Special Ops Paintball: never ever EVER made a homemade law - Special Ops Paintball

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

never ever EVER made a homemade law i could have died

#91 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

View PostThe Bear, on Jan 27 2009, 05:57 PM, said:

:aah: Necropost!! Oh no!

But as long as it's been bumped, anyone know if they make HDPE in a high enough pressure rating? That would be great for LAWs because it doesn't fragment and shatter like PVC, it deforms and tears. It's what we use for aerial mortars so if a lift charge fails or a shell is loaded upside down there won't be shrapnel thrown like a grenade when the burst charge goes. It simply balloons out and literally tears a rip down the side of the pipe.

But again, I don't know if it comes in a high enough pressure rating. And in smaller diameters especially any lenght over a couple feet is fairly non-rigid making it bad for barrels. But for an expansion chamber it could be a safe way to go...

Bear

Yes this a bit old but....

The only problem with HDPE that I know of is the means by which you join it. I don't think that you can glue it as you would PVC. As far as I know it is typically joined with heat and or sonic methods.

Another option is SCH 80 PVC pipe and fittings to add some safety factor. Pretty much all hardware stores stock SCH 40 pipe, but 80 can be had in some.

As others have said and I agree, these are safe if constructed correctly.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#92 User is offline   XHUSKY7 

• dog of war, ready to kill you in the cutest way possible
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:XHUSKY7

Posted 06 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

ive had this issue, when you fill it with a tak, the pressure goes up relatively slowly. with a 12gram, it goes all at once. this had caused about 5 launcher explosions for me. use a steel evpansion chamber.
Im drinkin, druggin, havin lots of fun,
I always carry round my loaded shotgun,
If i think im gonna have a bad time
ive gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine
-Hank Williams 3

#93 User is offline   mass destruction 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip

Posted 06 April 2009 - 06:04 PM

What I don't think you're realizing is that co2 is self regulating. An expansion chamber will not keep the pressure down, as a matter of fact the whole idea of an expansion chamber is to keep the co2 pressure at the same 850 psi or so even while firing quickly, by giving the liquid co2 time to expand into a gas before being used by the marker. The only way to keep the co2 pressure down is by using a co2 compatible regulator like a stabilizer.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Even though this thread is old its a very important read for anybody who's thinking about building a LAW. Flo could easily have ended up in the hospital, or not made it that far.
(quote-Iron Eagle) This is why my preferred way of death is strapping a bomb to myself, walking into PETA HQ and detonating it.
(Quote-weltmaker2000) I don't call my guns pumps. I refer to them as euthanizers of the stupid.

#94 User is offline   WarCowboy 

• ~Fastest Gun In The East!~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Suicide Kings

Posted 09 September 2009 - 07:29 PM

So ultimately what your saying is, don't do it the way you did, right?

Cause I hope your not concluding for others not to try it, or build their own because it failed for you.
I mean if thats the case, that sorta mentality would have prevented just about every worth while thing ever invented, from the idea of fire, to flight, to landing on the moon.

#95 User is offline   Epic_Fail 

• The Mad King
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:*hug*

Posted 02 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

View Postflorentine, on Apr 13 2008, 10:30 PM, said:

but in a couple days, ill give some pictures.

From what I saw, you lied.
How'd you do that, sexy? - Becc asking me a question.

Aaron: Alcohol sucks balls. / Fen: No, that's what I do. / Me - Fen sucks balls! / Fen - Only yours Epic.

#96 User is offline   mortuus intra 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Brigade Name:ninjaops

Posted 09 March 2010 - 01:15 PM

dang that really sucks. I take it that your not going to try and improve your design???
THEY CALL ME A MYTH, A SHADOW, A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION, THERE'S ONLY ONE THING WRONG ABOUT THAT STATEMENT I'M YOUR LIVING BREATHING NIGHTMARE

Share this topic:

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users