• You cannot reply to this topic

Squad A-T tactics using a squad to take on tanks Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   prophet_subgenius 

• Colonel, Team Slack Attack
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:prophet_subgenius

Posted 10 July 2008 - 03:59 PM

Most GOOD tankers I have met playing paintball have learned that tanks alone are vulnerable and use screening forces who specifically look for AT weapons, so conceal it. Most AT weapons take a little longer to fire than the average marker making you vulnerable so try from a safe location/distance. Tankers are used to there tank causing some small bit of intimidation and trust that if you are moving up to engage the tank you must have AT therefore look to move up on the tank by appearing to move away from the tank. Many fields have areas that tanks cannot go, usually because most paintball tanks don't have the true all terrain abilities of real tanks. use this in your favor by ambushing the tank at natural choke points on roads and between sections of the field (cuts in burms, bridges, corners, ect) They will probably be watching but thats because they are so vulnerable there. Also invest in a GOOD constant air/hp powered at weapon. Many fire off of a single 12 gram of co2. The Alias MKX on HPA out shoots and shoots consistantly the weak little made from PVC 12gram launchers. Pheonix gave you a good scenario, but you can improve upon it. Know your rules of play regarding tanks, in his scenario with normal tank rules a tank can be immobilized temporarily by grenades and killed by launchers, simulated munitions ect. so squad A with no launcher throws grenades at the beginning of the engagement immobilizing the tank and givving your launcher in squad B a better chance.
Paintball is a game. Win or lose you still need to wash your camo. Winners just use less soap.

#17 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:00 PM

i actually don't have any experience with the Nerf launchers, i've only used the "marker in a tube design" ala OK D-Day. How do the firing characteristics differ for the Nerf launchers than a standard paintball gun? And how do the kill plates work with Nerf? (i assume they are different from the D-Day style)
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#18 User is offline   Thalion 

• Probably in the Shooters Thread...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:14 PM

View PostEagle Eye, on Jul 10 2008, 11:00 PM, said:

i actually don't have any experience with the Nerf launchers, i've only used the "marker in a tube design" ala OK D-Day. How do the firing characteristics differ for the Nerf launchers than a standard paintball gun? And how do the kill plates work with Nerf? (i assume they are different from the D-Day style)

With nerfs, it's usually just a matter of "did the nerf hit the tank," not a specific area on the tank. Some fields mandate it must strike the sides/rear (not the front), but many are just "hit the tank anywhere with the nerf to take it out."

I frquently have squad command while being AT.
Member of Team Akkadian

#19 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 26 July 2008 - 09:10 PM

dude sweet! i need me a nerf launcher.... and a big game that allows them. *big grin*

and as for commanding a squad, it wasn't too difficult last time at D-day, but that squad was a dedicated A-T squad. i felt kind of bad when i had to call them off the front line to go with me to kill a tank or two.
Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users