• You cannot reply to this topic

CAROLINA SCILENCE SNIPERS ONLY PAINTBALL TEAM Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#16 User is offline   TheSaint 

• TheSaint
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:The Saint

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:06 AM

I know, I know, I'm striking while the iron is hot...

I think I am going to have to take the weak side on this. I thank an all sniper team in scenario games (or big games for that matter) could be extremely effective. Thinking as a commander in quite a few endeavours (both large and small) I can see that where a group that is good at concealment and limited motion could be a huge asset to me in both running missions, recon, and defeating enemy moral. With that I salute your efforts. Lastly, here are a few thoughts for you as you begin (or who knows, by this time may be running the team) putting this team together:
1-On the forums (this thread specifically), be nice, ignore those ppl who give you a hard time about "this will never work" and "there aren't snipers in paintball". That is a battle that will rage forever and if I may state, there is a difference between snipers and paintball snipers. Similar in design but different in use, but a sniper none the less.
2-If you should decide that you would rather run a sniper squad, contained within' a larger team, let me know. I know Krisis has the firepower to back you up :D

2008 Special Ops Recon Team

#17 User is offline   headhunter2 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:headhunter2

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:52 AM

TheSaint has spoken and I respect his point of view on the matter. Having played with and against team krisis in a couple of scenarios I can assure you a strictly sniper squad would be very well backed by there team. I can see how a sniper squad would work if it had a team backing it but just a sniper team on its own in a scenario would be hard to manage and once you did make contact with the op-for you better hope it is not a team like krisis or epic unit (just to name a few good NC teams) Then you would be in big trouble. This has been my argument from the start not that it can't work just that it would need support in a fire fight
Invisible text club member #15 Every time you wipe paint God makes a new PETA member Adminion #12 My Feedback
If you play your own game of paintball using Spec ops as guidelines and not as "law of position", put this in your sig.

#18 User is offline   Puzuma 

• That is not dead which can eternal lie,
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Administrators
  • Brigade Name:Puzuma

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:28 AM

View Postheadhunter2, on May 15 2008, 09:48 AM, said:

Everyone is on topic. We are discussing the fact that a team of nothing but snipers is a dumb idea.

It's not a dumb idea. It's just not going to be the most flexible or useful team in every situation, at least if you adhere to the classic sniper motif (which 99% of "snipers don't exist" hold to).

A 10 man team of "classic" snipers are going to break into 5 fire teams find some hides and basically not move. They will carry little paint and avoid heavy firefights.

However give them a Saber load out and teach them sniper field craft focusing on sharpshooting and stealth with some small squad tactics focused on some heavier firepower..... Having that same squad of ten stick closer together and setting up a coordinated ambush, they should be able to take out a group 2 or 3 times their size.

Regardless, such a team is only going to be really effective in big game/scenario games. Your regular woodsball game probably won't be long enough or on a large enough field.
Posted Image
That is not dead which can eternal lie,And with strange aeons even death may die.

#19 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• Furtim, Patientia, Veneratio
  • PipPip
  • Brigade Name:SNIPER TY

Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:16 AM

thanks for the feedback yall. we had the team goin for a little while then 2 of our members got deployed and another went to basic training. im in the process of reconfiguring the team with the good sugestion of sniper squads inside a full team. right now im running the idea of 4 snipers, 4 daggers, 4 sabres, 4 broadswords, 4 hammers and 2 mixed squads. im trying to get the manpower to accomplish this. its going to be a largeer team than im used to startin but im confident it will work out. i am also open to any teams that could use a mercinary sniper squad or 2 to come back them up in a game. let me know if yall got any ideas on carolina silence 2.0

:D SNIPER TY :ghillie:
Don't run, you will only die tired!!!
A case of paint for you means 2,000 paintballs but for me that's the body count
"And God gave man three things with which to fix all of man's problems: WD-40, duct tape, and a hammer."
are u DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTERS Warning Issued kidding me, that's the only thing i can say
TEAM CAPTAIN OF SHADOW UNIT
COMMANDER OF CAROLINA SILENCE: MERCINARY SNIPERS
View My Special Ops Brigade Page
commander # 145 / sniper # 1 / broadsword # 119

#20 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:47 AM

i have yet again revamped my team and have brought my original team (shadow unit) and my sniper team (carolina silence) into one team under the banner of shadow unit. but carolina silence still splits off and plays for other teams when we are asked. my current set up is a 2 man sniper team but instead of a shooter and a spoter they both carry a sniper marker with enough firepower to hold their own in a decent firefight but instead of bein alone, i have assigned a heavy gunner and a rifleman to each sniper team, all camoed and quiet. i currently have 2 of these fireteams and i am usualy ahead of my boys with a radio for recon and to set up ambushes.

this is my current set up. constructive critisism and advise and recuits are always welcome.

:laugh: SNIPER TY :ghillie:
"And God gave man three things with which to fix all of man's problems: WD-40, duct tape, and a hammer."
are u DO NOT DODGE THE SWEAR FILTERS Warning Issued kidding me, that's the only thing i can say

#21 User is offline   SNIPER TY 

• PipPip

Posted 08 April 2010 - 06:16 AM

THIS TOPIC IS NO LONGER RELEVENT TO CAROLINA SILENCE SEEING AS IT HAS BEEN INTEGRATED INTO SHADOW UNIT. PLEASE DELETE THIS TOPIC. THANK YOU

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users