• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Tippmann Pistol Rate Topic: ****- 6 Votes

#1 User is offline   Orpackrat 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Orpackrat

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:59 AM

In addition to the new Straightline Barrel launched yesterday, Tippmann is also announcing at D-Day the launch of a new Pistol to the paintball industry. Because our dealers and core players have been asking for a premium pistol, we feel the opportunity exists for Tippmann to launch a better pistol, using brand new technology that will quickly make it the most sought after pistol on the market. Unfortunately at this time we cannot elaborate much beyond the fact that it will be .68 caliber, lightweight, compact, modifiable and have the Tippmann reliability our customers have come to expect.

At D-Day we will also be giving players an opportunity to sign up for a Sneak Peek email but of course as a Tippmann Dealer you will automatically be updated on a regular basis during the summer months. Although this pistol will not be available until the fall, we are launching at D-Day because we feel we are far enough along with this new technology and that the timing is right to announce an exciting new product to our core group of scenario players.

Tippmann is extremely excited with the initial response of our new products launched this year. The new U.S Army Alpha Black, the updated 98 Custom Platinum Series have surpassed our initial expectations by providing exceptional value to your customers and we feel our entry into this new category will further fuel the growth of paintball with the avid player.

Thanks for your continued support.
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Legato 

• AKA reapermen - AKA Legaqua - Resident Brass Whore
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Retired/Inactive Moderator

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

Looks like a modded Tac 8/9. Definitely doesn't look blowback, too short in length, unless it is bigger than it "looks". Interesting to see what they are doing. Whether they did blow forward or not, we will have to see.
"I think wearing camo is dishonorable. No honorable player would pretend to be a tree or bush."Posted Image My Gallery - Ninja/Pirate Alliance - Marker Animations Posted ImageSpec Ops Posted Image Pump CrewSig Rules - Gen Rules & Regs - Avatar Rules - Warn Level/Reduction - Forum FAQs - Ultimate Pump Sticky - PDT

#3 User is offline   dougdeb 

• ________
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KWEIMATHA

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:07 AM

Well, we'll see. As much as it saddens me to say it, I don't have much faith in them to deliver. :P Gone are to days of the ProCarbine. I love my A5, but it lacks the quality and craftsmanship of the early Tippmanns. Maybe this will change my mind. I'll give it the chance.

Aloha, Doug
:hawaiian:

edit: double post

This post has been edited by dougdeb: 13 June 2008 - 01:09 AM

If the person on the other end of your gun does not walk away eagerly anticipating the next game because of your actions,
you have failed as a paintballer.

#4 User is offline   asfaraslogic 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 02:42 AM

I cannot wait for this... I was just getting into looking at pistols, I guess now I will just wait until this comes out and jump on it.

#5 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:51 AM

That bottom rail in the front almost looks big enough to house a 12 gram... then you would only have the paintballs in the grip instead of both the 12 gram and paintballs like the Tiberius pistols. I don't know if you could fit more paintballs in the grip then or not. How would a double stack mag work with paintballs? :ninja:

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#6 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:37 PM

i hope its cheap, less then $100 then id buy it ;)
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#7 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

I'm guessing it's a "short blowback". Basically a lighter weight, low-travel action. You could do an inline very short if you built it right.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#8 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

Im not much of a pistol person but it will be neat to see if it will contend with the T8/T9. It will be neat to see id tippmann will try to compete with the new BT and Bob Long Marker.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#9 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 13 June 2008 - 12:59 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Jun 13 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

I'm guessing it's a "short blowback". Basically a lighter weight, low-travel action. You could do an inline very short if you built it right.

Either that or a Tiberius clone... personally I'm hoping for the short blowback.

To the guy above... I really doubt it will be under $100. There's no way Tippmann would sell it for that price.

-Z3R0
Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#10 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:01 PM

Curious to see if it costs an arm and a leg. If not, I'd buy it pending some reviews.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#11 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

I may have some more info on this Monday
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#12 User is offline   SubMiler 

• Pistolero
  • PipPipPip

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:35 PM

What would be interesting to see is if they do a Tac style marker that runs on mags, but you can also load it from the top if you don't have enough mags... Or because it's going to be lightweight that means they're going to skim somewhere and probably make it a remote pistol, which I do sometimes for my T9 in pistol.

#13 User is offline   Varnel 

• Team F.E.A.R Co-Captain
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Varnel

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:49 PM

Looks interesting indeed, if they can manage to make the grip a little smaller than the Tac 8's then I may have to get one! My girly hands are to small to comfortably hold a Tac 8...

#14 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:50 PM

Well, they did one thing right. Notice the curved trigger. That's something the Tac8 never had.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#15 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

^Good call
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

Share this topic:

• (58 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users