Special Ops Paintball: Dangerous power - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dangerous power ideas

#76 User is offline   Dante 

  • I have candy
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 910
  • Joined: 17-August 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Arlington,Texas
  • Brigade Name:Kamikaze Snipa

Posted 05 August 2008 - 10:21 AM

shot a g3 the other day and it was very nice! the thing was so light if I wasn't using it I might forget I was holding it, speed and everything was up there too. If only I had extra cash and didn't need a new computer I would go buy one now, it's a very solid gun

Get Angry!
Poor Gary Coleman, he lived a short life.
0

#77 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 17 August 2008 - 10:52 AM

Whee!!!

Got to use it today, finally when everythings working the way its supposed to (had to get a new reg seat, last time I was using really crappy Triumph whitebox. Only got 1 break the whole day in the centre of someone's mask... then it was a while before I could play). Soooo much fun. I'm officially in love with the F8s trigger (with magnet mod of course). Only shot about 75% of a case though, if it wasn't for a private group that started playing at the field, I would've finished off the case.

On a different note, my local field sucks. Sand is annoying, everyone there uses Ions, tippmanns, spyders, or brass eagles. Theres usually like 1 or 2 people with actually nice markers though that know about paintball. And the one or two guys who were actually good (most of the time, it ended up with me at about half field and the rest of my team near the back, not that I'm amazing or anything...) were absolute poop shooters. One guy yells at me in the middle of the game because I popped up and shot him twice in less then half a second on instinct. I stopped shooting the second that I actually saw his gun in the air, and its not like I was trying to hit him after he was out, I saw someone in that split second so I shot.

On a side note: The guy with the crappy brass eagle tippmann 98 look alike was the most laid back guy there. I'd play with him again any day.

This post has been edited by d4rkmonkey: 17 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#78 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2008 - 11:56 AM

I have to deal with that a lot at my field, if it's any more than one ball then they will whine and cry but they wouldn't hesitate to do the same to anyone else. You can't control paintballs that are already in the air. As far as the trigger I haven't made any changes to the stock trigger and I love it. I have had two problems with mine so far. First I break paint like crazy. I'm thinking that it's the bore size of the stock barrel being so big and the paint at my field being so small. Also I use My F8 all day at the field and it works like a dream but the second I get home and go to turn it on it won't turn on. This has happened twice and each time I tried changing the battery and the problem wasn't fixed until I simply unscrewed the grip frame, did nothing at all, then screwed it back in. Any ideas?
Posted Image
0

#79 User is offline   Super-fly 

  • That guy that doesn't post much.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 09-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Super-fly

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

My F8 leaks out the barrel now...yay. Anyone know how to fix it?

My Member Number is lower than some peoples post count. :P
People who think electros are killing paintball, are killing paintball.
0

#80 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

  • Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,064
  • Joined: 15-November 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USAF Academy, CO

Posted 17 August 2008 - 02:28 PM

Can't go wrong with Dangerous Power. F7s are good, but F8s are MUCH nicer. Never used a G3, but I'm sure they're great. They look a bit goofy though IMO.

Super-Fly: Souunds like you blew your solenoid with too much prussure. Call DP to get it replaced, or try turning down your reg.

This post has been edited by Texas Trigger: 17 August 2008 - 02:29 PM

I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.
0

#81 User is offline   Super-fly 

  • That guy that doesn't post much.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 172
  • Joined: 09-March 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Brigade Name:Super-fly

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:08 PM

View PostTexas Trigger, on Aug 17 2008, 02:28 PM, said:

Can't go wrong with Dangerous Power. F7s are good, but F8s are MUCH nicer. Never used a G3, but I'm sure they're great. They look a bit goofy though IMO.

Super-Fly: Souunds like you blew your solenoid with too much prussure. Call DP to get it replaced, or try turning down your reg.

Is it gonna cost me anything? I would like to know before I call. And I fired it for the first time today with paint and it read 450 of chrono so that might be right, but the gun still fires, and I got it down to 280 and it still leaks.

Thanks for the help Texas Trigger.

My Member Number is lower than some peoples post count. :P
People who think electros are killing paintball, are killing paintball.
0

#82 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2008 - 03:29 PM

In the manual is says under "air leak from barrel area" that "valve pin is worn" and it says to replace them. Not a lot of help. Maybe try opening it and check all of the O-rings.

This post has been edited by xX_jXx: 17 August 2008 - 03:30 PM

Posted Image
0

#83 User is offline   Texas Trigger 

  • Nothin' but the rain...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,064
  • Joined: 15-November 04
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:USAF Academy, CO

Posted 17 August 2008 - 04:54 PM

Sounds like it was definitely the noid then. Not sure if it'll cost you, but it needs to be replaced, so if it costs you, that's just the way it is. Probably will.
I'm here, Benjie, I'm here, I said, clasping his hand on my arm.
Help me Rootie, my legs won't move.
Aw Benjie, it'll be okay Benj, I'll give you mine

USAFA '12.
0

#84 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 17 August 2008 - 05:47 PM

View PostxX_jXx, on Aug 17 2008, 02:56 PM, said:

I have to deal with that a lot at my field, if it's any more than one ball then they will whine and cry but they wouldn't hesitate to do the same to anyone else. You can't control paintballs that are already in the air. As far as the trigger I haven't made any changes to the stock trigger and I love it. I have had two problems with mine so far. First I break paint like crazy. I'm thinking that it's the bore size of the stock barrel being so big and the paint at my field being so small. Also I use My F8 all day at the field and it works like a dream but the second I get home and go to turn it on it won't turn on. This has happened twice and each time I tried changing the battery and the problem wasn't fixed until I simply unscrewed the grip frame, did nothing at all, then screwed it back in. Any ideas?


