#586 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:49 PM

View PostStonewall, on Feb 17 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

View PostTribs, on Feb 17 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

View Postdelta recon, on Feb 17 2009, 01:37 PM, said:

looks sweet. but also gives the impression that its a little big and lunky.
its gonna be intresting to see how much it costs

From the look of the picture we weren't supposed to see, it doesn't look bulky at all, since the co2 is now supposedly under-barrel. I'm just concerned that it will be difficult to unscrew the co2 and change it in a quick period of time.

They've already stated that it takes approx. 2 turns of the knob to release the 12 gram from the chamber and vise versa. Does no one read any of the previous posts? All this has been said a million times. Also the 12 gram is punctured with the first trigger pull and the Tippmann was/is aiming for around 40 shots off one 12 gram.

:rolleyes:

~Stone

Just because they say that doesn't mean it's what actually will happen.

#587 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

View PostTribs, on Feb 17 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

And, I think they said they are hoping to shoot 4 mags per 12 gram. I can't remember, but I think the mags are supposed to hold only 8 rounds. So that is 32 shots.

#588 User is offline   Tribs 

• Real men use 12 grams
  • PipPipPip

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:01 PM

View PostJackson, on Feb 17 2009, 07:52 PM, said:

View PostTribs, on Feb 17 2009, 07:49 PM, said:

And, I think they said they are hoping to shoot 4 mags per 12 gram. I can't remember, but I think the mags are supposed to hold only 8 rounds. So that is 32 shots.

I doubt that as well, but I will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be true. The efficiency of a phantom in pistol form will be amazing, but I guess it would make sense due to how close the 12 gram will be to the bolt system in the pistol, and how small the bolt should be, lengthwise.

#589 User is offline   SIEFKA 

• Matt Fitzgerald
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIEFKA

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

Too me I think that Caturday is the HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON day between saturday and sunday.

Of course if you think caturday is a real day go ahead then, its all for you. For me not so much, see............ I have a life and actually want to spend it doing fun and enjoyable stuff instead of just wasting my time making jokes about Caturday and the 22. So pull your head out of your butt and discuss paintball.

This post has been edited by SIEFKA: 17 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

#590 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 17 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

View PostTribs, on Feb 17 2009, 05:49 PM, said:

View PostStonewall, on Feb 17 2009, 05:42 PM, said:

View PostTribs, on Feb 17 2009, 03:19 PM, said:

View Postdelta recon, on Feb 17 2009, 01:37 PM, said:

looks sweet. but also gives the impression that its a little big and lunky.
its gonna be intresting to see how much it costs

From the look of the picture we weren't supposed to see, it doesn't look bulky at all, since the co2 is now supposedly under-barrel. I'm just concerned that it will be difficult to unscrew the co2 and change it in a quick period of time.

They've already stated that it takes approx. 2 turns of the knob to release the 12 gram from the chamber and vise versa. Does no one read any of the previous posts? All this has been said a million times. Also the 12 gram is punctured with the first trigger pull and the Tippmann was/is aiming for around 40 shots off one 12 gram.

:dodgy:

~Stone

I agree. I was just stating information that had already been posted for Tribs. I can't remember what page or what forum for that matter that someone who had experience with it stated it got around 40 shots off one 12. It's around here somewhere.

~Stone
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#591 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Chaos

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

I am curious as to what the barrel length is supposed to be. I am hoping 5 or 6 inches. 2 inches for a Python kit and either a Lapco 3" or Stiffi 4"

#592 User is offline   ike123 

• Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ike

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

View PostSIEFKA, on Feb 17 2009, 05:34 PM, said:

Too me I think that Caturday is the HAPPY SKIPPING JOYFUL PERSON day between saturday and sunday.

Of course if you think caturday is a real day go ahead then, its all for you. For me not so much, see............ I have a life and actually want to spend it doing fun and enjoyable stuff instead of just wasting my time making jokes about Caturday and the 22. So pull your head out of your butt and discuss paintball.

