crawl time how about you Rate Topic: -----

#46 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:52 PM

View PostIrishMack, on Feb 26 2010, 02:45 PM, said:

I crawl in the snake, but even in there I'm not in the prone position. I don't crawl in woodsball pretty much ever, I mean, one time I crawled through a creek...but that's about the extent of it.

my defination of crawling is down with two feet and at least one hand on the grond, trying to avoid detection/enemy fire
there are different tecniques for crawling, includeing the high crawl, witch isnt much more then squating with your hands on the ground
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#47 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2010 - 07:58 PM

my defination of crawling is down with two feet and at least one hand on the grond, trying to avoid detection/enemy fire
there are different tecniques for crawling, includeing the high crawl, witch isnt much more then squating with your hands on the ground

hmm...well then, snake...but still not for very long...I mean our games are only 5 minutes, and they don't normally last the full time. In the woods, literally never..I use trees for cover mostly, not so much low fallen stuff...or I squat...but with both hands off the ground.

hmm...well then, snake...but still not for very long...I mean our games are only 5 minutes, and they don't normally last the full time. In the woods, literally never..I use trees for cover mostly, not so much low fallen stuff...or I squat...but with both hands off the ground.
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#48 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 27 February 2010 - 06:04 AM

View PostIrishMack, on Feb 26 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

so, how thick are the woods you play in, and do you pla are year long, if it sounds like im being criticle, i am not trying to be, i just have a tendency to push to far when i'm interested in something

i live in southern indiana, a lot of the wooded area has about 3-5 tress for a ten by ten square area, also durring the fall we get a lot of leaves that batter down the low growing foilage, some areas are all cedar/pines, but most other areas include tulip poplur, red and white oak, hickory, dogwoods of all kind, and a fair amount of iron wood. and sasafras

if anyone is not familiar with thoose trees, most of the full grown trees don't have limbs for the lower 10 feet of the tree, and the ones that do have lower limbs are small diamater with a max height of around 20 feet

thanks for your opinions and advice this far
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#49 User is offline   IrishMack 

• Better than You
  • PipPipPip

Posted 27 February 2010 - 03:26 PM

I didn't find you to be critical...and even if you were, I don't mind people's opinions...I give my opinions on here without caring weather or not the people on the other end of my posts are going to agree with me.

I do play year round, although right now...with snow up past my waist, we aren't playing outside...but when the snow is low enough, we still play outside. The trees are dense at different levels depending on what part of the field I'm on...we have a field up top with no trees at all...we have a ton of small young trees on the tubing run, we have a shale pit with only a few weeds in it...we have thick brush and thorn bushes...we also have a number of rock ledges. I'm posting a link to some pictures...one of the fields that I play at....I'll post it down at the bottom..

I have just never found the need to crawl...I am a better shot when I'm in the crouching or standing position...I can move faster between cover, and am overall more effective as a player. But really, that's just my playing style, it depends on how you play...that's how I learned to play, and I became a decent player using my style of play, but I'm sure that there are people that can also effectively use crawling to make good plays..I'm just more likely to use a much more aggressive approach than others.

Posted Image

Our rock ledges...and our small trees.

Posted Image

shale pit...not the best picture of it, this is the lower half of it...the kid, well he was falling.

Posted Image
"I could be your third wheel."
"You know that's not a good thing right?"
"Of course it is, it adds more grip, greater stability"

"Gives it color he says, it'll look good he says...Filthy liar" (in regards to Puzuma)

#50 User is offline   HOUND1 

• VVVCheese Its!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:AMRAAM11

Posted 27 February 2010 - 09:09 PM

I am a very aggressive player, but going prone depends completely on the field. On my outlaw field, I never go prone because there is no need and because there are a lot of sharp rocks on the ground. At my local field, however, a huge advantage can be gained by doing a speed crawl (looks similar to a breakdancer doing the worm :) ) through a small stand of bushes or down the length of a small fallen tree or ditch. Also, If im taking heavy fire and don't really have the option to be aggressive, I'll go prone depending on the cover.
Posted Image

#51 User is offline   MurderDeathKill 

• Spot 31
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MurderDeathKill

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:29 AM

I crawl almost every time I play, and spend..... oh, maybe about a little under 20% of the time on my belly? No, less than that.... I dunno, it's situational. Any time -- ANY time -- that you take fire, going prone will increase your odds of survival. When I do crawl, I wanna be as low as possible, so it's belly on the ground, feet cocked out to either side, head twisted sideways with an ear on the ground, and scramble as fast as you can without letting anything pop up.

I'm not usually in a position to sneak up on people, but whenever I do, I use the same crawl unless there are leaves (cuz then it's loud as all hell). It absolutely works.... might be overkill, I don't know, but I'll swear by the low-crawl. It's deadly.
Go Yoda -- I didn't order that!
Posted Image
T-6 A Texan II -- Vance AFB -- 71OTG Ghostriders -- 8FTS Ballers -- Cobra Flight

#52 User is offline   CptObvious 

• Original Join Date- 29th October 2004 - 04:14 PM
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:CPTOBVIOUS

Posted 28 February 2010 - 09:48 AM

In most big events, I don't crawl so much. Why? Because I like to be able to move and react fast. I feel vulnerable and trapped if I'm on my stomach while I'm well behind opponent's lines, or near the front. I will crawl when needed, no doubt, its just I do not want to be flanked/trapped. So figured about 10mins. haha. In backyard games, I tend to crawl more. Makes things interesting.
US Air Force
Posted Image
Proudly Sponsored by: ANS Gear || Pinokio Hoppers|| Stiffi Barrels || ChroniX Radio
[/b]

Share this topic:

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users