Special Ops Paintball: Tippmann Pistol - Special Ops Paintball

Jump to content


  • (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53
  • 54
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#766 User is offline   shadow_772 

  • Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,272
  • Joined: 05-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MA
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:41 AM

View PostThalion, on May 11 2009, 09:39 AM, said:

You guys are all wondering about the release date.

Meanwhile, I'm wondering how long it'll be to get honest reviews on the TPX from real players -- I tend to ignore "first impression" reviews when the bias is at its highest.

I'm really hoping Tippmann learned its lesson and reversed their ways of inferior part quality. I want a pistol on remote line, and my T8 can't deliver that, but this might be able to.

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....
0

#767 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 11 May 2009 - 12:47 PM

Wow, isn't this like the milltionth time they've pushed back the release date?
0

#768 User is offline   Ronin055 

  • Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 337
  • Joined: 19-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Reno Nevada
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 11 May 2009 - 02:32 PM

Yes the Tac8 can run on a Remote. and here is the adapter.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

0

#769 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 11 May 2009 - 03:11 PM

View PostRonin055, on May 11 2009, 04:32 PM, said:

Yes the Tac8 can run on a Remote. and here is the adapter.



But then you are restricted to that single magazine.

Shoot 8, reload the same mag, repeat.


Not practical at all.

With the TPX, multiple magazines can be fired. The air supply would not be dependent on any one magazine.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#770 User is offline   Nelos 

  • Master of my domain.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 92
  • Joined: 04-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Staunton, VA
  • Brigade Name:Nelos

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.
0

#771 User is offline   Thalion 

  • Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 22-January 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Twin Cities, MN

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:25 PM

View PostNelos, on May 11 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.


Lower quality control, inferior parts that are more prone to breakdowns, complicated mechanism (cyclone) that breaks ratchets pretty easily, etc.

Older Tippmanns are better overall.
Member of Team Akkadian

0

#772 User is offline   Ronin055 

  • Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 337
  • Joined: 19-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Reno Nevada
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 11 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

ah, you see you didnt say Practical. You infered possible. :dodgy: (JK) I get your point though.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

0

#773 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

  • My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 2,984
  • Joined: 04-December 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abilene, KS

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:40 PM

View PostNelos, on May 11 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.

Usually it has to do with the fact that they use the same outdated valve system that they've been using since they started making mechanical guns. It was great in the early 90's, but it's time for them to make something new. Add that to the fact that they use inferior parts and it brings it down a lot. They are good markers, but there are a lot better options in that price range.
0

#774 User is offline   shadow_772 

  • Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,272
  • Joined: 05-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MA
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:59 PM

View Postghost93, on May 11 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

View PostNelos, on May 11 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.

Usually it has to do with the fact that they use the same outdated valve system that they've been using since they started making mechanical guns. It was great in the early 90's, but it's time for them to make something new. Add that to the fact that they use inferior parts and it brings it down a lot. They are good markers, but there are a lot better options in that price range.

Both of them nailed it on the head.. I have owned an SL, multiple 98C's, A5 and X7, and each generation just adds more complications to an old and outdated design. Couple that with inferior parts, and I will easily make the decision to find a better marker. The SL is the only Tippmann I am proud to say I still have. In the future I hope to pick up a Pro/Carb.

On top of all that, they can't even say "made in USA" like they used to...
0

#775 User is offline   josef_k 

  • WWII mod-o-holic
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 711
  • Joined: 08-September 06
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Brigade Name:Josef_K

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:43 PM

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on May 11 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

View PostNelos, on May 11 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.

Usually it has to do with the fact that they use the same outdated valve system that they've been using since they started making mechanical guns. It was great in the early 90's, but it's time for them to make something new. Add that to the fact that they use inferior parts and it brings it down a lot. They are good markers, but there are a lot better options in that price range.

Both of them nailed it on the head.. I have owned an SL, multiple 98C's, A5 and X7, and each generation just adds more complications to an old and outdated design. Couple that with inferior parts, and I will easily make the decision to find a better marker. The SL is the only Tippmann I am proud to say I still have. In the future I hope to pick up a Pro/Carb.

On top of all that, they can't even say "made in USA" like they used to...



The worst was having an A5 reciever crack in half during a day of play on HPA in the snow. That never happened to the SMG68 that I used to have and I've certainly never heard of that happening to a pro-carbine. Nowadays, it seems that the BT brand is where the Tippmann brand was supposed to have gone....


