#16 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Saifoda

Posted 30 May 2008 - 06:10 PM

View Postb_soukup, on May 6 2008, 08:51 AM, said:

View Postkingcheese, on May 1 2008, 04:53 PM, said:

do you guys use scouts on a hill nerby your bunker to help you improvise your field tactics

if so where do you like them to stay after your main assult starts

usually my cavalry scouts are the ones that lead the main assault. if there is a hill yes ill usually post the scouts on it to check out whats going on down below. :ninja:

You have players on horseback? Or strikers/bradleys? Amazing.
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power
Leaders Lead from the Front

#17 User is offline   Eagle Eye 

• I am Become Death, Squeegier of Worlds.
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:BattleSpam

Posted 01 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

i think he might be referring to paintball tanks? :D

This post has been edited by Eagle Eye: 01 June 2008 - 11:26 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
The Paintball Sniper has already done the first step: convince you they don't exist.
Allied Superior Meritorious Service Medal recipient: D-Day 2008
"There is no "fixing" a Tippmann ... if it didn't work, there is only one reason .... you tried to clean it. Any problem a Tippmann has can be easily fixed by adding more dirt, preferably to the internals, followed by 3 drops of oil." -- Acara

#18 User is offline   NAM 

• future property of the USMC
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:NAM

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:35 PM

Kingcheese, from what i've read so far i think Buhr is our new scout.
"Future property of the U.S.M.C.''
"92% of teens would drop dead if Abercrombie and Fitch said breathing wasn't cool. If your one of the 8% who would be laughing their butt off, put this in your sig.''
"if you are addicted to paintball, put this in your sig"
"if the first thing you would grab if your house was on fire is your paintball gear, put this in your sig"
"tippman rocks, if you think the same, put this in your sig"
98% of teenagers have tried pot. If your the 2% who havent, put this in your sig.

#19 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:cheesepoof

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

View PostNAM, on Jun 10 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

we will have to break him in
offical saber #137
if we cant do it, then it doesnt need to be done

#20 User is offline   bannon222 

• Elite Sasquatchi Agent
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:bannon222

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:32 AM

View PostMaDuce, on May 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Not only can scouts get a fix on enemy postitions, but they can also be used to clear paths for the main assult force. Because the route he/she takes to their observation point should be clear. Radios would be invaluble in this situation, so the scout(s) don't have to run back and forth.

It would probably be best for scouts to work in groups of two or even three. Ideally, I would send a Sabre, perhaps a quick sniper, and another Sabre. The sniper and one of the Sabres can do the actual recon (two eyes are better than one) and the other Sabre watches their back and keeps their line of retreat clear.

I usually send out groups of two just like you said and have them radio back everything that they see. That way I can adjust the over all plan, as to exploit the other teams weaknesses.
I have also been a scout on several occasions and enjoy being able to see everything that is going on across the field. I also feel that it helps me make decisions when I play as a comander, due to the fact that the lay of the land doesn't change much from game to game. And since the other team will usually use the same trails that they used the last time we played.
user posted image

#21 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2008 - 04:39 PM

View Postbannon222, on Jun 11 2008, 07:32 AM, said:

View PostMaDuce, on May 28 2008, 10:22 PM, said:

Not only can scouts get a fix on enemy postitions, but they can also be used to clear paths for the main assult force. Because the route he/she takes to their observation point should be clear. Radios would be invaluble in this situation, so the scout(s) don't have to run back and forth.

It would probably be best for scouts to work in groups of two or even three. Ideally, I would send a Sabre, perhaps a quick sniper, and another Sabre. The sniper and one of the Sabres can do the actual recon (two eyes are better than one) and the other Sabre watches their back and keeps their line of retreat clear.

I usually send out groups of two just like you said and have them radio back everything that they see. That way I can adjust the over all plan, as to exploit the other teams weaknesses.
I have also been a scout on several occasions and enjoy being able to see everything that is going on across the field. I also feel that it helps me make decisions when I play as a comander, due to the fact that the lay of the land doesn't change much from game to game. And since the other team will usually use the same trails that they used the last time we played.

the place that i would try this has a trail at the top of the hill that can look out across the feild and take you around the enimies bunker
offical saber #137

#22 User is offline   deathcon 1 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:joker12

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:41 AM

Not really. I use snipers as scouts. combine the two into one. Think about it snipers and scouts do the same thing only snipers stay hidden.
IF TIS WHORTH DOING ITS WHORTH OVER-DOING.
AS A GREAT PAINTBALLER ONCE SAID: LEAD,FOLLOW, OR GET OUT OF MY WAY.

