• You cannot reply to this topic

Exploding Gun Yea Thats Right

#31 User is offline   Knightwolf16 

• Master Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Knightwolf16

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

RAP4 is getting off light. Seriously, any scars would be considered disfigurement which equates into huge money...
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war." William Shakespeare
Nous sommes les seigneurs de la guerre, tremblons avant nous
The Lords of War The Lords of War on MySpace The Lords of War MSN Group Page

#32 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:15 PM

Why did rap4 didnt saw this problems in their tests before starting to sell this product? Or they just didnt made any test and just launched it to the public. And how the hell did the authorities let them publicate a product that has this kind of problems that can harm or even kill someone?

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#33 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

View PostKnightwolf16, on May 20 2008, 05:10 PM, said:

RAP4 is getting off light. Seriously, any scars would be considered disfigurement which equates into huge money...

Unless they have a disclaimer saying to always wear a mask when gassing up.

#34 User is offline   withoutwarning 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:WITHOUT WARNING

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:20 PM

no instructions or owners manual came with the gun
Deprecor Terminus (Beg for the end)
Feedabck here
Boycotting cRap4 Since 29/06/2008 Heres Why

#35 User is offline   C9H13NO3 

• Miramar Mafia
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:C9H13NO3

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

did you buy it brand new? A marker with no manual/instructions...more great quality.

edit...did original owner buy it new with no manual?

This post has been edited by C9H13NO3: 20 May 2008 - 07:23 PM

#36 User is offline   XziviT 

• Mess with the Best Die like the Rest
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:XziviT

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

View Postwithoutwarning, on May 20 2008, 09:20 PM, said:

no instructions or owners manual came with the gun

Mine came with the owners manual, its just a small booklet of like 6-8 pages.

-X
Posted Image
Yo pertenesco al Guerrero que de lo Antiguo se fuciona a lo Nuevo. Maj. X, Callsign: Matrix
As I walk through the Valley of Shadow of Death, I shall fear no Evil, for I am the meanest Creature in the Valley. Gen. Patton

#37 User is offline   Flippy the Wonder Bunny 

• My E-MAN PART is bigger than yours
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 20 May 2008 - 07:58 PM

I'm glad you didn't get any more severe injuries. This tells you alot about RAP4's quality.

*EDIT* Spelling

This post has been edited by ghost93: 20 May 2008 - 07:59 PM

#38 User is offline   Deus_Wolf 

• Resident Lurker, Always Watching Never Present
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Deus_wolf

Posted 20 May 2008 - 08:07 PM

I'm not exactly surprised, although I do you feel bad for you, Rap4 isn't exactly well known for quality. Actually the only thing Rap4 is known for is bad quality. I had posted in Xzivits thread telling not to even think of gassing up his marker, even if just to test or check it and I'm kind of glad that even though he didn't take my advice he still managed not to get hurt.

Ghost93: You had to edit for spelling on one sentence. ;) ouch. :mellow:

Playing THE Game with Honesty, Integrity and Determination since 2000

#39 User is offline   Ronin055 

• Shootin' an' Scootin'
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Ronin055

Posted 21 May 2008 - 09:09 AM

Im glad you were only holding the marker and not in a "firing" posture when that went off. It could have been a lot worse.

You need to speak to a lawyer about this before you settle anything with RAP4. If anything they can pass the buck up the line to the real manufacturer of this item. RAP4 doesnt invent or manufacture anything that I can tell. They rebadge and market other peoples products. But if this is their practice, to not test products properly or to purchase to cheaply made items, then they need to be taught a serious financial lesson. As I see it, Three individuals, everyone in the room may have legal recourse. This is neglegence and should be persued. Not for the money, but for the industry wide message that needs to be sent out. We the paintballers, the consumers wont tollerate being endangered by poor quality. Shape up or ship out is the message that production facilities need to hear. And that is best delivered when it hurts their bottom line.

Seek counsel. Do not resolve this on your own. Thats what they want. But its to easy for them. Get Representation and Get Results on this.

If that had been next to your cheek, as if you were firing, you would be missing an ear, an eye and who knows what else. Now go one step further. Imagine if the kid you invited to your house had been dry firing it next to his head. YOUR parents would be getting sued for his injury as it happened in their home without parental supervision. Not to mention the media impact this would have on the sport itself.

Yes this is wholey unacceptable.

Ill say it one last time. Please seek legal counsel on this.
Keven Cecil

Reno Pursuit Gamers Check out our Site for Northern Nevada paintball Games.

