• You cannot reply to this topic

Canadians for D-Day 2009 Once again, with feeling! Rate Topic: -----

#31 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 03 February 2009 - 08:00 PM

One of the guys from Calgary is flying or whatever to Winnipeg to meet us and convoy from there-shouldn't be much to get a round-trip on WestJet.

If you're interested, head over to the D-Day Commonwealth forums and talk to Tac-One.

#32 User is offline   Gurnzee 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Gurnzee

Posted 06 April 2009 - 11:06 PM

I am going to be there, first time at D-day and will be enjoying it with (so far) two of my buddies from Alberta. We are joining the 6th Fallschirmjager unit. Would love to see you guys down there. Im going over the top in preparation for this trip. Got a DM9 on order, ultra-lite camo, have dropped 17 pounds, and am looking to drop another 15 before June. Now if I could just figure out how I can acclimatize myself for it when there is still 3 feet of snow on the ground. I am thinking about dragging a treadmill into a sauna and running on it in thermal underwear.
Don't fear death, fear living half a life.

#33 User is offline   Marauder_Pilot 

• Thrilling Heroics
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Marauder_Pilot

Posted 09 April 2009 - 04:10 PM

With the 6th Falls, you'll be seeing a lot of the majority of the Canadians-just, you know, from the wrong end. :( Aside from a Niagara-area team that makes up the better part of the German MEK, the majority of the Canadians are all in the Commonwealth Airborne (1st Canadian Parachute Infantry, mostly). Gotta love how pretty much all of the Canadian players gravitate right towards 'special' units, though-I've never heard of any Canadians playing in the 101st/82nd, or going on the beach defenses (Except Sword, maybe), but we sure as hell pack the special units! I guess when you travel thousands of kilometers and cross borders just to play paintball, you want your damn money's worth!

The Falls is a good unit though, one of the best on the German side. You'll be running with a hard-charging, hard-fighting group there, they always give us a hell of a game.

Still, don't be afraid to come by and hang with us, even if you DO have the wrong colour wristband, it'll be an oasis of real beer in the Budweiser desert that makes up the D-Day campsite. :P

As for acclimatization, the best thing any Canadian can do is just to get there as early as possible. Unless you've got a sauna you can jog in, you can't do much to prep for it, although from Alberta you'll already be prepared for the heat, just not the humidity. I come down from Whitehorse to play, and I had no problem getting used to it, it just took about a day and a LOT of water and Gatorade.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users