Special Ops Paintball: Autococker general discussion thread - Special Ops Paintball

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Autococker general discussion thread From classy to classic. Rate Topic: ***** 1 Votes

#391 User is offline   MurderFX 

• Forum Newbie
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Brigade Name:MurderFX

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:44 AM

View PostMeline, on Jan 29 2009, 06:28 PM, said:

View PostMurderFX, on Jan 24 2009, 10:16 AM, said:

View Postleft handed, on Jan 20 2009, 10:32 PM, said:

Just picked up a VF Tactical body. Will 2k+ front blocks and upgrades work on it?

You have to have the VF-Tactical front block but all other cocker upgrades will work.

Not true... The VF tac body is actually the 2003 Vert Feed body. Any post 2K block will work.

VF Tacticals have the HPR mounted to the front block - similar to a karnivor. 2k blocks don't have HPR mounts.
Kevin
~ owner & driver of cars ~
#187 Outlaw Posse

#392 User is offline   Meline 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Meline

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

View PostMurderFX, on Feb 2 2009, 08:44 AM, said:

Just picked up a VF Tactical body. Will 2k+ front blocks and upgrades work on it?

You have to have the VF-Tactical front block but all other cocker upgrades will work.

Not true... The VF tac body is actually the 2003 Vert Feed body. Any post 2K block will work.

VF Tacticals have the HPR mounted to the front block - similar to a karnivor. 2k blocks don't have HPR mounts.

You know what the difference between a full sized and and a mini front block is??? The 1/4" NPT plug on the front block is removed. Ever seen a pressure guage mounted on the bottom of a front block? That's how they did it. No milling or drilling required...
CPPA #2701

aka Lazarusrat

#393 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• Born in the USSR, I have no country to call my own
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Side-Swipe

Posted 02 February 2009 - 03:26 PM

View PostMeline, on Feb 2 2009, 04:14 PM, said:

View PostMurderFX, on Feb 2 2009, 08:44 AM, said:

You know what the difference between a full sized and and a mini front block is??? The 1/4" NPT plug on the front block is removed. Ever seen a pressure guage mounted on the bottom of a front block? That's how they did it. No milling or drilling required...

Yeah the VF-Tactical has a guage mounting point on it, on the front block

#394 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:15 PM

...seriously.

The VF Tactical is a full length body. However, instead of being drilled for the ASA on the bottom tube, it is more similar to a Karnivor or mini-length cocker in that what would otherwise be the gauge port on a standard front block needs to be replaced with an ASA adapter, or a mini frontblock needs t be used. Otherwise, the air is actually unable to get into the gun.

The VF Tactical OEM frontblock was a bit different, but if one is not available, any stock WGP 2k spec frontblock can be used. Lefty has actually already done this.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#395 User is offline   left handed 

• Arms Dealer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:left handed

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

Yup, it airs up, I just don't have a knack for timing it, one of my barbs is leaking, and the ram swivel head blew off. But parts from PPS are on their way so it should be ready to rock n' roll, closed bolt style, in a little. :laugh:
Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

Feedback!

#396 User is offline   CapnStank 

• Sophomore Member
  • PipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:CapnStank

Posted 02 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

So I gotta ask; I was reading this thread from the start a few days ago and noticed the hype over Villian/Superhero designs. Did anyone go through with it? Got picks or a link to them?
"Watch out for the guy with the pump, they tend to hit their target."
My BST Feedback: +3/0

#397 User is offline   Z3R0 

• Spontaneous Hate Machine
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:Z3R0 (Sledgehammer)

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Anyone want my Cocker? I got to use it yesterday and it's a freaking machine gun... so fast and surprisingly smooth and quiet - well it was for me at least, but I've never shot a highend Cocker before it, and I'm not used to a poppet shooting so nicely :angry:. But I've got three electros now and sadly it's the one I have the least desire to hold on to, and I know I'll just be tempted to buy new stuff for it and get it chopped up and modded every time I have some money, so I think it's probably in my own best interests to sell it off :laugh:. I didn't use the Ergo reg because I just slapped my Gladiator on it from my Cyborg, and with some Diablo Heat that was a slightly loose fit for my .685 Matchstick, it was getting +-5 FPS over the chronograph. There is a little bit of trigger bounce but not too much really. And the LPR knob has a tendency to back out slowly, so at some points it'll just stop shooting and leave you thinking "What the hell?" until you just turn the LPR knob in a little. Also, the gauge on the frontblock doesn't seem to even read pressure haha, but it's just there as a plug for now I guess. It has a slight leak on the frontblock somewhere, I think from the threading on the LPR, but I can't figure out how to get the LPR and 4-way noid off of the frontblock so I'm just leaving that be since the leak is pretty minor.