"Gun... Sword, we all die the same." Toshiro Mifune in Red Sun with Charles Bronson.

#40 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:17 AM

Latest News

RAP4
Real Action Paintball
2215 Ringwood Ave.
San Jose, Ca. 95131
(408) 434-0434 Ext. 221
http://rap4.com

Recall Notice

May 15, 2008

Dear Customers,

Real Action Paintball Inc. (RAP4) has discovered a flaw in two out of the three styles of our Remote Line Adaptors, as shown in the pictures on the following page. These Remote Line Adaptors, also known as Solid Remote Line Adaptors, are part of the Flexi-Air System for all T68 models and certain RAP4 models, as well as Spyder, Tippmann, Storm, and BT paintball markers. If this system fails, it may accidentally burst and may cause serious injuries. In a combined effort with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, RAP4 has made a voluntary recall and is advising its customers to stop using the flawed systems and have them immediately replaced, quickly and free, with the non-defective system.

Affected Systems:
The two flawed Remote Line Adaptor models for the Flexi-Air System are similar except that one has an end cap with plug and the other has an end cap with a remote line quick connect male adaptor. (Both are displayed on the following page) There were approximately 2000 units distributed between September 1, 2006 and May 14, 2008. If you have purchased these Flexi-Air Systems or markers that come with affected Flexi-Air System components, please stop using the system and contact us at (408) 434-0434 Ext. 221 or go online at http://www.rap4.com/rc/ to submit your information for an exchange. Once we have received your contact information, we will issue a call tag/return label for your Flexi-Air System and process the exchange accordingly. Please allow 1-2 weeks for us to complete your exchange from date of receipt.

For customer service satisfaction, RAP4 will replace the units and pay all shipping charges to exchange your flawed Flexi-Air System for units that meet all quality control and safety standards. We apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused and hope to facilitate this exchange process as swiftly as possible.

Sincerely,
Real Action Paintball Inc.

Rap4.com

Attached File(s)

#41 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:27 AM

View PostWardenWolf, on May 20 2008, 07:02 PM, said:

Holy hell. Now that the pics are up. There is NO excuse for this. Metal air fittings are supposed to be able to withstand up to 1600 PSI before they fail, even though a CO2 tank's burst disc is set much lower. By making it so that the point of failure is within the 600-1000 PSI range, RAP4 is horribly negligent. If it was designed properly, that simply could not happen.

As for the original poster, near as I can tell, you did nothing wrong. You have no reason to believe it's going to freaking EXPLODE in your face when you gas it up.

Maybe it is possible that it was designed properly? Maybe it was an outsourced part that initially met QC standards. Maybe the outsourcer changed the metal or plastic composition, or the molding/casting process to save a buck without notifying Rap4 and they (Rap4) only found out after it was too late? Many times a manufacturer will send out for bids on a certain piece. In the writing it may contain words like "or equivalent" and "or equal to". If an outsourcer believes a certain material or process to be the same, they may substitute it in later to save a buck.

I know it sounds like a lot of maybes and what ifs, but the truth is that we don't know exactly what the root cause of the malfunction is. I think that we should reserve judgement until the root cause is identified. For the record, I don't own any Rap4 products. I just don't like seeing people jump to conclusions and throwing someone under the bus on a unsubstantiated belief. IF Rap4 was truly negligent - then hell yeah, throw 'em under the bus!

To withoutwarning: It's good to hear that you are OK! So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the interested party isn't really all that interested in the marker anymore???
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#42 User is offline   ranger111133 

• the powdered sugar king!
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:ranger111133

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:52 AM

wow.....i would have been pretty surprised if it blew up in my face :P lol

#43 User is offline   F-3 

• Alive in the SUPERΠИKИOMИ
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2008 - 12:01 PM

RAP4: Still made in China with parts from the lowest bidder.

The irony is most people who are into RAP4's markers really like the American milsim aspect of them... Sort of like buying an American flag made in China if you ask me.

#44 User is offline   Octavious 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

If I read it correctly, this event took place on Sunday the 18th.. RAP4 issued the warning and recall on May 15th. If he tried to persue legal action, it woudldn't go anywhere, due to the nature of continued use of the product after it has been deemed unsafe and a recall has been issued. Then, its your own fault for doing so.

-Oct

#45 User is offline   N.A.T 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:N.A.T

Posted 21 May 2008 - 03:33 PM

Is he supposed to check the internet everyday for rap 4 recalls?

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users