Special Ops Paintball: shadow class - Special Ops Paintball

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

shadow class i thought it through and took me awhile to put it down Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Anubis9k

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:16 AM

ive read a few of topics and ill try not to bore you or make it seem like im trying to make a l337 n00b class...
basically what im thinking of is the guy that could (but not limited to) have a light weapon while flanking(silently) crawling and getting right next to you (in a way where you don't notice him) and taking you down (outside the 5 foot rule or w/e it is) in the most painful way possible...
ill try to put down what i deem required of this class (minimum)

weapon proffered: anything under 7 lbs (i have one thats 22 so yeah)
armor: light to light-medium
ammo: plenty (at least 2-3 extra tubes)
co2 tank: 20oz (full)
clothing: non bright colors, camo, nothing too baggy or noisy

ok now for what its specs would be

Name: Ghost
code name: Shadow ( i got lazy)
role: assassin (if you wanna call it that)
rate: 4/5
necessity: 1/5 (filler role)

ill update it when i think of other stuff and ill edit what i think might be stupid... y'all can change it around and see if that sounds good. people might be wondering why i put age 15-16+... its because i wouldn't want to have some random 10 yr old play as the "ghost" and do his job but get shot really early because he couldn't keep his mouth SHUT!!! for instance... the 10 yr old take down a guy and pops up from hiding and screams "YOU JUST GOT OWNED!!!" and POW... gets shot in the face by the guy he shot's buddy.........yes..... its happened before. :D

one last time though, im going to draw a visual image of what i see this class doing.

game starts and everyone starts running, rounds flying and people getting hit.
commander tells riflemen where to position and notices he's losing men left and right and cannot move forward.
the commander then tells one of his men to go prone and crawl out of fire to the far left or far right within a foot of the boundaries. this man ,A.K.A. the Ghost, then goes to crouch position and starts to slowly move towards the enemy. the Ghost then gets far enough to not only see the enemy but be able to fire upon there backs in rapid succession.
still not being seen the Ghost stays still aims at one guy and shoots him in a place where the guy would think he got shot from the front at. repeating this until taking out all enemies or found.

don't get me wrong i also see this "ghost" running full speed right into a bunch of enemies while firing his own gun... doesnt always have to be stealth

feedback would be appreciated if you want i could even show you my 22 lbs m4 carbine bt-4 assault paintball marker lol (Perfect weapon for this job lol)

#2 User is offline   Eskimo 

• Igloo Member #1
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Mime

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:54 AM

...good idea, Although its pretty close to a ghost flanker.
I give you an A for Effort.

I think instead of being the aggresive sniper this could be taken on more as a tactic, or a role. to break open lines.

I think that this person should instead stay away from the squad ( still within eye shot ) and when fighting breaks open he then comes from the side wiping out key front players and back players. ALSO used more of less of a counter flank man.
I like your idea, just needs some tweaking. <- that is also very similar to what the sniper does, act as the counter flank.
so this is hard to say as another position

and I disagree with your age group. leave it open.
The only ten year olds thay get up and scream at people after they get shot always end up leaving the sport by the time thier 12.

This post has been edited by Eskimo: 11 June 2008 - 04:55 AM

#3 User is offline   Match99 

• Hmph. He tried to take me marker.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:14 AM

View PostAnubis9k, on Jun 11 2008, 04:16 AM, said:

crawling and getting right next to you (in a way where you don't notice him) and taking you down (outside the 5 foot rule or w/e it is) in the most painful way possible...

Why painful? Pain doesn't win games, tactics do.

#4 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:23 PM

View PostMatch99, on Jun 11 2008, 05:14 AM, said:

View PostAnubis9k, on Jun 11 2008, 04:16 AM, said:

crawling and getting right next to you (in a way where you don't notice him) and taking you down (outside the 5 foot rule or w/e it is) in the most painful way possible...

Why painful? Pain doesn't win games, tactics do.

what i ment by painful is where you shoot him enough times to see the paint on him.ive been shot plenty of times and god they hurt and i wear the good equipment where it doesnt pop. so in my mind shooting them alot would not only be painful but ensure there down

but yeah im going to tweek some stuff because this wasnt my first idea about it, i forgot my first idea which was better.

#5 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:euglow54

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:34 PM

I hate the Spec Ops positions now. Everyone gets too wrapped up in classing players instead of actually just playing. Lame. C for effort, because this idea has been done to death. But A for thinking Spec Ops will actually add a position.
IPB Image
Kill by Necessity, Capture by Design
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#6 User is offline   derfererf 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:43 PM

very cool! a+ for effort....im kinda new here so i have never heard of this and this is very cool

i kinda agree with euglow54, most of the time people just get out and play, and besides snipers and heavy riflemen with 2+ guns, theres really only positions in speed ball (ie front,mid,and back)

but this would be very fun to play, i like the idea of a sniper (although some people say there is no such thing) but i cant sit there dead silent for that long, but to be sneaky like a sniper, but also aggressive and on the front line like the riflemen, seems very cool!

I support Mike and TechPb. Put this in your sig if you do too. (P.S. Mike is my hero)

#7 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

View Posteuglow54, on Jun 11 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

I hate the Spec Ops positions now. Everyone gets too wrapped up in classing players instead of actually just playing. Lame. C for effort, because this idea has been done to death. But A for thinking Spec Ops will actually add a position.

well the thing about this is you don't HAVE to play as a position.. hell i don't even play as a position unless im like extremely bored or doing a scenario. but if i was to describe myself playing paintball this would be what i do.
also i wouldn't really care if they did or didn't add it as a position im putting this down as an idea, if they want thats cool but if they don't thats cool also, just because they don't put it down in there special position doesn't mean i wont play it lol.