There are 101 types of people: those who understand binary, those who don't, and those who just can't count.
0

#776 User is offline   shadow_772 

  • Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4,272
  • Joined: 05-September 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:MA
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:49 PM

View Postjosef_k, on May 11 2009, 07:43 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 06:59 PM, said:

View Postghost93, on May 11 2009, 06:40 PM, said:

View PostNelos, on May 11 2009, 06:08 PM, said:

View Postshadow_772, on May 11 2009, 10:41 AM, said:

That is what I am wondering as well. I am hoping they have changed their ways with this pistol.. Ever since the 98, tippys have gone farther and farther downhill....


Not trying to get off topic here, but what's wrong with the A-5 and X7? All I own is a 98c and plan to upgrade to one of the two in the future, that's what I'm asking.

Usually it has to do with the fact that they use the same outdated valve system that they've been using since they started making mechanical guns. It was great in the early 90's, but it's time for them to make something new. Add that to the fact that they use inferior parts and it brings it down a lot. They are good markers, but there are a lot better options in that price range.

Both of them nailed it on the head.. I have owned an SL, multiple 98C's, A5 and X7, and each generation just adds more complications to an old and outdated design. Couple that with inferior parts, and I will easily make the decision to find a better marker. The SL is the only Tippmann I am proud to say I still have. In the future I hope to pick up a Pro/Carb.

On top of all that, they can't even say "made in USA" like they used to...



The worst was having an A5 reciever crack in half during a day of play on HPA in the snow. That never happened to the SMG68 that I used to have and I've certainly never heard of that happening to a pro-carbine. Nowadays, it seems that the BT brand is where the Tippmann brand was supposed to have gone....

That is why Ben left tippmann and created BT. He saw how the company was turning. I am a BT supporter because of this. I have used multiple BT's and own a Delta Elite (without milsim crap) right now. At the moment, I would never reccomend a 98, A5 or X7 over even the base BT-4.
0

#777 User is offline   Nelos 

  • Master of my domain.
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 92
  • Joined: 04-April 09
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Staunton, VA
  • Brigade Name:Nelos

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

I'm thinking my next marker will be a BT. I've been very impressed with their stuff, and wished I found out about them sooner before I purchasedmy 98c off of ebay.
0

#778 User is offline   chro 

  • Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 40
  • Joined: 04-October 08

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:36 AM

IDK, the only Tippmann i have ever owned i actually got recently, it is a model 98 and it works great, it has a small leak, but hell it was sitting in a friends attic for years so i cannot complain.

I want this pistol to be good, i really do.
0

#779 User is offline   Legato 

  • AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator
  • Posts: 8,771
  • Joined: 02-February 05
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Milford, Massachusetts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 02:23 AM

View PostThalion, on May 11 2009, 12:39 PM, said:

Meanwhile, I'm wondering how long it'll be to get honest reviews on the TPX from real players -- I tend to ignore "first impression" reviews when the bias is at its highest.

I'm thinking it will be a good year before we hear an honest review from the tippy fanboys. At first everyone will think it's the best marker ever. That will stay like that for the better part of the year. Then finally reality will set in and we will finally get honest opinions of it. Just like all things....

God i remember when Myth regs first came out, everyone swore by them like they were the best reg ever, two years later and you start hearing the honest reviews from EVERYONE about how much they suck, and just are inconsistent.

Takes time for people to become honest with themselves over purcheses they make. You want to believe what you bought was a quality finely made product. Sucks to find out you didn't buy one.

"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT
0

#780 User is offline   Firemage 

  • Otaku
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 150
  • Joined: 14-July 05
  • Location:Michigan, Metro Detroit
  • Brigade Name:Firemage

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:51 AM

I remember a really well done first impression of the T8, but on the TPX i expect it to be much like my A5, not perfect, but something that works, and will keep working as long as one keeps it cleaned and doesn't treat it like a club. It might not be mana from the heavens but i expect it to be a fun little marker for someone who may want a pistol and not want to spend 45$ on the clips. But i'll still be taking a close look at the TPX before i consider getting one.
-Gabe, Rpger, Otaku, Detroiter
From the shadow of the Glass Palace
"Speramus meliora; resurget cineribus"
"We hope for better days; it shall rise from its ashes"
A motto to live by.
0

Share this topic:


  • (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53
  • 54
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users