• You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#646 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:13 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Mar 9 2009, 09:44 PM, said:

They didn't release anything about the actual price but they did say that the maintnance kit would be optional as well as the carrying case when purchasing.

So there's already potential for cheaper options for buying the marker I'm guessing the projected price of $219.99 would be with all the options so IMO it should be at least around $190 for the marker alone.

Kind of like the $300 dollar players package for the Tib 8 where as the marker alone is $230

I'm guessing it will be $219 for just the gun.

Did you guys notice the velocity adjustment screw isn't in the middle of the gun? It's at the back, this could actually be a new design. Shocking.

View PostSatan Von Chaos, on Mar 10 2009, 01:52 AM, said:

Its a great looking Marker/pistol. I love the way the CO2 is stored and that you can insert it and it won't be breached until you pull the trigger.

Now, my question is, does it reseal? What if you fire it once, and it won't be a while until you need it again. Would the air be gone?

Great looking marker really, but I hope it works as good as it looks.

Can't wait to find out for myself!

The gun will be pressurized, the air won't just disappear. It would be sorta like any other pistol. But it doesn't really need to re-seal.

#647 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

View Postghost93, on Mar 10 2009, 05:13 PM, said:

I'm guessing it will be $219 for just the gun.

From Sideshow on A5OG.net:

They are going to be $219.00 and it includes 2 magazines.

Magazine 2 packs are 29.00

The will ship to dealers mid april.

They are LIMITED at first. dealers will only get a few regardless of preorder ( one guy my rep has ordered 100...lol He'll only get 5 at first till every dealer gets them and stock replenishes )

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#648 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:23 PM

So $248 for the gun and 4 mags vs $230 fora T8?
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#649 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

sweet!

#650 User is offline   sipbgod94 

• proud pistol toter
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:29 PM

aside from this new price drama has anyone noticed the price for the mag two pack is $29.99 as opposed to the original projected price of 20 for two. If any of you have seen the mags they look almost like that of an airsoft gun with the obvious difference in size. So Tippmann what gives?
Resident Lax know-all, got a lacrosse related question ask here.

#651 User is offline   NightBlackDelta 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:NightBlackDelta

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:38 PM

View Postsipbgod94, on Mar 10 2009, 06:29 PM, said:

aside from this new price drama has anyone noticed the price for the mag two pack is $29.99 as opposed to the original projected price of 20 for two. If any of you have seen the mags they look almost like that of an airsoft gun with the obvious difference in size. So Tippmann what gives?

Well, it's not like they need to hold the CO2, so I can see them being very simplistic and cheap to manufacture if they hold only the spring, follower, and paintballs. Mag lips won't bend or anything given the pressure exerted by paintballs loaded into the magazine. Personally, as long as it'll feed reliably, and has decent durability, I don't see an issue. Cheaper mags make my day so much better.

Now, personally, I wonder if the remote can be quick disconnected. For example, my main marker goes down, can I pull the pistol, fire off shots from the 12 gram until the immediate area is safe, then pull my remote line off the main marker onto the pistol? Given the price, one could have four magazines, so that would make reloading a bit easier and saves money on 12 grams.
Jesus may have walked on water... But I can run! That's just how epic I am.

#652 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:51 PM

*dreams of hooking up a remote and rigging a q-loader to my arm* :laugh:

#653 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Not suprised the mags are $15 each. I was yelled at for saying this is exactly what was going to happen. They said I was complaining. Ha! I was right, and have yet again been disappointed by Tippmann.

Looking at the math with projected prices: TPX x2 (<$400) Mags x6 ($60) = <$460
The math with actual prices: TPX x2 ($440) Mags x6 ($90) = $530

That's a difference of $70+. That is enough to cover more than two full weekends of paintballing with pistols for me. Even going used your going to be able to pick up Tac8s cheaper....

#654 User is offline   82ndx 

• Facta Non Verba
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:82ndx

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

View PostChaos, on Mar 10 2009, 06:06 PM, said:

Not suprised the mags are $15 each. I was yelled at for saying this is exactly what was going to happen. They said I was complaining. Ha! I was right, and have yet again been disappointed by Tippmann.

That's a difference of $70+. That is enough to cover more than two full weekends of paintballing with pistols for me. Even going used your going to be able to pick up Tac8s cheaper....

Maybe I am missing something? Elaborate?

#655 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

Not suprised the mags are $15 each. I was yelled at for saying this is exactly what was going to happen. They said I was complaining.

i thought the projected price was $20, at least that's what i had heard(and i think posted in this thread though there's no way i wading backwards

also how is the tac8 cheaper?

#656 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:18 AM

you guys seem to forget that Tippmann dont hold their value very long, after a year or so they will more than likely drop in price about $20-50......

#657 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 AM

View Post82ndx, on Mar 10 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

Maybe I am missing something? Elaborate?

We were told when word first got out about this that the price of the gun was going to be sub-$200. We we also told that they mags were going to be sold in packs of 2, for $20. We were also told this thing was going to be released last fall. It was not released last fall because they decided to drop their original play of selling us another Tippmann JUNK, because they realized people might get angry. So here we are with a product 6 months late (I was told last night, that stores cannot sell them until May now...) priced higher than we were told, and not really priced to compete as well with the Tac8 as we had hoped, because chances are, the Tiberius prices will drop when, or shortly after this comes out. I see people already trying to unload their Tac8s in the BSTs, saddly, they are trying to get almost retail out of them.

#658 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:45 AM

Soo... Now you're ticked off because Ttippmann has scrapped the "junk" idea and is using better quality materials which will cause a price increase?

Take your pick: Slightly more expensive/better quality OR cheap junk.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#659 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Mar 11 2009, 08:45 AM, said:

Soo... Now you're ticked off because Ttippmann has scrapped the "junk" idea and is using better quality materials which will cause a price increase?

Take your pick: Slightly more expensive/better quality OR cheap junk.

I think I'll go with slightly more expensive.
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#660 User is offline   Shadowjackal 

• Accuracy through Volume of Fire!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Shadowjackal

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:55 AM

I am sure that I am labeled as a Tippmann "fanboy", but, I am even more excited about this pistol! I am so glad I did not buy a Tac 8 last tax season. This pistol is more of what I am looking for! It has A-5 threads, accepts a remote line (for future upgrade possibilities) and has the 12 gram under the barrel! Just when I thought I was done buying markers... Paintball Discounters are accepting pre-orders...
Blessed be the LORD my Rock, Who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle. My lovingkindness and my fortress, My high tower and my deliverer, my shield and the ONE in whom I take refuge!

Automags: Because only the best will do!

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users