• You cannot reply to this topic

Short barrel condoms

#16 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:WardenWolf

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:18 PM

Well, since anyone with a plugged barrel is OUT, all having a hard-to-see barrel plug or sock will do is get you shot. A lot. It's NOT smart to use a camouflaged barrel blocker.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"
Save a tree: wipe your ass with a hippie!

#17 User is offline   LoopyDood 

• Evacuate the Earth
  • PipPipPip

Posted 23 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

Yes, true. It's also not a good idea with swabs... I seem to accidentally drop my swabs a lot. Once I dropped a camo one that worked amazingly well without realizing it in the middle of the woods. Couldn't find it to save my own life!

#18 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:48 AM

I bought one of the Lapco barrel plugs recently, thinking to use it with my Zeus pistol so I wouldn't have to have it open-ended when I cranked the CO2 into it. To my dismay, I found out that the o-rings worked a little too well. I could NOT get that into the barrel, or any barrel I had for that matter. The outer diameter of the plug itself is just a little too big, so the o-rings have no "give" to them that would allow me to insert it. It's basically like trying to jam a solid piece of metal into the bore that's too big to fit. No dice. I'll juse use a Flatline barrel condom.

Kanye: "Yo, Chile, I'm gonna let you finish shakin', but I just got to say Haiti had one of the best earthquakes of all time!"

#19 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:28 PM

Well, what I really hate is when people use barrel condoms that are not tight, the cord is loose. It's hard to notice unless you are staring at their gun, and it's not safe. I also don't like ones with really stretchy cord, I like the really thick and stiff cord, that way, when it's taught, it's not going to mive much. One example is the condom I got with my Phantom, it's nice that says "The Phantom" on it, but it's black, small in diameter, and the cird is really stretchy. I don't use it anymore because the rubber inside the cord broke near the pocket, and it's only the sheath now, I don't trust that.

Personally, I think that condoms are easier to use, since you don't have to jam them in so hard, when I used one with 3 orings (a PMI perfect plug) it was really hard to reach to the end of my marker and pull/plug it in there. However, the one annoying thing about condoms is how I have to stuff it in my pocket and mess with the cord. I might start putting it around my neck.

#20 User is offline   WardenWolf 

• Aspie Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:08 PM

There's a reason the cord is stretchy: because it allows it to dissipate the paintball's energy over a short distance rather than all at once. A rigid cord must absorb all of the force at once which raises the risk of it breaking or tearing loose. A cord that can give is MUCH safer. Also, a slighty loose cord is generally not a safety risk. It's when it's just dangling so much that it's practically falling off that there's a problem.

#21 User is offline   Violator 

• The Pirate King / Grammar Cop
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:The Violator

Posted 05 November 2008 - 12:19 AM

I still use plugs for my pistols, obviously, but I will put them on certain barrels that won't be damaged. It was so much easier when players were mostly familiar with real firearms safety, but we need to make sure we teach the younger or inexperienced players proper safety from all angles- turning off air supplies, "clearing" the marker, using the safety or on/off correctly, not pointing the marker at anyone...EVER, keeping masks on, AND using plugs/condoms properly and at all times off the field.
This, is my BOOMSTICK!-Ash... (395 Brownie Pts)...Where do you keep your Bucccaneers? Under Me Buckin' Hat!

Ever fire two guns whilst jumping thru the air? No. Ever fire one gun whilst jumping thru the air? No!

#22 User is offline   slowerpig81 

• This man is a Beast with that Phantom. -thisissparta
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:slowerpig81

Posted 11 November 2008 - 08:47 PM

View PostWardenWolf, on Nov 4 2008, 01:08 PM, said:

There's a reason the cord is stretchy: because it allows it to dissipate the paintball's energy over a short distance rather than all at once. A rigid cord must absorb all of the force at once which raises the risk of it breaking or tearing loose. A cord that can give is MUCH safer. Also, a slighty loose cord is generally not a safety risk. It's when it's just dangling so much that it's practically falling off that there's a problem.

I have to disagree a little. While it makes sense that a stretchier cord puts a little less stress on the fabric, I think people who just make it so that it is just taught can have it fly off. I did it with my Phantom once, with one shot, and it was not loose, just not really tight. After that incident I made sure to test the condom for how far it can go towards the muzzle. A tighter cord, when just taught, will not fly off. A lot of people just make it taught, not necessarily taut.

#23 User is offline   Dunceb4ll 

• Let's go play with Dynamite!!!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Dunceball

Posted 11 November 2008 - 09:26 PM

hmm I have a short barrel condom and I have sent many rounds into it and its never done that, thanks for the heads up though I will be getting a new one now.
THE END IS COMING!!!! AND IT WILL BE UNTIL IT GETS HERE!!!!!!
CAUTION IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY IT IS ADVISABLE TO KEEP DUNCEB4LL AWAY FROM FIRE AND FLAMES.
Feedback

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users