#23 User is offline   andrew sarles 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:spyderstomper

Posted 24 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

snipers that I've seen usually always get shot out first.we call them sheep where we play.as soon as the first shot is fired everyones all over that!
LAST RITES BRIGADE! R.I.P.
ALWAYS TAKE OUT THE SUPERIOR THREAT FIRST!
ALWAYS PLAY FAIR!
NEVER UNDER ESTIMATE THE OPPOSITION!
REMEMBER IT'S A GAME!

#24 User is offline   Knight Hiro 

• Knight Hiro
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:Knight Hiro

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:07 AM

on my team we have only one scout. the dagger. the job is to aquire intel, once aquired he rejoins the squad for the assult.
Warriors unite its time for the end of the world!!!!

#25 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 23 September 2008 - 04:01 AM

during my last game i played, not a scenario, i was walking with my friend and decided to walk behind a hill, on top of the hill there was an enemy, i shot her, then her friend came around the hill and shot me with his supper ion, cost around 12 hundered

commander shouldnt be scout
offical saber #137

#26 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

The use of a scout in my opinion is based largely on the size of your AO. You can also look at what the Army uses to dictate the mission. METT-TC (forget about the "C" though). Mission, Enemy, Time, Terrain, Troops Available, and Civilian Considerations. Like I said, there's no "civilians" in a paintball game so don't worry about it.

Mission: What is your units mission? What is the mission of unit above you? What is your commander's intent? This will dictate the most of how you operate. Sometimes, the use of a scout is totally unnecessary.

Enemy: We try not to use the term "enemy" in paintball, but for the sake of this post you will excuse the term. What is the enemy's strength? disposition? equipment? skill level? mission? uniform (if they have one)? numbers? known positions? likely positions? Knowing your enemy is half the battle. This is the place where a scout might be necessary -- to conduct a recon on the enemy.

Time: Pretty basic -- how much time do you have to complete your mission?

Terrain: Defensable positions, elevation changes, terrain features, avenues of approach, etc... Pretty basic also, but can get complicated.

Troops available: The same as enemy essentially, but with your own guys. Skill level, numbers, uniform, equipment, etc...

That's pretty much. As my old Platoon Sergeant said, "blah blah blah...METT-TC dependent."
Proud to be sponsored by: REDZ, Warpaint International, VPSByte, Action Acres, Dangerous Power

#27 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 05:55 AM

View PostNAM, on Jun 10 2008, 12:35 PM, said:

nah nam, i think that my entire squadette will be scout, buhr will be with you, and my squad will be doining most of the flanking =:^..^:=
offical saber #137

#28 User is offline   deltaboy 

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:Delta-022

Posted 11 January 2009 - 10:20 AM

I never have the chance to go to large scenarios (lack of cash and driver's license) but I play at the local fields and I end up as the strategist (I'm too little for most guys to see me as commander so I give orders to the commander) so I don't get scout intel, I make plans based on how I would do it in the enemy teams' situation. I've countered my own plans like that at least 50 times and it has yet to fail me so to all you commanders for big games, figure out what the enemy plans to do first, then counter.
Sabre #166

#29 User is offline   kingcheese 

• your face
  • PipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Regardless of what they might be called, and im sick and tired of critics being funny and making wize crack remarks, would you and/or do use a person to gain inteligence of where the enemy is

sucj as if you know the feild layout and know where people normally go, would you use a "scout" to find where exactaly they are going
offical saber #137

#30 User is offline   Saifoda2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

View Postkingcheese, on Feb 26 2009, 01:27 PM, said:

Regardless of what they might be called, and im sick and tired of critics being funny and making wize crack remarks, would you and/or do use a person to gain inteligence of where the enemy is

sucj as if you know the feild layout and know where people normally go, would you use a "scout" to find where exactaly they are going

Alright grump pants calm down :dodgy: :panzer: . To answer the question seriously, no, I do not use scouts -- they are a waste of resources. If, however, I have a sniper available his secondary role may be intelligence gathering around his area if his mission allows. Having teams patrol certain areas and passing up the info can also help, but again you've got to define exactly what a Scout is. What I imagine a full "scout" role being is an individual meant for gathering field information and to NOT engage opfor. Why would I take guns out of the fight just to gather "intelligence?"

Also, dude, if you don't want "critics" take make "wize crack remarks," I'd suggest using a spell check, or just learn how to spell :happy:

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users