Special Ops Paintball: all sudden my spyder broke! - Special Ops Paintball

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

all sudden my spyder broke! OH NO!! Rate Topic: -----

#16 User is offline   Kavemann 

• Heroes get remembered, But Legends never Die.
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:Kavemann

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

View PostCesar, on Apr 9 2008, 03:39 PM, said:

i think its time for a new gun...

else , just try super gluing the detent down...

yep cesar is right it might be time for a new gun, a broken gun is unrealiable could break again at any minute..
-----------
NO MESS WITH KAVEMANN!

THRILL BILLY #1

#17 User is offline   motoguy1251 

• Mustache Afficianado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:motoguy1251

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:41 PM

make sure you try to put the detent back on the gun the the bolt out. This will make it easier. Lay it in the hole , match up the screw to the threaded hole and twist. The screw is short for a reason. If threads are worn on screw buy new. If its stripped on the marker body, drill and tap.
1Ill be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snow storm!!
2Games: Americas Army, Battlefield 2,2142,1942,vietnam,Fear, CSS,Red Orchestra,DOD, Oblivion,GaryMod,more

#18 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

i dont want too get rid of my spyder its a vary old marker :rolleyes: and my brother is sending me his Tippmann model 98 six years old but he's been keeping it up too date. but i use the spyder as an backup marker. i like fixing up marker's up too new i think this is a job. :(

what job does a Ball detent do?
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#19 User is offline   Weigel21 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

The Ball Detent keeps your balls from just rolling out the barrel. If you were to remove it you will have paintballs roll down the barrel, if it is held with the barrel facing down and the paintballs are not a snug fit in the barrel.

#20 User is offline   Aurora Knight 

• Semper Fi
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Spartan 043

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:47 PM

I've had my spyder for over 4 years now. Never had any problems. Personally, I've found it just as reliable as my A-5.
Keep that sucker oiled up after every game and it will love you in return. :P

All Wars are Civil wars, for all men are brothers.
HOTTEST Karnivor EVER! http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index...howtopic=161438

#21 User is offline   125blackfire 

• Stock Class
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:125blackfire

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

I've had my spyder for over 4 years now. Never had any problems. Personally, I've found it just as reliable as my A-5.
Keep that sucker oiled up after every game and it will love you in return.

my brother has had it for sometime now i cant tell you how long i do not know, but i was tinkering with it taking it all apart and putting it back together. for the answer it is stripped the thread I'm going too buy some lock tight next time i get some money and keep that sucker there :dodgy: and buy some lube keep my markers lubed up be for games now.
The black of the shadows will hide the awesome fire power of 1BPS about hit you!
http://www.cbf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=homev3

#22 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• Every day is a Saturday!
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Frontier Bill

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:54 PM

View PostAurora Knight, on Apr 9 2008, 03:55 PM, said:

...The best lube I can recommend is Hoppes #9 Gun Oil. You can get some of that at any gun/hunting store, and sometimes in an Outdoor Recreational Store. Hunting store would be your best bet though. However, Don't use any kind of gun oil. Some oils have something in them that eats away the Orings. Hoppes #9 is safe though. :laugh:

Hoppe's No.9 is a petroleum based lubricant; it is NOT safe to use in a marker. It IS a GUN OIL. Do not use Hoppe's No.9 for a paintball marker!

Petroleum based lubricants eat O-rings. Use synthetic/silicone lubricants. Air-tool oils work well if you don't want to order "marker lube".

Team Rogue Cell #10 Founder and Alpha squad leader.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#23 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:40 PM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Apr 11 2008, 06:54 PM, said:

...The best lube I can recommend is Hoppes #9 Gun Oil. You can get some of that at any gun/hunting store, and sometimes in an Outdoor Recreational Store. Hunting store would be your best bet though. However, Don't use any kind of gun oil. Some oils have something in them that eats away the Orings. Hoppes #9 is safe though. :(

Hoppe's No.9 is a petroleum based lubricant; it is NOT safe to use in a marker. It IS a GUN OIL. Do not use Hoppe's No.9 for a paintball marker!

Petroleum based lubricants eat O-rings. Use synthetic/silicone lubricants. Air-tool oils work well if you don't want to order "marker lube".

