• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#676 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:00 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath... how many times has it been delayed so far? I hope they do hit the date, but I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe before summer starts.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#677 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:03 PM

The mid-April release sounds pretty solid. Obviously nobody can go to the bank on any speculation but from the dealers I have talked to mid-April seems to be gold.

#678 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 23 March 2009 - 10:41 PM

I hope so- any more delays will not help Tippmann in any way, since every day that goes by without the pistol is x-many sales they potentially don't make or lose to a competitor. I'd like to see them do well with this.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#679 User is offline   AgentSmith 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:AgentSmith

Posted 24 March 2009 - 05:16 AM

I think the only problem with April 10th(which is when many retailers are listing as the date these go on sale) will be low quantities. One retailer on another forum said he preordered over 50 and was told by Tippmann he was only receiving 5 in the 1st wave. Preorders have flooded in from around the country, this will just blow any release Tippmann's had in a long time out of the water based on preorders alone with some retailers having over 100.

There was really only one delay, but it was a biggie, 6 months, mostly due to people like me and many others telling Tippmann to get this right the first time. The only Niche wide open in the pistol market is for a pistol that actually works well out of the box...

Hell Survivors field and the Exotic Sportz stores(same owners) are one of Tippmann's largest and oldest customers, just to give you an idea-they've used Tippmanns as rental guns since the SMG60 came out in the 80s and with 3 big games a year(Global Conquest, Monster Game and TippmannVsWorld challenge) plus scenario games their rental fleet alone is a couple hundred guns.
They are getting 20 pistols and they are scheduled to arrive in time to go on sale April 10th. Only a couple of weeks now! So hopefully all we've got to do is log onto youtube late on the 10th and looksee! I will have a helmetcam video of firing and reloading mine up in a matter of hours from when I get it(I am first on the preorder list and will be camping out waiting for the store to open). I will come back here and post a link as soon as I have it.

There's only one competitor for this thing and that's Tiberius' TAG8 and IMO most who want one of those really bad have one by now, or are waiting, hoping to pick them up used for cheap after the Tippy comes out. Some will switch just because the tippy is new and others, like me, have been waiting to get the TPX(I've already sold my TAG8 with it's custom leather holster).

All I have to do now is sit back and wait, good thing I don't chew my nails or I'd have no triggerfinger left by then!
Rob

#680 User is offline   wargames 

• Eat, sleep, bleed the paint
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WARGAMES

Posted 24 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

We'll be looking forward to your report. I just hope I have mine before the end of summer.
I am the Paintball Stig
Do not pain searching for identity, learn to live in your period of history as a human being.
Society accepts tyranny because it fears uncertainty.

#681 User is offline   weeebeep 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:weeebeep

Posted 25 March 2009 - 12:00 PM

ya i really think its kinda haloesque. It seems simple enough to do the mod. just need a sheet of tin or some soft metal and a laser pointer. (okay maybe a screw or 2 would help)

Im really lookin forward to this marker. hopeing to get one. but then again im flat broke. i guess ill make a few stocks here and there and sell em for some extra cash.

gonna have to be creative and make a stock/sight rail for this one too... bad tippmann for not puting iron sights on it. I've come to expect atleast that much from tippmann.

#682 User is offline   JRpaintballer36 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:JRpaintballer36

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Yea..I wish they woulda put a rail on top...hopefully there will be an aftermarket one that you can put on it!

#683 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 26 March 2009 - 10:59 AM

View PostJRpaintballer36, on Mar 25 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Yea..I wish they woulda put a rail on top...hopefully there will be an aftermarket one that you can put on it!

Ehh, simple enough mod to do anyways.

#684 User is offline   JRpaintballer36 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 05:00 AM

View Postshadow_772, on Mar 26 2009, 12:59 PM, said:

View PostJRpaintballer36, on Mar 25 2009, 08:53 PM, said:

Ehh, simple enough mod to do anyways.

Ahhh...Very True! I'm prolly gunna wait a week or so to see if the gun is actually any good...and if they are then I kno what im getting for my birthday!!

#685 User is offline   shadow_772 

• Never compromise, even in the face of armageddon
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadow_772

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

I suppose it can't really be that crappy.. They actually listened to people, and if it performs ok, I would pick it up over a T8. Simplicity wins...

#686 User is offline   JRpaintballer36 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:52 AM

Yea...I figured that it couldnt be that bad either...Me 2 cuz the T8 is lame looking and its more expensive!

#687 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:17 AM

Has anyone heard anything new on how efficient the TPX actually is?

With the T8 you need a 3/16 hex to replace the CO2. You're not allowed to bring tools on the field. So the TPX has an definite advantage no matter how many shots you get per 12g.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#688 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:49 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 27 2009, 10:17 AM, said:

With the T8 you need a 3/16 hex to replace the CO2. You're not allowed to bring tools on the field. So the TPX has an definite advantage no matter how many shots you get per 12g.

Not quite. From the factory, you are correct.

It didn't take long for people to devise tool-less 12 gram changers for T8 magazines. In that sense, the TPX advantage departs.

To me, the TPX's biggest advantage is the low-cost magazines (2 TPX mags for less than 1 T8 mag). I don't know how the TPX will perform for now though, and since I have not been impressed with Tippmann for a while, I'll wait and see how it does.
Member of Team Akkadian

#689 User is offline   Fets25 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Fets25

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:46 AM

I am excited for the TPX as well, I think it looks like the best thought out pistol to date. I also heard that dealers will only get 5 with the initial shipment, I know our sponsor has a few pre-order slots left if anyone is looking. Who knows how long the 2nd wave will take with the way Tippmann has been lately.

#690 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:48 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 27 2009, 08:17 AM, said:

Has anyone heard anything new on how efficient the TPX actually is?

Well I've heard that it was 40 but that sounded WAY too high to me. I think someone mentioned it somewhere in this thread actually.
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users