• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Duracoat MultiCam™ A-5 Pictoral Debut Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   KingOfTheIntertron 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 07:50 AM

It looks like that grill mask has paint on it too? How does it hold up?

#17 User is offline   Charlie Echo 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Charlie Echo

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:08 AM

Well, funny you should ask. I just noticed yesterday; I spilled some duracoat on my Chaco sandals the day I painted my A-5. Here is how it happened: The paint bowl fell off of my airbrush and tan duracoat went everywhere om tiny dot splatters and some of it hit my rubber souls on the side of my sandals. My daughter pointed out they look "ghetto" with paint on them, so I tried to scratch off the paint with a key. Amazingly, I could not remove the paint which were 1/16" diameter dots!

I don't know how familiar you are with the Grill, but the mask is made of a flexible plastic and a soft rubber molded together into one unit. Duracoat sticks just fine to the soft plastic, but the soft rubber...well, it just flakes off after the rubber has been flexed. I am thinking about testing or replicating what has happened to my shoe to my mask. My theory is hand painted small dots will hold on to the soft rubber, airbrushing does not. The pattern or small dots of paint, I feel is key. I will keep you posted.

And yes, I did attempt to make my mask resemble multiCam. I did not want to paint much on my mask. I only wanted to ad highlights and shadow detail of MC. But the white was not very effective on the soft rubber so I terminated the mask project.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users