Not safe??? HUH?? It's not a matter of safety. It's a matter of o-ring life. For the cost of o-rings, I personally don't think that it matters.
I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#24 Guest_Duet_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

He means it will destroy the o-rings. It is used for lubricating moving metal parts, not Silicone made O-Ring's. I recommend Gold Cup Marker Oil. It can be had for quite cheap and is an excellent and safe way to lube your marker.

#25 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:58 AM

View PostProX, on Apr 11 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

...The best lube I can recommend is Hoppes #9 Gun Oil. You can get some of that at any gun/hunting store, and sometimes in an Outdoor Recreational Store. Hunting store would be your best bet though. However, Don't use any kind of gun oil. Some oils have something in them that eats away the Orings. Hoppes #9 is safe though. :laugh:

Not safe??? HUH?? It's not a matter of safety. It's a matter of o-ring life. For the cost of o-rings, I personally don't think that it matters.

You are the one who claimed Hoppe's to be "safe". I was informing you that you are wrong. It has petroleum distillates which degrade o-rings. That will lead to faster breakdown of a marker.

Danger: Reading online forums may cause irreparable damage to your faith in Humanity.

#26 User is offline   ProX 

• My primary hobby...
  • PipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

View PostFrontier_Bill, on Apr 12 2008, 03:58 AM, said:

View PostProX, on Apr 11 2008, 09:40 PM, said:

...The best lube I can recommend is Hoppes #9 Gun Oil. You can get some of that at any gun/hunting store, and sometimes in an Outdoor Recreational Store. Hunting store would be your best bet though. However, Don't use any kind of gun oil. Some oils have something in them that eats away the Orings. Hoppes #9 is safe though. :panzer:

You are the one who claimed Hoppe's to be "safe". I was informing you that you are wrong. It has petroleum distillates which degrade o-rings. That will lead to faster breakdown of a marker.

Look at the quotes again. I did not say that it was OK to use gun oil - Aurora Knight said that. I merely said it wasn't a matter of safety.

Where utmost longevity of the o-rings is a concern, then yes I suppose you shouldn't use an oil that is petroleum based.

To Duet: I don't think that the o-rings are silicon - I believe that silicon is quite resistant to petroleum.

edit: Frontier Bill, I see you recommended air tool oil in the event the OP didn't want to order marker oil. Isn't air tool oil petro based too?

This post has been edited by ProX: 12 April 2008 - 07:24 AM

I may be schizophrenic, but at least I have each other.

"Never play AGAINST your wife on her first day paintballing. Wife gets beat = no more nookie"
Mark that quote down... very important.

When I did tech support for Dell a call came in about a laptop that wasn't working right. The guy insisted that the bullet holes in had nothing to do with the boot issues... -Puzuma

#27 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:08 AM

Explain to me WHY you'd want to use a petroleum based lube that eats O-rings? Why would you risk being in the middle of a critical play and your O-rings blowing?

There's always a risk of blowing an O-ring but honestly, how can you play well knowing that you've done something that is basically sabotaging your own marker, worrying that the next shot could be the last one? How can your teammates rely on you knowing you've sabotaged your marker and effectively your team too?

I doubt that air tool oil is petroleum based seeing as air tools have rubber O-rings in them.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#28 User is offline   Frontier_Bill 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:26 AM

Ah, shoot. Sorry ProX. The avatars were similar in color and didn't notice you were a different guy. In my defense, it was 3am and had been awake for 20 hours.. but thats normal, so I dunno. Just slipped by me.

Air tool oil is designed to be used with pneumatic equipment, which uses sensitive o-rings, so they formulate it to not destroy o-rings. Meaning, no petroleum distillates. I have had no issues using it with my gear.

This post has been edited by Frontier_Bill: 12 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

#29 Guest_Cesar_*

• Group: Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:38 AM

View PostProX, on Apr 12 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

edit: Frontier Bill, I see you recommended air tool oil in the event the OP didn't want to order marker oil. Isn't air tool oil petro based too?

View PostPuzuma, on Apr 12 2008, 11:08 AM, said:

I doubt that air tool oil is petroleum based seeing as air tools have rubber O-rings in them.

Air tool oil is 100% safe to use on paintball markers...because a marker is essentially a big air tool...

#30 User is offline   slinkyaroo 

• Gravity takes over where brains leave off.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:55 AM

However air tool lube isn't synthetic and isn't designed for cold weather operation unless mentioned. Hence it is not the best choice for CO2 users.

Share this topic:

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users