Special Ops Paintball: Help with new dagger gun(i don't know much, please help!) - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Help with new dagger gun(i don't know much, please help!) Current using 98C ACT, would like something lighter, smaller Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   NewbDagger08(help me out!) 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Dagger20

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:39 AM

So I'm new to the dagger scene. I've been playing "sniper" and that didn't go so well since I can't sit still for more than 10 minutes. I'm trying to get into playing dagger to a pretty serious point. I'm looking for a cost efficient gun that's small, light, has a pretty high rate of fire, and can run on C02 because I cannot get compressed air where I live. in other words I'm looking for a cost efficient speedball gun that won't need a ton of upgrades to make it decent like a 98 does. I've been playing paintball for 2 years but haven't used anything beside my Tippmann 98C and I think we can all agree it is pretty heavy and large. Please help me out I don't know the first thing about any other paintball gun!

Here is what I've been using(in case this helps)

98C ACT
Cyclone Hopper
Expansion Chamber
Double Trigger
14" Carbon Fiber Barrel
20 oz. CO2
and I have polished the internals and regularly oil and clean it.

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   ThirdI 

• Elite Weekend 2007 Sportsmanship Winner and 2008 Instructor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ThirdI

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:13 AM

Since you're stuck with CO2, you're probably gonna be limited to looking at a Spyder VS-Series marker. Not exactly the best marker out there but, if you absolutely cannot get HPA, then Spyder's probably going to be your best bet. Any money you have left to spend, I would get a used J&J Barrel kit and DEFINITELY buy a spring kit. Spyder without a spring kit is a bad idea.

#3 User is offline   NewbDagger08(help me out!) 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:12 AM

ok. do you think i'd be better off just adding to my 98 custom? if not i was looking at the new Kingman Spyder Pilot 08 with eye. It's semi-auto and has two other modes also. It can get up to 25 bps and it's 25% lighter and 15% shorter than the previous pilot. I figured i could get an evo 3 hopper, a spring kit, and a barrel kit and it'd be a pretty good setup. Check it out here> http://www.discountpaintball.com/kingman-s...c80b8eee394aef6

#4 User is offline   Epic win 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Yardsalesniper312

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:15 AM

You need an anti-siphon tube for co2 on the pilot 2008.

#5 User is offline   The Scout 

• Penny for the gurney
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Scout

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Pumps are the lightest set-ups out there, next to some pistols. They are very cost effective as well. You won't believe how much the weight will make a difference.
Official Pump Owner #98
"Maybe God keeps us on earth, just like we have beef farms for cows. Then, when we die he eats us... I just freaked myself out. Be right back, I gotta go pray"-Kook

#6 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:07 PM

automag, small, durable, and it has a built in regulator.
RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#7 User is offline   thisissparta 

• Tonight, We Dine In Heck!!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:thisissparta

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

View PostSOLIDUS SNAKE, on Jun 11 2008, 01:07 PM, said:

QFT

a classic valve mag (such as a Minimag) can run on CO2. It fits all of the qualities you want for just a little more than the Spyder.

:hawaiian:

This post has been edited by thisissparta: 11 June 2008 - 01:18 PM

The Spartan Armory: 98 Custom, Spyder e99 Avant, Tippmann A5, PMI-1, Splatmaster, SL-68 II, Classic Mag, Nel-Spot 007, WGP Sniper II (~95), DM5, SL-68II, Dye Reflex, Sideline Duckslide, Pro-Carbine, Piranha LB, Splatmaster, PG convert, Tippmann Pro-Lite, K-Framed Palmer's Paladin, T8 with TRG and milling work, SA-8, Gargantom, Custom Cocker
Feedback: SO Forum (+13/-0) MCB: (+24/-0) I love Kaesie. Fact: I am a ninja.

#8 User is offline   SOLIDUS SNAKE 

• dislikes his own avvy
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CORPORATE ASSASIN

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:05 PM

View Postthisissparta, on Jun 11 2008, 04:13 PM, said:

View PostSOLIDUS SNAKE, on Jun 11 2008, 01:07 PM, said:

QFT

a classic valve mag (such as a Minimag) can run on CO2. It fits all of the qualities you want for just a little more than the Spyder.

:hawaiian:

and i by far out performs anything else in its price range (i put it = with a cocker)

This post has been edited by SOLIDUS SNAKE: 11 June 2008 - 02:06 PM

RAP 4, We Make All Those Terrible Products Nobody Asked For - C-3
My feedback

#9 User is offline   NewbDagger08(help me out!) 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:01 AM

I have now found a place 15 minutes from my house where I can get HPA tanks filled therefore I can switch to HPA and have a much wider variety of options as far as markers go. I was thinking about getting an ion, although I already have an evil pipe barrel kit that fits pmi/spyder threads that my friend just sold to me. I know you guys can probably help me out a lot more now that I have access to HPA

#10 User is offline   Monty97 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:centurion97

Posted 18 June 2008 - 04:31 PM

View PostNewbDagger08(help me out!), on Jun 18 2008, 01:01 PM, said:

I have now found a place 15 minutes from my house where I can get HPA tanks filled therefore I can switch to HPA and have a much wider variety of options as far as markers go. I was thinking about getting an ion, although I already have an evil pipe barrel kit that fits pmi/spyder threads that my friend just sold to me. I know you guys can probably help me out a lot more now that I have access to HPA

I recently bought an ION and for the money it is an excellent gun to have, its light, small and really easy to move around with. I would recommend buying one or look into a PMR as well.

#11 User is offline   Woodbender 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Woodbender

Posted 18 June 2008 - 06:00 PM

I don't have personal experience with one but many others have recommended an SLG for those who want performance at a low cost.

#12 User is offline   Florentine 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

View PostNewbDagger08(help me out!), on Jun 18 2008, 02:01 PM, said:

eh, I would personally stay away from smart parts. Im not gonna get into the arguements, but I will never own a smart parts gun. I would check out the automag line, autococker, or phantoms.
Hey baby, wanna come over to myspace so i can twitter your yahoo till I google all over your facebook?
Feedback

Becc: "I'm not really a vegetarian, I eat some forms of sausage."

#13 User is offline   DZ Unit-1 

• Cacophony Pony
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:DZ Unit-1

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:52 PM

View PostWoodbender, on Jun 18 2008, 06:00 PM, said:

I don't have personal experience with one but many others have recommended an SLG for those who want performance at a low cost.

You can find a Ion out there cheaper than an SLG running around, and they're not as customizable to fit as many jobs as an Ion can. I've also heard the SLGs can't handle nearly as much punishment as an Ion as well. Of course, I've never hung with these markers before, but having seen the differences when put in combat, The Ion still offers the most potential when it comes to low end electro markers. Besides, there's always the PMR people are looking to sell (near the price tag of a Ion if you still prefer proto), quite alot of low end markers going out cheap at pbnation.
Posted Image
"and DZ, I love that pic so much. If you were a girl, and not just a dude who looked like a girl, I would kiss you." mrwaterbuffalo, 1:17 AM "DZ, what are you?" -SnV- "He are legend." -Veritech Squad-

#14 User is offline   Infamous_51 

• official rock and roll clown
  • PipPipPip

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

well i havent played with one but ive HEARD sp-1 are pretty good, they arent a speedball gun, but ive HEARD they shoot faster than the average mil-sim and its upgradable :unsure:

(Go sig yourself) Maybe I will...Maybe I will..........-Epic_fail

#15 User is offline   paulpker121 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Spotter6661

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:06 AM

The Smart Parts SP-1 looks like a good marker for co2.
If We Cant Do It, It Doesnt Need To Be Done!

Official Sabre #1337

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users