How about you lighten up? I'm sure that maybe minute and a half you took coulda cured cancer or or something, but jeez, if you're on the forums, you're wasting time anyways...
Paintball isn't my hobby, it's my lifestyle. Go hard or go home.

#593 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:34 AM

View PostSIEFKA, on Feb 17 2009, 08:34 PM, said:

Time for a vacation.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#594 User is offline   Stonewall 

• PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Stonewal1

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:50 AM

View PostPuzuma, on Feb 18 2009, 07:34 AM, said:

View PostSIEFKA, on Feb 17 2009, 08:34 PM, said:

Time for a vacation.

You can say that again.

@Chaos- I think that 6 in sounds about right. All the pictures with the guy holding the TPX kinda help in getting an idea. I'm just glad it's actually threaded for other barrels instead of the way the T8 does it.

~Stone
"My men may fail to take a position, but driven from one?, NEVER!!!!"
~Lt. General Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson Confederate General~

#595 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:13 AM

View PostStonewall, on Feb 18 2009, 09:50 AM, said:

You can say that again.

@Chaos- I think that 6 in sounds about right. All the pictures with the guy holding the TPX kinda help in getting an idea. I'm just glad it's actually threaded for other barrels instead of the way the T8 does it.

~Stone

Except that the muzzle end of the shell is narrow and limits the diameter of barrel you can use. If the stock barrel is the same diameter as the A-5 stock barrel (which it appears to be), then you are limited to what the Pro/Carbine can use: J&J Ceramic, Lapco barrels, and a few other obscure ones. Lapco are arguably among the best, and they already make barrels for the Tiberius line. So the barrel selection doesn't appear to be any better.

And, with a mag fed pistol, the breach is especially hard to reach vs other markers. The Tiberius barrel has the breach and barrel combined, just like twist-lock Automags. If a ball is broken in the breach or barrel of a Tiberius, push in the muzzle, 1/4 turn, squeegy through, put the barrel back in, 1/4 turn. Both the barrel and breach cleaned. Break a ball in the barrel of the TPX, unscrew half a dozen turns trying to get a grip on the small exposed tip, squeegy, another half dozen turns to screw back in. Any paint in the breach though, good luck with that on the field. Ain't happening. That requires a full disassembly.

This post has been edited by Jackson: 18 February 2009 - 08:20 AM

#596 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:59 AM

View PostJackson, on Feb 18 2009, 10:13 AM, said:

And, with a mag fed pistol, the breach is especially hard to reach vs other markers. The Tiberius barrel has the breach and barrel combined, just like twist-lock Automags. If a ball is broken in the breach or barrel of a Tiberius, push in the muzzle, 1/4 turn, squeegy through, put the barrel back in, 1/4 turn. Both the barrel and breach cleaned. Break a ball in the barrel of the TPX, unscrew half a dozen turns trying to get a grip on the small exposed tip, squeegy, another half dozen turns to screw back in. Any paint in the breach though, good luck with that on the field. Ain't happening. That requires a full disassembly.

...barrel swab.....granted its not going to be immaculate but it will get it fairly clean...

#597 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:49 PM

View PostJackson, on Feb 18 2009, 08:13 AM, said:

Except that the muzzle end of the shell is narrow and limits the diameter of barrel you can use. If the stock barrel is the same diameter as the A-5 stock barrel (which it appears to be), then you are limited to what the Pro/Carbine can use: J&J Ceramic, Lapco barrels, and a few other obscure ones. Lapco are arguably among the best, and they already make barrels for the Tiberius line. So the barrel selection doesn't appear to be any better.

You could always just bore it out to make the opening bigger

OR, just eject the mag, and run a pull through squeegie through.

#598 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

A few more tidbits of info I'll pass along from my friend.

This from Maverick, a canadian pistol player who helped with the design.