This post has been edited by Anubis9k: 11 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

#8 User is offline   Steel Tiger 

• Group: Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Steel Tiger

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:54 PM

Basically a combination of a dagger and a Ghost Flanker.
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:04 PM

View PostAnubis9k, on Jun 11 2008, 04:54 PM, said:

View Posteuglow54, on Jun 11 2008, 01:34 PM, said:

well the thing about this is you don't HAVE to play as a position.. hell i don't even play as a position unless im like extremely bored or doing a scenario. but if i was to describe myself playing paintball this would be what i do.
also i wouldn't really care if they did or didn't add it as a position im putting this down as an idea, if they want thats cool but if they don't thats cool also, just because they don't put it down in there special position doesn't mean i wont play it lol.

Why would you tie yourself into a playing style? I don't get some of the kids on here. Do you really conciously say to yourself, "I'm going to exhibit what Spec Ops classifies as a Dagger/Sabre/Whatever". Do you really do that? I honestly hope not. Paintball, regardless of the format, is as much of a game of skill as it is of adaptability. Period.
IPB Image
"Well, euglow54 might be the exact reason to keep the full head gear... " -Armory

#10 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

[/quote]
Why would you tie yourself into a playing style? I don't get some of the kids on here. Do you really conciously say to yourself, "I'm going to exhibit what Spec Ops classifies as a Dagger/Sabre/Whatever". Do you really do that? I honestly hope not. Paintball, regardless of the format, is as much of a game of skill as it is of adaptability. Period.
[/quote]
i don't... but im sure others do. sometimes you don't even have to say "'I'm going to exhibit what Spec Ops classifies as a Dagger/Sabre/Whatever'", sometimes it just happens that your like them, like me. i am, in my own words, the shadow class ive posted above and or a sabre class or w/e the medium rifle guy is... ill finish this later lol gotta go to work

also i dont know why my quote thing didnt work but w/e

This post has been edited by Anubis9k: 11 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

#11 User is offline   euglow54 

• Bring it...
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 02:43 PM

Positions are, for the most part, lame. I admire your passion for creating this position, but really, give this up. Positions and debates like this are pretty obnoxious.
IPB Image

#12 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 11 June 2008 - 06:25 PM

View Posteuglow54, on Jun 11 2008, 02:43 PM, said:

Positions are, for the most part, lame. I admire your passion for creating this position, but really, give this up. Positions and debates like this are pretty obnoxious.

alrighty im back! and i know positions are lame (sometimes)... why have them? if your in a speedball or woods game then ya don't bother having a position. but for scenario or base or something special, positions would be needed... in a base or scenario ect. game would you like to have a bunch of guys running around like its speedball getting owned by a bunch of nubs? no... some will say "instead of positions just use tactics!" and i agree to a point. use tactics yes but would you want to be in a game screaming at someone (possibly being heard by the enemy) to do something? or just have him do it at the beginning or halfway through the game without you telling him to do it... a position given before game could do that. one last thing, im only going to make this as obnoxious as your willing to make it lol

don't get me wrong im not trying to be mean or rude or anything im having fun debating this

#13 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:01 PM

maybe could we go further in depth? like what type of marker could they use, I'm thinking an ion with a ion longbow upgrade is perfect for any shadow, ghost flanker, sniper position because it is lower profile. but yet its hard too see someone being quick like a light rifleman with being as stealthy as a dagger its just hard too think that because the human eye and all i dont really want too go in depth with that :D but aw some class i like it but everything has bugs and stuff when its new or in the process of being made dont give up keep making it more detailed and maybe who knows some day tho ughs details could be real.
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#14 User is offline   Anubis9k 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip

Posted 16 June 2008 - 02:52 AM

View Post125blackfire, on Jun 15 2008, 07:01 PM, said:

maybe could we go further in depth? like what type of marker could they use, I'm thinking an ion with a ion longbow upgrade is perfect for any shadow, ghost flanker, sniper position because it is lower profile. but yet its hard too see someone being quick like a light rifleman with being as stealthy as a dagger its just hard too think that because the human eye and all i dont really want too go in depth with that :happy: but aw some class i like it but everything has bugs and stuff when its new or in the process of being made dont give up keep making it more detailed and maybe who knows some day tho ughs details could be real.

i would say a fast action rifle maybe like a x7 or tippman of any sorts would fit the job quota. i use a bt-4 assault custom rifle with 2 sites 2 grips a double e-trigger and 20 oz co2... i can still crawl around and run fast pace with my rifle even with all its crap it has. really i dont think anything specific but if you wanna get technical the gun SHOULD be lightweight (hell even a g36c folded would be nice)
really you dont have to be stealthy either because with all the noise going around you just have to make less noise and be low enough (without bright colors too) to be unseen by the enemy.

#15 User is offline   Phobeus 

• You can't kill what you can't see...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Bushman

Posted 23 June 2008 - 08:35 AM

Problems with the position- You're limiting it to the type of marker the person uses, you're assuming you don't have t be stealthy to get close to someone, and one of the tactics is getting close not being stealthy and shooting them alot at close distance.

If it's what you want to play, go out and play it. I don't believe in the positions, they're a tool to get you to buy the gear specops made for that position. The only reason I play sniper is it's what I've always played (be sneaky, unseen, flank, recon). I only began calling myself a sniper when others gave me the position (example- pop --out-- sniper!!!).

Also you shouldn't be inside making up a position other people will bash, go out and play! Play your style and don't get caught up on positions. It only limits you.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users