It would be big paint small barrel for you to get barrel breaks... Not trying to say you're stupid or anything, but are you playing with the eyes on? I haven't gotten a single chop with my f8, only breaks I've head is when I've been dumb enough to shoot the barrel condom.

Maybe its just crappy field paint? I only go BYOP now because its just cheaper with the ontario paint prices...

Check if its breaking in the breach, or if its in the barrel. If its in the barrel you might want to look into a new one if you want to keep using that field paint. I wish DP would just release different size backs, (and I guess a 16inch front for those that prefer it). I love the look of the stock barrel too much to buy a new one, plus the stock barrel was beastly accurate with the hotbox paint I was using.


The only thing I can think of for your other problem, is maybe a wire pinched or something weird like that? I really have no idea... doesn't make sense to me.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#85 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 17 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

I definatly checked to see if it was in the breach and it is not chopping, the breaks are in the barrel. The eyes are also on. I've though about the paint and it not super cheap paint basically medium grade. Being medium grade it's not thin shelled so I don't see why it's breaking, plus when i was using the same paint with my Ion and Custom Pro it shot fine. The entire time I'm thinking well i'm overboring so that should lead to less paint breaks if I'm not mistaken. I compared the ball to bore size and to me atleast the ball is looking insanly small for the barrel. I'm thinking maybe it is so small that the ball is bouncing around before it can get out and breaking. If I need to I can just buy an Autococker back to my Ion's all american barrel and roll with that. Anyway here's a pic and it's looking mighty big for that paint.

Posted Image

This post has been edited by xX_jXx: 17 August 2008 - 09:19 PM

Posted Image
0

#86 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:17 PM

View PostxX_jXx, on Aug 18 2008, 12:19 AM, said:

I definatly checked to see if it was in the breach and it is not chopping, the breaks are in the barrel. The eyes are also on. I've though about the paint and it not super cheap paint basically medium grade. Being medium grade it's not thin shelled so I don't see why it's breaking, plus when i was using the same paint with my Ion and Custom Pro it shot fine. The entire time I'm thinking well i'm overboring so that should lead to less paint breaks if I'm not mistaken. I compared the ball to bore size and to me atleast the ball is looking insanly small for the barrel. I'm thinking maybe it is so small that the ball is bouncing around before it can get out and breaking. If I need to I can just buy an Autococker back to my Ion's all american barrel and roll with that. Anyway here's a pic and it's looking mighty big for that paint.

Posted Image


I was using paint about the same size yesterday and wasn't having a single issue... thats really wierd...

What size barrel did you have with your custom pro/ion?

Maybe theres some defect with your barrel, or something weird like that?

just curious, what kind of paint were you using? Hot Box works well for me (for fairly cheap paint).
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#87 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:31 PM

A mix of Camotac and PMI Premium, but for the majority of the day I was firing Camotac. My all american was .693 which I think is the size of the stock barrel and The other is probably the same size. Anyway I'm kind of over the paint breaking at the moment as my Marker refuses to turn on so I must go to see to that. Thanks for the help so far though.

EDIT: OK I took out the Cylinder, hammer and the spring as well as the bolt, then put it back, and guess what, it turns on now. This is madness and it sure as hell isn't Sparta. I also bought a new two piece Proto barrel and also threw on a custom parts reg I had laying around. I'll probably test fire it and see what happens now. Wish me teh luckzorz.

This post has been edited by xX_jXx: 18 August 2008 - 02:41 PM

Posted Image
0

#88 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 18 August 2008 - 02:56 PM

View PostxX_jXx, on Aug 18 2008, 05:31 PM, said:

A mix of Camotac and PMI Premium, but for the majority of the day I was firing Camotac. My all american was .693 which I think is the size of the stock barrel and The other is probably the same size. Anyway I'm kind of over the paint breaking at the moment as my Marker refuses to turn on so I must go to see to that. Thanks for the help so far though.

EDIT: OK I took out the Cylinder, hammer and the spring as well as the bolt, then put it back, and guess what, it turns on now. This is madness and it sure as hell isn't Sparta. I also bought a new two piece Proto barrel and also threw on a custom parts reg I had laying around. I'll probably test fire it and see what happens now. Wish me teh luckzorz.


Good luck, sucks that you're having problems.

I didn't have any with mine, but I bought it used so the previous owner might have... Who knows.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

#89 User is offline   CdnNinja 

  • The enemy cannot push a button, if you disable his hand.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,119
  • Joined: 11-July 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:McGregor, Ontario, Canada

Posted 18 August 2008 - 03:47 PM

It could be a lot worse I suppose. Even with these minor problems it still rocks my socks at the field. :happy:
Posted Image
0

#90 User is offline   d4rkmonkey 

  • that funky monkey...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,577
  • Joined: 24-February 08
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Toronto, ON

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:28 PM

View PostxX_jXx, on Aug 18 2008, 06:47 PM, said:

It could be a lot worse I suppose. Even with these minor problems it still rocks my socks at the field. :laugh:


Yeah I fell in love first time I used it. As smooth and quiet as my friends PMR, with the same amount of kick. I was suprised since its a poppet...

I'll probably be buying an eigenram soon.
Posted Image
Flickr
Bitches and guns, this is every man's dream. I don't want to go home, where I'm just an ordinary human being...
0

Share this topic:


  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users