No ASA or barrel... keeping those for me still ;). And it'll have the Ergo reg, not the Gladiator. Just PM me if any of you are interested. I'm in no rush to sell it at all so so far I've only offered it for sale here and to some of my friends/teammates locally.

-Z3R0

EDIT: Just aired it up again and the frontblock leaks have gotten worse... there was quite a bit of fill and shell in there so I think one of my friends got shot in the pneumatics while they were borrowing it. Now one or two of the microline fittings also seem to be leaking a little. Still cycles and fires just fine, just a little bit annoying and I'm sure it's not doing much good for the efficiency.

This post has been edited by Z3R0: 09 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image
Lapco Grey Ghost 2008, Classic Automag, PM8, 06 Cyborg

#398 User is offline   oerllikon 

• All closed bolt.... Awwww yeeaah
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:SIA5 Dagger

Posted 09 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

lol, i want it, but im too broke, ATM. Ive always wanted an e cocker
I think everyone who was going to get a super hero cocker started other projects.
Whats everyone think of the sniper im working on, btw?
2003 VF body duracoated glossy white
satin slider frame (need help on this one)
CCI clear anno 12 gram changer
CCM clear/clear anno pump handle
I thought it would be cool to get "Ghost" written on it in some freaky sweet cursive

#399 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

View Postoerllikon, on Feb 9 2009, 05:40 PM, said:

lol, i want it, but im too broke, ATM. Ive always wanted an e cocker
I think everyone who was going to get a super hero cocker started other projects.
Whats everyone think of the sniper im working on, btw?
2003 VF body duracoated glossy white
satin slider frame (need help on this one)
CCI clear anno 12 gram changer
CCM clear/clear anno pump handle
I thought it would be cool to get "Ghost" written on it in some freaky sweet cursive

I dont understand the satin slider and autocockers arent known for their 12 gram efficiency.

#400 User is offline   oerllikon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:50 PM

satin silver. Maybe ill run a 3.5 then. I was going for a sliver/white color scheme. I could probably pull off a nickel slider, and polished aluminum barrel. I dont want it regulated, though. Just for straight CO2. Im trying to make this as stock class as possible

#401 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• PipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 06:56 PM

View Postoerllikon, on Feb 9 2009, 07:50 PM, said:

satin silver. Maybe ill run a 3.5 then. I was going for a sliver/white color scheme. I could probably pull off a nickel slider, and polished aluminum barrel. I dont want it regulated, though. Just for straight CO2. Im trying to make this as stock class as possible

Most probably then get a better valve and a spring kit.

#402 User is offline   oerllikon 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:38 PM

Yeah, I was going to get palmers LT valve, and a maddman kit

#403 User is offline   Side-Swipe 

• PipPipPip

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:29 PM

View Postoerllikon, on Feb 9 2009, 08:38 PM, said:

Yeah, I was going to get palmers LT valve, and a maddman kit

Make sure you get the right maddmann kit, i got the wrong one with sheridan springs, but you need the nelson.

#404 User is offline   flyweightnate 

• Closed bolt. Rock n cock, or rock n roll.
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:flyweightnate

Posted 10 February 2009 - 08:23 PM

I've kinda wanted to make a Sniper just to run off 12gs. I'd never use it... I hate Snipers. But it would be proof of concept. I'd alter the valve to use a narrower opening and side-tap the body with SS hardline, devolumize the entire front end, match the passages through and through (and you wouldn't believe the concept I have for a 12g Sniper valve), and use a specially designed bolt as well. Just match the streamlines to the passages, and I honestly think I could get 45+.

As far as Superhero guns, the economy crashed. I lost a great job the day before I started, among other things.
Feedback.
"Listen to nate hes always right, no joke"- Mighty Mike

#405 User is offline   Mighty Mike 

• The Aggorilla is watching you!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Brigade Name:MightyMike0

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:15 PM

Yeah I wanted to make a superhero cocker but I lost my job due a fight between my dad and his partner, then the economy was bad and people older then I was were looking for the same jobs I was looking for, it didn't work out. When I turn 18(5 days) I should have better luck finding a job and trying to build a superhero(or possibly supervillain) cocker.

Share this topic:

• (30 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users