• You cannot reply to this topic

Gun Oil Does it make a difference? Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Piller 

• Piller
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Piller

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:47 PM

Light machine oil is good for most use. A lot of households carry 3 in 1. For short term, your house may have a small bottle of oil that came with a sewing machine or electric shaver.

I too like Palmer's blue air tool oil simply for the fact that it comes with a brush applicator bottle.
Automaggot #123 - Pump User #152 - ICE Epic Owner
"Marketing hype in paintball?! The nerve of some people. After all, we paintballers would never throw our hard earned cash into the magic box of marketing hype."

#17 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

How OFTEN should I Oil my gun? after every time i play it or once a month or once a year?
:P

#18 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 04:57 PM

You should clean all the broken paint off the body of your marker at the end of playing for the day (that poo eats the paint off your marker). As for oiling the marker, you should remove the bolt and clean out all the broken paint and residue, if there is any, and oil the bolt O-rings. Then you should do a complete tear down and lubing of the marker once a month. Well, you don't have to do any of that, but it's what I do and recommend if you want your marker to last.

#19 User is offline   Tora 

• Yes, that is Barney. My Barney. No you can't have him.
  • PipPipPip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Dude, big necro post.
Please check the dates on threads before posting in them. If they are older than a month, don't post.
FEEDBACK

My momma raised me the be SHAMELESS!

#20 User is offline   KRA SHARPSHOOTER 

• [ Doglegs of War ] ~Silent But Deadly~
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:KRA SHARPSHOOTER

Posted 07 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

View PostWeigel21, on Apr 7 2009, 06:57 PM, said:

You should clean all the broken paint off the body of your marker at the end of playing for the day (that poo eats the paint off your marker). As for oiling the marker, you should remove the bolt and clean out all the broken paint and residue, if there is any, and oil the bolt O-rings. Then you should do a complete tear down and lubing of the marker once a month. Well, you don't have to do any of that, but it's what I do and recommend if you want your marker to last.

I completely agree. You should clean out any broken paint right away. Just remember that the better you treat you gear, the better it will treat you. I tear down my gear after every game because I am meticulous about keeping it clean.

KRA SHARPSHOOTER's A-5 - [ Doglegs of War ] - ~Silent But Deadly~ - Archive of Wisdom - Online Discount Codes
"I don't play Woodsball because I have an A-5, I have an A-5 because I play Woodsball" - KRA SHARPSHOOTER

#21 User is offline   MejorQueNada 

• it is better to watch something than to do something
  • Pip

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

View PostTora, on Apr 7 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

Dude, big necro post.
Please check the dates on threads before posting in them. If they are older than a month, don't post.

I was searching the forums for useful info.. I decided to revive a thread relating to my question instead of creating a new topic on an old subject. kthx
:P

#22 User is offline   Jackson 

• Resident Tiberius Expert
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:PvtDBJackson

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

View PostMejorQueNada, on Apr 7 2009, 11:46 PM, said:

View PostTora, on Apr 7 2009, 08:00 PM, said:

Dude, big necro post.

I was searching the forums for useful info.. I decided to revive a thread relating to my question instead of creating a new topic on an old subject. kthx

It is almost always better to start a new thread when you have a question. Only post in old thread when you have something significant to add.

#23 User is offline   Wrzesinski 

• Gives his $.02
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Wrzesinski

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:37 AM

check this link

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=166489

everything is the same except the oil used and the internals were polished...and it makes a huge difference up to 35%

This post has been edited by Wrzesinski: 11 April 2009 - 02:38 AM

The signature in this location has been removed due to FORUM RULES VIOLATIONS. Please check this link : FORUM SIGNATURE RULES AND REGS and feel free to repost your signature according to the guidelines set by this forum.
Being too awesome :P

Who has the best girlfriend in the whole wide world? ME!

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users