril. Seeing him in action with it really appealed to me so I did my homework. I didn't want to give up packin a red dot so I bought a Autococker Tac Tril. After upgrading to the black Delrin 2k bolt I love it.

Yes the Tippmanns are durable. But there are more accurate markers for reasonable prices out there. The Tippmanns are not the most accurate in the world. It really is the AK-47 of the paintball world because no one will ever accuse an AK of being accurate at 300 meters :(. Yes mine was very accurate, but I had the good fortune of tweaking it just right. Other tippmanns I've seen in action were never that accurate.

But consistant accuracy shot after shot, my Autococker is the best in my mind. However I hear the AGD markers are pretty accurate as well. And I think everyone agrees that a pump will be very hard to beat in the accuracy department.

After you try other things or see other things, you just gotta be honest, Tippmanns are not the best, but they are not shotty either. :)

Praise and Complaint Dept. (feedback) Digitally Dangerous [Cocker Owner #77] A5 RT Operator

#27 User is offline   Evil Fingers 

• ELITE Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:22 PM

It all Boils Down to Player Preference, so go with what you like to use.

#28 User is offline   fourthsyde 

• Bringer Of Pain
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:FOURTHSYDE

Posted 05 July 2008 - 12:28 PM

its understandable why people dont like them... for physical durability my x7 rocks, although the cyclone internals are sub par as to what they should be from the factory. you have to spend $250-$300 on an x7 to make it stand up next to some other markers. the look is unbeatable though.

#29 User is offline   A-MAD07 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:A-MAD07

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

Ok... I'm starting to see why. From what i can see, it seems that people dislike tippmann for the following reasons.

1. The fact that Tippmann still think's it produces the best markers in the world even though it ranges from ok-good. Edit: Ok they market like this anyway.
2. THe Fanboys who fill Tippmann with such inncorect notions.
3.The fact that tippmann has lost alot of it's quality over the years.

Pros.
1.Tippmann markers aren't crap, but their not the best. However they are easy to maintain (because their simple)
and given the right mods can fit a large number of positions and play styles.

This post has been edited by A-MAD07: 05 July 2008 - 05:41 PM

This is my sig... Awsome!

#30 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 05 July 2008 - 02:41 PM

I would say predominately #2 and #3. Tippmann probably knows that they're markers aren't the best, that's why they market them to beginning players and try to capitalize on the image that they are durable and reliable.

From that springs the fanboys who buy into that. I've heard people tell their horror stories and how their Tippmann marker survived and worked flawlessly, but I can only shake my head and think of the many other markers that can go through the same and more.

I suppose the fact that they can be modified extensively can be good for some, but to me it seems to be just one more thing to buy into. You can stick a short barrel on any marker and say its for a "dagger" or you can put a big hopper on any marker and say its a "broadsword" marker. But in the end you don't really need a marker that is specialized for your position. Most markers are capable of handing all positions at once. My classic Automag for example is lightweight enough that it's easy to run with, it's capable of being very consistent, relatively quiet, and if I need to I can throw paint down the tube. All the shoulder stocks, red dots, fancy vests, and other "woodsball" aren't needed for anything. You can use them to fit into Specops' branding, but in the end they're superfluous. It's all part of an image.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users