I'm by no means a Tippmann rep, but I did help with the design of the TPX pistol. I haven't gone through every post here, but if there are questions, I'll do my best to answer without violating my confidentiality agreement.
I will say this though:
1) the barrel is threaded, allowing for aftermarket barrels almost instantly
2) the quickchange for the CO2 if fast, very fast. Maybe a 3/4 turn fast. Is it as fast as swapping out T8/T9 mags? After 2 clips, no, but it's faster than any other pistol out there, and we've been working on an even faster design
3) the clips will be reasonably priced (I don't know the final price, that's Tippmann's job, not mine..lol) and readily available
4) the valving has taking into account what happens with the cartridge sitting horizontally. The last time I shot one of the working prototypes I had very little fps deviation until the 12g ran out.
5) the valve design is a unique and new design, one that has not been seen in a paintball marker to date. Aspects of the internals are similar to tried and true internals, but the overall design is brand new.
6) the clamshell design was determined to be the fastest way possible to easily access the internals for cleaning/repairing, etc. considering the new internal design.
7) the 12g is pierced on the first trigger pull, allowing you to load a cartridge without having to pierce it unless needed. For those that use this as a sidearm, it's perfect. For those that run it as a primary, it's very easy to get used to.

From Sideshow a dealer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMan7777
What did you contribute specifically to the design?

Also, can you answer some direct questions, or if you can’t please just say that you can’t

1) does the regulator include an overpressure relief valve(like the Tiberius?)
2) what threading is it threaded to? A5?
3) What barrel size (id) does it come with?
4) How many rounds can the clip hold
5) Is the clip ejected via spring or backpressure (like the Tiberius…can’t see how this is possible, just asking though)
6) Is there a way to see how many shots remain in the clip?
7) Can you see if there is a ball loaded in the barrel?
8) Where do you adjust the regulator, is it upgradeable?
9) What is the weight of the bolt?
10) What is the volume of air in the firing chamber (compared to the Tiberius)
11) How does the recharge rate of the regulator compare to that of the Tiberius?
12) Can it fit comfortably/snugly in a Tiberius holster or will a new one be required
13) What is the overall weight?
14) How does the grip feel (size/ergonomics) compared to the Tiberius?

thats it for now:

I can answer alot of this due to having held, fired, and toyed with the prototype

1) No
2) A5
3) .690 /.692
4) 8
5) Spring
6) not without removing
7) no
8) the back above the grip
9) that I cant answer
10) Cant Answer
11) as fast as you pull the trigger
12) YES, it fits perfect, its the same size only 1/2 - 2/3 the weight
13) alot lighter, no actual number though...didnt have a scale ...lol
14) alot thinner, it fits more apropriate in the hand

MAverick corrects sideshow about #6, the clear plastic window in the final.

It's my belief sideshow got #1 wrong too.

Talked to the Tippmann engineer again today, I was correct that there IS an adjustable internal regulator in this pistol.
The fit and finish problems of the pictured pistol from the PBextravaganza, are the result of the gun shown being a late prototype and NOT the production model, we pressured Tippmann to the point that the marketing department wisely decided they'd better bring SOMETHING with them or they'd get lynched:ROTFL:. The production guns won't have the seam issues where the clamshell sides meet.

The balls are released in the gun, but as a result of the staggered box magazine, ejecting a mag early will only lose you the ball in the gun and the top one off of the mag, instead of the whole mag ejecting up into the gun as happens with most TAGmags.

The C/A attachment is NOT under the big square plate but a smaller knockout.

There will be minor changes from the gun shown at PBE, but so far there's no big snags that will keep this gun from coming out in april.

A great guy who was very conscious of the fact that we're out here watching. Considering the fact that I thought NOONE could come out with a design this well conceived, while being hemmed in by previous patents, the engineer team(the real dynamic duo) gets a genius badge from Agentsmith...
I knew I was in good hands once I saw they had a Smith on the job laugh.gif

#599 User is offline   EpShot 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

i am intrigued by your communication :P

#600 User is offline   Chaos 

• RagTag Renegade
  • PipPipPipPipPip